My First Grow With Bubbles!

CadillacMike

Hi everyone, I finaly registered to the site. I am not new to the site by any means, i just got around to actually joining. Anyways, i am doing my first Deep Water Culture grow with the use of the All So Knowledgeable Roseman Tutorial. That tut was rediculously awesome. It made me change my whole plan on how i will grow ( I promise i wont hold you responsible for the grow, good or bad! lol) . I have one plant currently in soil, It is called Da Purps from Premier seeds. I have gathered lots of equiptment over the last month for my main grow, but i had to pop one seed to see how they were, as i have never gotten seeds online before. I am going to be relocating to my new place of residence tommorow and will then have a whole room dedicated to my Herbals. I think i have followed every single step that Roseman has suggested for prep, including the location, location, location. In the next day or so, i will be posting pictures of the fresh setup, and will also give specs on everthing i am using. Until then, i would just like to aquiant myself with all you bubleheads, and Roseman. All bull aside, the things Roseman post just about answers any question i coulda had. Thanks a milly.

Re: My First Grow With Bubbles!!!!!

Hi everyone, I finaly registered to the site. I am not new to the site by any means, i just got around to actually joining. Anyways, i am doing my first Deep Water Culture grow with the use of the All So Knowledgeable Roseman Tutorial. That tut was rediculously awesome. It made me change my whole plan on how i will grow ( I promise i wont hold you responsible for the grow, good or bad! lol) . I have one plant currently in soil, It is called Da Purps from Premier seeds. I have gathered lots of equiptment over the last month for my main grow, but i had to pop one seed to see how they were, as i have never gotten seeds online before. I am going to be relocating to my new place of residence tommorow and will then have a whole room dedicated to my Herbals. I think i have followed every single step that Roseman has suggested for prep, including the location, location, location. In the next day or so, i will be posting pictures of the fresh setup, and will also give specs on everthing i am using. Until then, i would just like to aquiant myself with all you bubleheads, and Roseman. All bull aside, the things Roseman post just about answers any question i coulda had. Thanks a milly.

Welcome to 420 my friend! Glad to have you here!! Feel free to join up with the Deep Water Culture(See how to be a Deep Water Culture in sig). We are always here to help and give support. Best of luck on your grow!

:welcome:

Ok guys, ive hit a setback. My room is built and setup, but i am having a hell of a time with cooling my light. I have a 1000 watt lumatek ballast with an xtrasun mondo reflector. I have adjustments on my ballast for 600, 750 , 1000, and super lumen watts. I cant even keep the room below 80 degrees on 600 watts of MH. I have ducts going to the window for exaust and intake. I havnt planted my Deep Water Culture grow as i am trying to get my room temp operable first. I am that close to getting this grow underway, but yet i am having such a big problem with the heat that this light puts off. I am using a Jardin DR150 5x5 tent. I have spent the last 2 days trying to rectify this issue. Please, anyone with an opinion on what i may be able to do about this would be much appreciated. Thanks a million!!!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

POSTING PICS

You go to the Photo Gallery.
Go to My Pics
Go to Upload Pics
Upload pics to 420
Click the Thumbnail and it enlarges and is no longer a thumbnail
right mouse button click that pic and a window pops up
hit PROPERTIES
see the url - address, starts with http and ends with html or jpg
copy that address
paste it on your post page in between [ IMG ]https:// and [ /IMG ] (without spaces)

or use the yellow envelope at the top of the Posting Window for INSERT IMAGE, and put the address there.

I am using a 6 inch can fan for cooling. I believe it is about 400 cfm. I just added a booster fan for fresh air, it is about 170 cfm. The main problem is that i have both intake and exaust going from the window. The cool air is getting mixed with the warm exaust and not bringing in cool enough air. I am going to try and cut a hole in my closet and route my exaust into the attic. Any thoughts?

Here is my setup!

DSC001513.JPG

DSC001523.JPG

Ok, I figured out the pic thing. It wont accept my 12 magapixel camera so i had to use these vga formatted pics. But hey, there finally up. I am currently testing my new ventilation through the attic, fresh air through the window. I diconnected the top duct in the picture and fed it into a hole i put in my closet ceiling to the attic. I will let you know if i can maintain temps shortly.

Since I got the pics up and working, here is a pic of 1 seed of my 10 pack of DaPurps. They gave me 11. lol, so i decided to start one and let it go under some cfl's while i got this location. It will be 4 weeks from sprout on Friday!

DaPurps!!
DSC001562.JPG

Finally, finally, Finally!!!! we are under way. Here goes nothing!!! The temps have stabalized at 77-79 degrees in the room. I just put the seeds into a paper towel for germination. Here are some pics!

DSC001591.JPG

DSC001634.JPG

DSC001663.JPG

DSC001672.JPG

The Setup:

-DR 150 5x5 darkroom
-1000 Watt Luamtek Digital, Adjustable, Switchable Ballast
-XtraSun Mondo Reflector
-(Currently) 1000 Watt Hortilux Eye Metal halide
-6inch Can Fan High Output/ Exaust
-6 inch Inline Booster Fan/ Intake
-Can 33 Filter
-2 Roseman's DIY Deep Water Culture Setups ( Thanks a Bunch For That by The Way Roseman, That Was A Phenomenal Tutorial!)

I think that about covers it.

Back
Top Bottom