My First Grow - is it Female or Male?

after zooming in its a he ...males will show sex first

I zoomed in to but it pixelated and got blocky but when I ran it through the super computer and cross correlated with the picture reader 9000 v2.0 it gave me a slightly better resolution, from there it was much easier to scan it into the picture interpolator and discombobulate the data confirming my suspicions, which was that my flux inducer had over heated last week when I ran low on thorium in my pizo electric continuum transfunctioner. Naturally the replacement parts from NASA were sub standard as expected so the optical resolution needed to be improved by repeated bombardment of gamma and close range alpha radiation.

In the end the final data analysis revealed that in order to confirm it is a male we need to flower it and try to detect pollen sacs :)

I zoomed in to but it pixelated and got blocky but when I ran it through the super computer and cross correlated with the picture reader 9000 v2.0 it gave me a slightly better resolution, from there it was much easier to scan it into the picture interpolator and discombobulate the data confirming my suspicions, which was that my flux inducer had over heated last week when I ran low on thorium in my pizo electric continuum transfunctioner. Naturally the replacement parts from NASA were sub standard as expected so the optical resolution needed to be improved by repeated bombardment of gamma and close range alpha radiation.

In the end the final data analysis revealed that in order to confirm it is a male we need to flower it and try to detect pollen sacs :)

i cut the shit Down im gonna Make Cannabutter From it!!!

Ya that's an option as well

Does Anyone have Any Idea what Strains Are These???
20150516_230148.jpg

Yesterday 2 of my 3 plants under flower started showing definite sex, almost overnight, 7 days under 12/12. Being my first grow, I quickly reviewed the sexing pics members posted, although I had a pretty good idea that the two largest were males. Checking again a few hours later, All three showed sex. Yes, it changed that fast!

The males had bunches of hairless pods, ALL OVER the plant, in every node! The female had white hairs at the tips of the 4 branches I had trained, not all over at this early stage. The difference was quite obvious. So, without regret, I chopped the two males into the trim bin (leaves and pods only) for cannabutter.

So far, at least with my Purple OG x Mazar, I have noticed that the males exhibited faster growth with more space between nodes and fewer fingers per leaf. I chose these plants to switch to flower first, to get them out of the way, also to test my prediction.

I also learned that once the preflowers start showing, you can't wait days to remove the males. They mature really fast!

Hope my first grow experience helps another newbie. I'm no expert, by any means, but I have grown veggies, shrubs, and trees over the last 45 years, and just followed what I learned from that and tips from the veteran growers at this site.

Yesterday 2 of my 3 plants under flower started showing definite sex, almost overnight, 7 days under 12/12. Being my first grow, I quickly reviewed the sexing pics members posted, although I had a pretty good idea that the two largest were males. Checking again a few hours later, All three showed sex. Yes, it changed that fast!

The males had bunches of hairless pods, ALL OVER the plant, in every node! The female had white hairs at the tips of the 4 branches I had trained, not all over at this early stage. The difference was quite obvious. So, without regret, I chopped the two males into the trim bin (leaves and pods only) for cannabutter.

So far, at least with my Purple OG x Mazar, I have noticed that the males exhibited faster growth with more space between nodes and fewer fingers per leaf. I chose these plants to switch to flower first, to get them out of the way, also to test my prediction.

I also learned that once the preflowers start showing, you can't wait days to remove the males. They mature really fast!

Hope my first grow experience helps another newbie. I'm no expert, by any means, but I have grown veggies, shrubs, and trees over the last 45 years, and just followed what I learned from that and tips from the veteran growers at this site.

thank you for your Advices Bro!!!

This is My Last Mature Plant can i Start the Flowering Stage for this one or its Early???
20150518_002028.jpg

This is My Last Mature Plant can i Start the Flowering Stage for this one or its Early???

20150518_002028.jpg

If this is your last mature plant, I would wait till the two branches off the top have developed at least 3 nodes, then pinch those two as well, giving you 4 possible COLAS of equal length. Once all four branches are leafed out, say 3 nodes, then you can gently tie each branch to the pot rim with ties and binder clips, bending just enough to open the inside of the plant a bit. This is going to add a couple weeks or so to your veg time, but it will, when you switch to flower, increase your final yield about 4x. More product, about the same amount of work. And your reward for being patient. ;-)

Meanwhile, you will be cloning off lower branches that aren't going to get much light, for the next generation in your perpetual grow.

If this is your last mature plant, I would wait till the two branches off the top have developed at least 3 nodes, then pinch those two as well, giving you 4 possible COLAS of equal length. Once all four branches are leafed out, say 3 nodes, then you can gently tie each branch to the pot rim with ties and binder clips, bending just enough to open the inside of the plant a bit. This is going to add a couple weeks or so to your veg time, but it will, when you switch to flower, increase your final yield about 4x. More product, about the same amount of work. And your reward for being patient. ;-)

Meanwhile, you will be cloning off lower branches that aren't going to get much light, for the next generation in your perpetual grow.

OK But i Just want to Determine the sex of the plant then Back to Vegitate!!!

You don't want to subject the whole plant to that kind of stress. Take a clone off your lowest, longest side shoot and put it under 12/12. Be sure and follow proper cloning techniques, so the clone concentrates on forming roots. Keep it in a large baggie to keep the humidity up until it has roots.

After chopping two males, I put another veg into flower alongside the single female I have under flower. (only room for 2) In just 3 days, it suddenly sprouted a vigorous branch with alternating nodes, like my other males did. The female, in comparison, has no alternating nodes.

Although no sex has developed yet on this "sport", the plant is acting exactly like the males I terminated. So we'll see in a few days if this early sign holds true for the 3rd time. Maybe this is how this strain develops. (Purple OG x Mazar, 58 days from seed)

alt_growth_58_days.JPG

Best thing I've read all night LMFAO

Back
Top Bottom