My First Grow!

Fetch

Hello,

So this is my set up, what I hope to get from this site is more knowledge from my fellow growers with more experiences.

These are just some seeds I got from a friend of mine. I'm currently waiting on some AK-47's in the mail. I thought I should start growing with free seeds before I attempt the seeds that cost me $70.00. This way if anything bad happens I can learn and move on.

These plants that we will call "fetch" are 6 days old they cracked after 2 days of paper towel germination and started sprouting their embryo leafs in just 2 days after planting. I did plant 6 and only 4 sprouted.

The room.

Tall - 4'
Length - 6.5'
Depth - 2'
Light - 400w MH (2 t8 cfl 1 150w cfl NOT IN USE)
Air - one asolating fan (squirrel fan I havent hooked up yet)
Temp - 75ish
Humility - 35ish
Water - filtered room temp 6.0 PH
Nutrients - none so far I plan on starting 25% strength bio-grow durring week 2 and moving up to full strength over time.

The first question I have is, I know 35% is a little low. Would it be in my best interest to get a humidifier? Or is 35% good enough?

IMG_072112.JPG

IMG_072011.JPG

IMG_071812.JPG

IMG_071713.JPG

Re: My first grow!!!!!!...any help would be awesome.

cool spot for a grow, is that a 6'' vent pipe i see on the left hand side of the first picture? if so does it exhaust outside of the house? that would be perfect for your squirrel cage fan. You should look into some SOG or SCROG techniques since it seems you have more horizontal space than vertical. Turning half that room into flower room sounds like a good idea to me. keep up the good work!

also good thinking by starting with bagseed. I did the same thing on my first two grows and i didnt harvest from either of them. then once i went for my third try i used feminized seed from online and it turned out alright because i had learned from my past mistakes. Check out my grow if you want ill have a smoke report soon!

Re: My first grow!!!!!!...any help would be awesome.

Good idea on being patient and growing those free ones first. You will learn alot your first time through. It looked like a normal sized garage intill i noticed your fan is almost to your ceiling. Nice apot looks like an easy place to keep cool. Ill be dropin by to see your progress and help u if u have any problems

Thanks guys! bike, that is a duct that goes from my furnace to the house but to the right is an outside wall that I'll cut into and run my squirrel fan out. I plan on completing the grow room today or tomorrow i'll take some photo's and I'll be sure to update this thread weekly.

Bike, I love your set up your plants look super healthy I hope my little girls become so pretty. 253 your hydro set up is nice and looks and the budds looked so tasty, I just browsed the thread. But did you mother one of those plants?

Bike, I love your set up your plants look super healthy I hope my little girls become so pretty. 253 your hydro set up is nice and looks and the budds looked so tasty, I just browsed the thread. But did you mother one of those plants?

Hey fetch, i didnt get a chance to mother one if i do get a mother plant ill probably getva white strain or ak47 from serious seeds. Im really starting to like these white strains alot. I wanna compliment your grow room again that looks like a nice comfortable secluded spot to spend alot of your gardening hours. it looks relaxing props for the cool grow room

you can get a humidifier but id make a wall for reflection to up the luman available to the plant. a stem wall that slides along the floor. easy to move but worth every penny for what it does. youd be suprised at the luman loss! i myself didnt believe it! till i tried it and kicked myself in the butt for not doing it sooner!
what type buld? 400 watt mh whats the name? i use a hps 430 and a 400 watt eye hortilux bulb. its replaced every 10 months. i know it would work longer but dont like to wait till they stop producing. it makes a difference
is that true mylar? ive also learned its hard to beat FLAT WHITE PAINT! its just a few points away from mylar and so much more durable! ya cant rip it! exhaust fan very important and, constant air circulation also a must not a wind storm but gental flow.
your off to a great start! you should also look into bending! the space is great just not very tall. ive had plants that grow up to 8' in my basement with a 400 watt bulb.
you look like you do a good job, you also think before you act! in time i do believe you will achieve your goal! be patient soak up info and be diligent with your grow. over watering is a killer, cannabis plants like to dry out just n ot to dry. feeding will be needed when the soil is drained of its neuts and not before. you can feed sooner but you get a better responce if you let the plant do the work till its established and then you can kinda push her. ive learned with the proper care the plant doesnt need to be pushed! a constant regiment with the same neuts and atmosphere will net the best results.
be well be free and grow that little weed
peace
its an art, when you get it youll suprise yourself!
your on track for doin just that!

Nice setup Fetch! Gonna come along for the ride if ya don't mind. Love watching 1st grows. I'm on my 1st from bag seed too and winging it so I like to see what others come up with and the advice the awesome ppl on here give to new growers.

Thanks for the advice camaro,

The bulb is a SYLVANIA Metal Halide Light Bulb 400w that's all I know about it I was told to change it every 7 months because the run out in 8. I'm already invested in mylar so ill stick with it. I also have a UV resistant tarp under it to you know keep everything clean. I have thought about LST I would love to max out my yield as much as possible. I've been watering when it needs it, when I first started doing research I read that it's important to dry out the plants so they dig their roots deep looking for water. Also its much easier to save an under watered plant then an over watered plant. I've read to wait 2 weeks before starting a 25% nutes so i'm going with that.

Thank you for joining me
I did my homework for about 2 weeks an hour or three a day just reading or watching videos. But please anything you see or feel the need to tell me let me know.

For an update I did put some work into the room to day to tighty it up a bit I'll finish tomorrow. With pictures to follow.

As for the plants they grew .25" taller with no leaf development.

Thanks GRAMMGROWS you are more than welcome to join the ride.

there r so many little things that can make a big difference in the end result. everybody has different grow rooms so everyone might experience different results with the same idea.
no sweat on the mylar, i was just letting you know about the paint so youd have an idea of what to use when it gets used for awhile. my experience was the mylar was fragle after time.
sylvania makes good bulbs, research the eye hortilux. youll be happy you did. go every 10 months. they say 12 plus months before changing.
transplanting- a big deal, i dont treat it like work but like a life giving step. super thrive alive look it up. 1/4 tsp. per. gal. no more stress
your doin great! dont ever get down about anything i or others suggest. your the boss and doin a good job at it!
peace

Hello all,

I put some work into the room trying to get as many luman as I can

The right is going to be the flower room, but I'm using it for veg now just because I have no other crop going. And it has the MH light in it. I still need to make some type of door to ensure no light gets in. And I need to install my squirrel fan and duct it outside.

The left is going to be the veg/mother/clone room.

As far as the plants go they grew .25" last night I can see the next set of leafs coming in. My #1 plant got burn a little because it grew .75" the first night I used the MH light. But the little bad ass still looks pretty good. My #2 plant is looking the best.

THanks!

Far Shot
Room_2_1_.JPG

Closer
Room_2_2_.JPG

#1 burnt a bit, poor girl
11464.JPG

#2 looking good
21049.JPG

Group
all37.JPG

Group again