My First Grow!

Yes sir, those are called the cotyledons, they fall off after about 3 weeks after life starts...

your plants are ready for topping, but not LST just yet...it's possible to try, but I don't recommend just yet.

:peacetwo:

Also Since I have limited height I've been wondering, how tall should I let them get b4 I go 12/12? I've read they can sometimes double or triple in size during flower. I was thinking 13", that means I hope the plant will end up 26" that will give me about 13" to play with. Am i cutting it to close?

oh man my bad, you don't have to yell... LOL, juss messing,

yes those leaves should be plucked off or just let them fall off on their own. it is fine and normal.

once you move a plant into flower, it CAN reach up to 3 times it's height during the stretch. depending on if you have a hybrid or a sativa dominate strain, my full indica did a 3 inch stretch...

use that as a rule of thumb and you should be fine, also remember there is always super cropping or even LST in the last parts of flowering....

:peacetwo:

Team,

Just an FYI the plants look great I gave them full nutes last night and they loved it this morning. I'm getting some good upward growth as well as some new crisp sets coming in. I'm also seeing leafs coming in off the lower nodes, so that's exciting. 3 more days I'm going to start my 10 AK-47's. One month behind my current grow.

Team

Just another update, last night I moved the fans around lowered the lights. And today the plants look super good. I can't wait to start my 10 AK-47s and get some real growth going. The thought of these 3 plants turning out to be males is scary.

do you think they are strong enough for topping?
end result is what you want, getting in a hurry when they look like this would be detrimental to the end result. they have to be healthy to top them, you can always do it when ever you want. you will be disappointed in the end. there is a time to top. i know how bad you want to but id wait till the leafs start showing more healthy signs. like reaching up twards the light. not extensive reach just signs of this.

NEW PICS

DAY 29 from seed

Just a photo update I'm going to wait for the next set to top/FIM

I haven't started my AK47 because I have plans for a better grow room in mind I'll keep you updated.

IMG_091414.JPG

IMG_091712.JPG

IMG_091814.JPG

IMG_091316.JPG

IMG_09109.JPG

NEW PIC

DAY 33

Pretty excited! I topped the plants today and they are looking SOOOO good.

I know what I'm going to do with these plants I will let them grow some more try to root 2 clones each then throw them in flower and pray.

IMG_092910.JPG

Looking great, you HAVE come a long way. You can take cuttings in flower as well, if you wish to get them girls into flower. I have had great success in the first two weeks of flower taking new vigorous cuts. If you are not already aware, wait a week or two after topping before flowering.

Back
Top Bottom