My First Grow - is it Female or Male?

Haha haha captain obvious ^^^^

No it's not ready maybe a week left I'm already flushing and cut her nutes

20150523_144342-1.jpg

white-widow-male-female-differences.jpeg

Re: my first Grow!!! is it female or Male???

I'd like to see what the more experienced folks think. Male/female?

Why hasn\'t it flowered yet? It got about 8 weeks of HID lights for 18 hours a day and now it\'s been outside for about 3 weeks and still nothing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

enhanced1.jpg
5_23_01.JPG

I'd like to see what the more experienced folks think. Male/female?

Why hasn\'t it flowered yet? It got about 8 weeks of HID lights for 18 hours a day and now it\'s been outside for about 3 weeks and still nothing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

enhanced1.jpg
5_23_01.JPG

Yeah, I know I said I was not going to post any more, but I couldn't resist. ;-)

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, the days are still getting longer, the nights shorter until June 21st. It is the amount of darkness that triggers flowering in Cannibus. You need to get her under a MINIMUM of 12 uninterrupted hours of darkness, and you won't get that on your deck unless you have a light-proof tent out there. This holds true for ANY species that flowers in the fall, as the days get colder and shorter.

You may have to shock her into switching by putting her in a closet or tent for 2 days, in total darkness, then under 12/12. It's OK to give her some natural light during her day period. Just watch for bugs.

Thanks so much for the advise. :) I can wait. It's been growing about an inch an day, will I do any harm by waiting?
Any idea what it is besides indica?

Yeah, I know I said I was not going to post any more, but I couldn't resist. ;-)

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, the days are still getting longer, the nights shorter until June 21st. It is the amount of darkness that triggers flowering in Cannibus. You need to get her under a MINIMUM of 12 uninterrupted hours of darkness, and you won't get that on your deck unless you have a light-proof tent out there. This holds true for ANY species that flowers in the fall, as the days get colder and shorter.

You may have to shock her into switching by putting her in a closet or tent for 2 days, in total darkness, then under 12/12. It's OK to give her some natural light during her day period. Just watch for bugs.

Thanks so much for the advise. :) I can wait. It's been growing about an inch an day, will I do any harm by waiting?
Any idea what it is besides indica?

It does no harm to wait for nature to take it's course. Longer veg = stronger plant = higher yield at harvest.

Meanwhile, when you trim out crowded leaves and take clones, you can use the leaves to make extracts. There are many recipes under the forum MMJ Cannibus Edibles, that can extract some compounds from even the leaves and petioles (leaf stems) (choose a safe and non-toxic method). And, yes, you can smoke properly dried and cured leaves, although it won't send you to the Moon, like buds will. Add a little pipe tobacco to the smoke to make it really smooth.

Oh, and it is practically impossible to tell which particular strain it is except whether it's Indica or Sativa. You might get an approximation from the color, size and shape of your harvested buds, but barring actual genetic testing, I don't think you can say for sure what strain or hybrid she might be.

Thanks again for the great advise. :thanks:

It does no harm to wait for nature to take it's course. Longer veg = stronger plant = higher yield at harvest.

Meanwhile, when you trim out crowded leaves and take clones, you can use the leaves to make extracts. There are many recipes under the forum MMJ Cannibus Edibles, that can extract some compounds from even the leaves and petioles (leaf stems) (choose a safe and non-toxic method). And, yes, you can smoke properly dried and cured leaves, although it won't send you to the Moon, like buds will. Add a little pipe tobacco to the smoke to make it really smooth.

Oh, and it is practically impossible to tell which particular strain it is except whether it's Indica or Sativa. You might get an approximation from the color, size and shape of your harvested buds, but barring actual genetic testing, I don't think you can say for sure what strain or hybrid she might be.

highphyco: By the time you read this, you will already know what sex your plant is (or was, if you sent it to the cutting bin.) However, I thought I would share a brand-new male preflower on a clone I had under 12/12 for sexing.

Male_preflowers_on_clone.JPG

These showed up overnight. yesterday they were not there. So check every day to catch the males before they start dancing with the ladies!

NOTICE TO NEWBIES: No hairs and no green fingers showed themsleves before the pod showed up. This is how you tell if it's a male or female bud.

Back
Top Bottom