My plant is sick help me!

Kidicarus

Hello! can some one help me identify what my plant is suffering from..
im growing in soil but i recently adopted a large plant growing in coco the previous owner was using
"canna" coco a+b 40ml of each in 10 litres of water so thats what i have been using
according to my ebay bought PH meter the water is around 6.5
my tent is 1.2x1.2x2 meters and im currently using a 300w 6400k cfl lamp
temperature is stays around 27c

recently it started to look like this and my thoughts is that its magnesium deficiancy but im not shure..
20150817_224521.jpg
20150817_224454.jpg

it looks a little dusty because i figured i could crush som magesium pills i had and mix it with water and spray it on the plant hoping it might help..

please help! i dont want to mess this up..

i flushed with PHed water yesterday and mixed up a new batch of 10L water with just 20ml of coco a+b and 10ml rhizotonic and 10ml of cannazym

should i buy som calmag+ ? is it something else?

Hi Kidicarus, Before checking nutes problems I would check if there are some pests attacking your plant. Most problems are caused by pests, overwatering, poor soil, low nutes, improper ph, and under watering.

It's hard to tell if what I see is pest matter and bugs or if it's just the crushed pills you spread about. If you hadn't said that then I'd say looks like thrips or powdery mildew.

Best way to check is get a strong magnifying glass and a light and check your plant all over VERY closely---these bugs get through life by avoiding being seen. Check under the leaves, on top of the leaves and in and around the surface of the soil. Once you know if it's a bug then you can work on the problem.

Hi Kidicarus, Before checking nutes problems I would check if there are some pests attacking your plant. Most problems are caused by pests, overwatering, poor soil, low nutes, improper ph, and under watering.

It's hard to tell if what I see is pest matter and bugs or if it's just the crushed pills you spread about. If you hadn't said that then I'd say looks like thrips or powdery mildew.

Best way to check is get a strong magnifying glass and a light and check your plant all over VERY closely---these bugs get through life by avoiding being seen. Check under the leaves, on top of the leaves and in and around the surface of the soil. Once you know if it's a bug then you can work on the problem.

yes sorry about that powdery stuff i kind of paniced:bigblush:, its my first ever grow..i have checked for pest but cant see any, only with the naked eye though, i did however have a small problem with fungus gnats in the beginning on my own plants growing in soil
but they seem to have dissapeared after i let them dry out for a few days, i did the potato test on all the plants but no larvas appeared on them..

will try to clean the plants for you to see them without that mag.powder..
are the pests really that small that the cant be seen without using a magnifyingglass?
could it be overwatering? previous owner said i should water every day until water comes out the bottom,
i tried that on my plants
but it didnt seem right and thats when i got the gnats flying around,
still it seem to have spread to all four plants so it might be pests anyway..

Yes it looks like you need to add a bit more calmag, though I assume that the canna nutes are supposed to provide enough.
It's not from overwatering. I don't imagine that stuff on the leaves is going to be very good for them- so if you can give them a good misting sometime (don't do it with the lights on, or at least do it far from the lights. And let them dry out a bunch before getting them close to lights again or you may get some burning)
Mites leave white specks on the leaves (look closely at the undersides) but your spray attempt would explain it.
Coco works best at a ph of around 6.
5.8- 6.2 is the usual range. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice guys!

i believe i read somwhere that you could dissolve magnesium in water and spray them for faster results but maybe it was another kind of magnesium..

well i will give them a proper cleaning tomorrow and get ahold of a magnifyingglass, calibrate my PH meter, and order some calmag and pest control..

is spraying while lights on bad? maybe thats the problem, ive been doing that once or twice every day..could be since its on all four plants and two of them are growing in large pots with soil only watered with PHed water no other nutrients yet..but it could also be trips i guess..

bumping my own thread sorry!

could it be wind burn? i have a pivoting fan blowing on them 24/7...changed it so it doesnt pivot and aimed it at the wall instead, should it be on a timer?

and ill ask again, is spraying them with water when the lights are on bad?

Yes it can cause problems - but if you haven't experienced any so far then don't worry. Just don't do too much water too close to the lights.
The little water droplets (ever notice they have a magnifying glass effect when you look through them?) have a lensing effect that can cause the light to burn the leaves. Also- never spray buds directly- other than a very gentle mist anyway- it seems to kill the pistils, besides inviting mold.

I dont think that's wind burn. Just set your fan to oscillate and set it on low. Should be fine. Oscillating is better than a direct blast. Aiming away from the plants is ok too though.
If the brown spots don't spread then don't worry about it. Otherwise- start adding a little calmag. The usual dose is 5ml per gallon but if you're not having much damage then just go for 3. Extra calmag, within reason, doesn't usually hurt the plant though I think. I could be wrong about that one...

ok so heres how they look now, i believe the main problem actually was fungus gnats, they were treated with nematodes but some
sensi cal/mag+ was also added and they seem to be recovering and getting a more healthier darker green color, it hard to tell but you can compare with my soil grown autos wich have a darker color and they were treated with nematodes as well but no cal/mag+

soil grow on the bottom..

20150905_085900.jpg
20150905_085846.jpg

i forgot, one thing that bothers me is that the ones growing in coco never get that "upward pointing eager to grow" looking leaves like the soil grown does..should i up the nutes? i halved them when the problems started..

Back
Top Bottom