My First Grow!

As promised some pics

DAY 15

They were looking a little wilty so I gave them some food 1/4 nutes.

IMG_083911.JPG

IMG_08406.JPG

IMG_084111.JPG

Clearly a problem, I feel so bad and dumb. Oh well.
IMG_084211.JPG

Fetch,

I was uploading some pictures to my journal and your pictures were right there. One of your plants isn't doing very well.

I went through your entire journal and I can't see any mention of the soil you are using. Believe it or not, soil is the most important component of your grow. You can have crappy nutrients, poor lighting, etc., but bad soil will slowly kill your plants.

There is no reason any of the seeds you sprout should die or languish on the vine.

What's the brand of soil? Did you mix it yourself? Does it come ready to use?

Thanks bike! She might have a chance

Thanks for joining ggrant, I'm using FFOF, the last plant I over watered then I took some advice to bounce heat off a wall to dry it out, in doing so I forgot to check on it and the plant got up to 110F for a few hours. So, safe to say the little fellow has been threw a lot. I've been giving it some foilar feedings of super thrive, so far she is still standing.

Any advice would be awesome

THANKS!

Fetch,

Glad to hear the soil is OK.

This lady has a sulphur deficiency:

S_Decifient_11.jpeg

1134Sulpur-def-RD1.jpg

1134Sulpur-def-RD1.jpg

Sulphur (S) deficiency:
The initial symptoms are the yellowing of the entire leaf including veins usually starting with the younger leaves. Leaf tips may yellow and curl downward. Sulfur deficiencies are light green fruit or younger leaves with a lack of succulence. Elongated roots and woody stem. Although it's hard to see in figure 19, the upper stems of this plant are purple. Although many varieties of cannabis do get purplish stems, the trait generally extends the entire length of the plant's stem, and not just near the top as in this specimen.

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.

when the hole leaf turns yellow slowly i would try to rule out something like a sulfer deficency, by adding a little bit more nitrogen. i think you might be alright.:thumb: Dont ever think a purple stem is a deficency you will be chasing that all day. Some times the ones with the purple stems harden up quick and grow alot faster during veg. So most incounter that i have with purple stems has never been a bad thing. look at where the stem meets the water leaf and if the stem is purple that can be ok but if you notice the purple travaling into the veins of the leaf then you have a bit of a correction to make but dont do anything drasticaly different you will regret it. Just slightly feed a little more. And if you think you have been feeding them ok but still not sure. Flush Flush Flush. then start over this will eliminate lockout ph issues and what ever else is going on. thats just my two pennies you can take it with a grain of salt.

Team,

Just an FYI
just checked the plants and they look great, they were dry and a little wilty so I gave them a feeding of .25 nutes with some superthrive last night after 2.5 day dry out. And this morning they are perked up.

As for "la flama verda" (the green flame) thats what I'm calling the one I burnt up. She looks the same, and thats not good but also not bad IMO.

The sad lady definitely has a sulphur deficiency, Fetch.

when the hole leaf turns yellow slowly i would try to rule out something like a sulfer deficency, by adding a little bit more nitrogen

If the leaves at the bottom are turning yellow and the ones at the top are green, then it's a nitrogen deficiency.

If the leaves at the bottom are green and the ones at the top are turning yellow, then it's a sulphur deficiency.

Use the Epsom salts as I mentioned earlier. Even if your plant didn't have a sulphur deficiency (but it does!), adding Epsom Salts wouldn't hurt it. A lot of growers add Epsom Salts regularly to their water. I've used it lots of times myself. Aside from adding some sulphate ions, it has magnesium (Epsom Salts = Magnesium Sulphate), which these plants need anyway.

So, you have nothing to lose by adding the Epsom Salts and everything to gain.

Please give this gal what she needs!

.​

ggrant, I will follow your advice. I'm a man of action and I am not to proud to follow the advice of more experienced growers. I was planing on getting some cal mag, can i do both epsom salts and cal mag?

I had 3 of my sprouts too close to the lights and they got burnt...leaves looked liked yours..mine is recovering...sprouts are weak... throwing a bunch of treatments on them is not good...most will recover if they are allowed to do it on there own..pic of my sprouts will be posted today..they still have brown leaves but they are a inch taller...

Hey Rupe,

ggrant, I will follow your advice. I'm a man of action and I am not to proud to follow the advice of more experienced growers. I was planing on getting some cal mag, can i do both epsom salts and cal mag?

You can use both. As I mentioned, some growers use Epsom salts with every watering, even with nutrients. The Epsom salts is way more imporant at his stage than CalMag, but use both if you like. CalMag had calcium and magnesium, but no sulphates. A little extra magesium is fine. Magnesium toxicity is very rare and definitely not going to be a problem here.

Use the Epsom salts right away, and if you're so inclined, make a foliar spray with Epsom Salts in it. Use the same concentration as for watering. (1 tsp / gal). You'll get faster results if you foliar spray. (You can do both - water and spray with Epsom salts.)

The edges of the leaves look burnt. Miwa said they may be too close to the light. You're using HID MH lighting, is that right? Is so, move the sick gal further away from the light.

lite_burn.jpeg

Heat Stress:
Look closely below, and you'll see the brown leaf edges that are indicative of heat stress. This damage looks alot like nutrient burn, except it occurs only at the tops of the plants closest to the lamps. There's only one cure for this...get the heat away from the plants, either by moving the lamps or moving the plants.

Ok bro if you want to throw salts in there totaly up to you. But in my expirence if i would add more of something things to try to compinsate for something i thought it was lacking it just got worse. If you flush your starting back at ground zero. So you know you can start your feeding lightly then build back up to a tolorable level. So what happens if you throw the salts in there. witch lockout is a layer of salts that coats the roots so the plant cant absorbe what it needs, to add more salts then....:rip: Na im just kiding about the death part but really bro go ahead and add your salt i am interested to see the results. If your feeding your plants correctly you shouldnt need to add salts. I personaly have never needed to use salts but im sure thousands of people on this site use it. so you can also take this with a grain of salt lolz

Hey Rupe,

You can use both. As I mentioned, some growers use Epsom salts with every watering, even with nutrients. The Epsom salts is way more imporant at his stage than CalMag, but use both if you like. CalMag had calcium and magnesium, but no sulphates. A little extra magesium is fine. Magnesium toxicity is very rare and definitely not going to be a problem here.

Use the Epsom salts right away, and if you're so inclined, make a foliar spray with Epsom Salts in it. Use the same concentration as for watering. (1 tsp / gal). You'll get faster results if you foliar spray. (You can do both - water and spray with Epsom salts.)

The edges of the leaves look burnt. Miwa said they may be too close to the light. You're using HID MH lighting, is that right? Is so, move the sick gal further away from the light.

lite_burn.jpeg

Heat Stress:

here is a legit pick of what heat burn looks like. check out the loWer and upper outer leaves.
DSCN33782.JPG

HOPE THIS HELPS.:thumb:

Big Beans said:
Ok bro if you want to throw salts in there totaly up to you. But in my expirence if i would add more of something things to try to compinsate for something i thought it was lacking it just got worse. If you flush your starting back at ground zero. So you know you can start your feeding lightly then build back up to a tolorable level. So what happens if you throw the salts in there. witch lockout is a layer of salts that coats the roots so the plant cant absorbe what it needs, to add more salts then.... Na im just kiding about the death part but really bro go ahead and add your salt i am interested to see the results. If your feeding your plants correctly you shouldnt need to add salts. I personaly have never needed to use salts but im sure thousands of people on this site use it. so you can also take this with a grain of salt lolz

Flushing is always an option and it's great for mineral salt buildup and mineral lockout.

However, you shouldn't flush your plant and run crying to mommy every time you see a nutrient deficiency. This is a simple matter to correct by adding some Epsom salts. The sulphate is needed and a little extra magnesium never hurts. If we were talking about a potassium deficiency, etc. where you would be adding potassium salts or some other salts, then nutrient lockout could be a problem.

Epsom Salts is used by many growers in ALL the water they use. If it caused mineral lockout, they (and hundreds of other growers) wouldn't use it.

Just add the Epsom Salts already! You won't hurt your plant. If the sulpur deficiency doesn't resolve itself in a few days, you can always flush then.

P. S. I hope the picture you posted isn't your plant, Big Beans. It has a nitrogen deficiency and is root bound!

Back
Top Bottom