My First Grow!

ilikebike said:
if that last one is the sick one, it looks a hell of a lot better to me.

You've been answering these questions faster than I have! Listen to this guy, Fetch. He's spot on about this and the MH, too.

My ballast is tied up in the flowering room, but when it's free I put my put my seedlings under the MH before they even sprout. Remember a MH is just mimicking natural sunlight. Just keep the kids far enough away from the light so they don't get burned.

And remember to use plenty of sunscreen!

DAY 22

Let me know what you think of the pics!

IMG_085413.JPG

IMG_085512.JPG

IMG_085612.JPG

IMG_085714.JPG

IMG_085814.JPG

IMG_086012.JPG

IMG_086114.JPG

IMG_086214.JPG

IMG_085920.JPG

Thanks bike, I'm using a 400w MH right now and it's about 2 feet away.

I'm using general hydroponics "grow" right now with super thrive and calmag plus. They have had 2 feelings at quarter streighnth. The second one last night.

When do you think I should top them for the first time?

well they look tired and lacking the energy needed to produce the healthy root system.
im not knockin you! not at all! the plants should be reaching up to the light! a great sign of rockin and rollin in the veg cycle! yours look like they are wilting ever so slightly, dont try and correct with chemicals. what type light r u using!
please dont take harshly! i care and would like to see if i can help!
by the 20th day the plants should be growin at least an inch a day, mine have a 1.5 inch average. my lights are raised everyday, until the full force of flowering starts. then i dont have to raise anymore. i only have a 430 watt bulb so i pay attention to many different aspects of said cannabis plant. this lets me get every last luman available.
the plants look good! they should be takin off very soon. if not id say there is somethinmg slowing things down. temps, moisture, light. these and more could effect the rapid growth. do you have a temp gauge on the floor next to the root balls of the plants? it dosent look like they are over watered! how often you feeding them, remember they are small and wont take much if any at this stage. the soil has enoough food for a 2 week period, unless its a hydro mix with no neuts. r the seeds of quality? i must go tend to my garden. ill check back as long as my pain stays at bay!
you r doin a good job! dont try to hard to fix anything! its usually a bad thing! slow and easy, watch the leaf and growth speed. it should grow a foot in about 2 or 3 weeks. if not there is something the plant dosent like! hows the air, does it get exchanged with fresh air or air from somewhere else in the dwelling?
r u bending them! if so good job. if not, well?
ill check back! wrap the root balls, something to keep the heat in. not hot! not warm! just whats there. i use a vent from the upstairs down to the basement. temps are at floor level. where the root ball is! no colder than 69 degrees at the floor in the basement. no extra cost just takin a little from the fam. room. its always at 85 to 88 degrees in the winter! pellet stove!! freakin great product but man its a cooker. enough on the stove. tell me about the equipment and products u r using. whats the ph you run at. light schedule, ppm of the neuts. ect. wish i were closer to help!

bring the light down to about a foot away from them
do this gradually over a week period. when the plasnts are young they can not handle the light this close. at this stage you should be able to take all the light can put out. 2 feet away you loose over half the lights output. there is a problem!
gradually lower the light. watch the plant throughout the day and if you see signd of stress raise the light. i doubt youll have prob. once growing i keep the light as colse as possible, about a foot away from the canopy!
peace

what type light did you move them from?
dont rush but move the light down on a regular basis. id move it down as much as possible. watching the plants by the hr. if they show signs of good change, then your ok with the distance of the light from the plants. rule of thumb, if the lights hot on your hand at canopy level then the lights to close. this rule applies to the final distance from your plants! ive some pics to show you, im not a bragger but you should see whats what when it comes to a cannabis plant in full veg. once they start going youll need a bigger container! i use a 3gal black plastic bag. feed and water every other day.
im here for you, dont hesitate to ask.
peace

I think the problem is underwater I have only been giving them 3-7 sprays of water every 3 days I felt the dirt about half way down the pot and it was bone dry and I watered them yesterday. So I gave one a feeding now and we will see how she reacts.

i give my plants a 1/3 of a gal each watering alternating from neuts and plain vita-b water thats ph balanced. the soil is at the 3 gal amount.
give em some water, the roots will chase the water to where it goes. if your not runnin water out the bottom your not watering enough. make sure you wait between watering. i find the best way is to feel the weight of the plant. ill wait till they feel astonishing light in weight! this will make the roots go crazy with growth when you feed them. then when you water them after they are light in weight the water gives them somewhat of a break a recovery time if you will! then when you feed again, boom they suck thgoise neuts up very quickly!!! astonishing and youll know it when you achieve it!
peace
moderation when going through change! ease into everything you want to do. experiment when you get good at things. youll be happy you did!!!

Well today the plant I watered looks a little better (not much) however the other 2 look great. The only thing I can think that I changed was I moved the light a bit farther away.

Today I plan on doing a little work to the grow room (pictures to come)
And I want to sanitize the room.

Back
Top Bottom