My First Grow!

Fetch that room is looking pretty sweet.. Im in the process of setting up my 1st grow room.. have the seeds an all i got autoflowering feminized to start with i heard there pretty good for newbees.. i just cant decide on what light to get.. any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated

go with LEDs man -- a little more expensive in the short term but no ballast, no heat, less electricity, no buying new bulb every few grows (which adds up fast), and grows as good or better than conventional hps/mh (especially with tric formation)

advanced led is a sponsor and i've seen journals with great results from tem. there was another one that irishboy used that had amazing results i can't find the name of it or irishboy on this site anymore.

Just my two cents...

LED can work... BUT there is a lot of garbage out there as well. The best lighting systems appear to be quite expensive to purchase.

You can buy a cheap LED and hope it works, or a cheap HPS/MH and hope it lasts. One is a proven and affordable technology, you will always pay more for leading edge and have to decipher the good from all the bad out there. Choose carefully. We can include T5 in this list as well, another time tested technology.

What do I use, you may ask?

I veg with 8 -T8 48" bulbs
I flower with 600w MH/HPS in a 3'x4' area, may move to a 1k. My 600w is a digital dimmable ballast with an open air hooded fixture. Love it!

For the young ones I just turn it down for the first couple of weeks or so. I think the digital ballasts are the way to go. Pros and Cons always on all sides.

Well yet again I show my noobness, so trying to dry out the over wartered plant I brought it closer to the heater. And I let it get to 110F for a few hours. She is not looking so good. Now I can only wait and hope she comes around. The other 3 plants look great.

jabroni88 I'm glad smokzalot and thinkerr helped you.

Thanks Big beans i think i might just stick to d traditional..

Smokzalot that what i was looking at in the 1st place a 600w dimmable. i plan on my area being roughly 3x4 also..

Would this HPS be ok for autoflowering seeds?

Thanks in advance

:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::thanks:

Thanks Big beans i think i might just stick to d traditional..

Smokzalot that what i was looking at in the 1st place a 600w dimmable. i plan on my area being roughly 3x4 also..

Would this HPS be ok for autoflowering seeds?

Thanks in advance

:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::thanks:

hey not trying to be a dick but lets keep this thread on topic, if you would like to ask another member an unrelated topic to the grow journal please start a new thread or use the private messaging system. Thanks guys!:420:

Team

3 of the plants are on 59 hours no water and loving it. They look so good, some new sets coming in. As for the one I fucked up she is still standing but the leafs are burnt and wilted. I gave her a foilier feeding with some super thrive and 1/4 nutes. Maybe that will help. Pics tonight.

Back
Top Bottom