My Very First Grow Journal: BC Big Bud Grown Indoors In Soil

I’m here to grow with you . You’ll never bug me I like passing what I’ve learned here at 420 . If I can’t help I’ll be looking for someone who can on 420 . I went from $400+ to $12 a grow with MC .
That’s awesome man I’m glad you’re so willing to help, as are most of the people around. That’s quite the savings per grow! And I like the sounds of only mixing one thing in rather than the 5 things I’ve currently been using. I guess even having to add a bit of calmag isn’t the end of the world either. Can’t wait to see how well it works out for me

:woohoo: Welcome to the MC group!:high-five: I’m still trying to figure it out. I guess it would be different if I used mc from start to finish in a grow, but I’m excited to see the results come end of flower!
Haha ya I’m gonna switch over to it as soon as it comes in the mail. Be close to halfway through the grow I’m sure but I’m excited to give it a shot. A lot of raves on it around this forum so it has to be good

Looks like I’ll be changing out the res mixes today! :woohoo:
4BB463A6-0226-4217-95B1-49F991DCA2F1.jpeg

That’s awesome! You just followed exactly what the calculator said to use? No other additives or anything? That looks amazing
absolutely not. Blindly following the calculator or thinking that every plant needs more than 5g/gal eventually, can be folly. You have to carefully read and understand what GLN says about fine tuning your dosage to the perfect green color. Once you find the level that your plants need, the specially designed GLN supplements seem to be safe to use.... as long as you use them each at the correct time for the plant to be able to utilize what they provide, and as long as you treat them like dynamite... a little goes a long long ways. Heed the warning that they have added their calmag supplement into the base megacrop product, and trust that if you are at the perfect "megacrop green", you are not only giving the correct amount of Nitrogen, but also Calcium and Magnesium. It seems that only the hydro/LED folks are finding a need for extra magnesium.
I have found that while you are in veg, the Sea-K product is very good for helping to develop roots. It should end at the flip, when a hit of Sweet Candy seems helpful... but go lightly. When stretch is over and the buds are really starting to develop, Bud Explosion BE can be started, again going slowly and respecting its power.
I am finding in my soil grow that I have no need to adjust pH or worry about the chlorine in my tap water.
Again, going for the proper green I found that contrary to the advice I was hearing on the forums, as well as that big 6g/g upper limit on the online feeding calculator that seemed like some sort of goal, I found that my very large plants in 5 gallon containers of soil don't need more than 4.5g/g of MC. Once I figured that out, ... well, you see the result.:love:
:morenutes:

absolutely not. Blindly following the calculator or thinking that every plant needs more than 5g/gal eventually, can be folly. You have to carefully read and understand what GLN says about fine tuning your dosage to the perfect green color. Once you find the level that your plants need, the specially designed GLN supplements seem to be safe to use.... as long as you use them each at the correct time for the plant to be able to utilize what they provide, and as long as you treat them like dynamite... a little goes a long long ways. Heed the warning that they have added their calmag supplement into the base megacrop product, and trust that if you are at the perfect "megacrop green", you are not only giving the correct amount of Nitrogen, but also Calcium and Magnesium. It seems that only the hydro/LED folks are finding a need for extra magnesium.
I have found that while you are in veg, the Sea-K product is very good for helping to develop roots. It should end at the flip, when a hit of Sweet Candy seems helpful... but go lightly. When stretch is over and the buds are really starting to develop, Bud Explosion BE can be started, again going slowly and respecting its power.
I am finding in my soil grow that I have no need to adjust pH or worry about the chlorine in my tap water.
Again, going for the proper green I found that contrary to the advice I was hearing on the forums, as well as that big 6g/g upper limit on the online feeding calculator that seemed like some sort of goal, I found that my very large plants in 5 gallon containers of soil don't need more than 4.5g/g of MC. Once I figured that out, ... well, you see the result.:love:
:morenutes:
Ahh yes absolutely makes sense. I did read the perfect green colour blurb there. So I guess just fine tune it you my grow until I hit that and run from there. I’m not sure if I’ll try adding any of the extras for my first grow. I’d like to figure out the base product before I start adding more stuff. Appreciate your help and also congrats on the beautiful plants!

Just checking in with ya and seeing how your doing! :passitleft:
Gonna do an update here in the next day or so. Been super busy. Was just getting ready to do some work in the tent yesterday evening and got a call from a buddy that needed something brought up to fort St. John so I’ve spend the last 14 hours on the road lol. Another 6 to go and then some rest and an update on everything that’s going on! Thanks for checking in though I appreciate it!

Thanks again for checking in @Backlipslide. What a crazy busy week/weekend. Unfortunately two of the plants I transferred from the soiless mix I had in to the dwc didn’t make it. I knew it was a big risk trying to switch them over. The other one I switched over seems to be holding on good. Starting to drop down some good roots and showing some decent growth. The other one that was put in to the dwc first has exploded with growth. It’s becoming a monster and I’m blown away by it. I have started two more seeds that will be put in to the dwc once they’re ready. So now I have 2 og kush CBD plants, one speed bud auto in dwc and one in soil, one og kush in dwc that’s killing it and another speed bud that’s in soil that I have done some LST on for my first ever try at that. Those are all autoflowers and then I have 3 regular lollipurp photos that I started in hopes of getting a male to collect some pollen to try to make some seeds. I’ve been feeding them all mega crop. The big og kush in the dwc is getting 4g/g and the others are all sitting at 3G/g. I’m finding with the big og kush in the dwc I am topping it up roughly 1/2 gallon every two days. I’m gonna take some photos tomorrow of everything going on. Still need one more chill evening to try to catch up on some relaxing lol

Damn man! You’ve sure got a lot of plants going! Lol busy busy busy!
Haha man it doesn’t stop. I can’t stop myself from wanting to plant more. And now just to keep the wife happy I planted a bunch of lettuce and flowers and chives and all kinds of other girly things in the smaller tent. She’s hoping that those make the house smell better than my plants but I don’t think they’ll be strong enough to mask the odour of the bomb plants I’m growing :D:p Can’t wait to get some pics up later today

Okay here’s a couple photos I took quickly while I’m home for my lunch break. The second plant in the dwc looks rough again. I’m having troubles. Controlling the PH. Starts out of the tap at about 7.2-7.5. I ran a test last night. Filled two buckets on the counter. One with an air stone and one without. Both had 4g/g of MC and were ph’d to 5.5. The one with the airstone was up to a ph of 8 this morning and the o e without was only up to 5.6. Maybe @West Hippie can chime in here on how he stabilizes his ph. Pretty please :D I will take the plants out later and get better photos of each and post them but for now these are what I’ve got.
E7AE74E4-E694-4A08-9866-9A05AD25F556.jpeg
24991A91-BD02-44D5-95E3-CFC3DF2B8F35.jpeg

It was a post by @Reave that shows the air makes the ph rise . I do just what you did and mix the nutrients, dissolve then put the air in overnight and adjust the ph in the next day . Another thing I found my GH calimagic helps steady the ph , just 1 mL per gallon is all I use but mix it for 15-30 minutes before you put the MC in ! The reason I need a touch of calmag is the ro water .

The second dwc has light leaks!

It was a post by @Reave that shows the air makes the ph rise . I do just what you did and mix the nutrients, dissolve then put the air in overnight and adjust the ph in the next day . Another thing I found my GH calimagic helps steady the ph , just 1 mL per gallon is all I use but mix it for 15-30 minutes before you put the MC in ! The reason I need a touch of calmag is the ro water .

The second dwc has light leaks!
After you bubble it overnight and then ph it does it help keep it more stable or is it still all over the place? Light leaks?! The one with the white lid? I was in the city yesterday and got a new net pot lid for it so that white lid will be replaced today. I have also put a bottle of frozen water in the buckets to help keep the temps down as best as possible. I was told not to use calmag with the MC as it already has it in there.

After you bubble it overnight and then ph it does it help keep it more stable or is it still all over the place? Light leaks?! The one with the white lid? I was in the city yesterday and got a new net pot lid for it so that white lid will be replaced today. I have also put a bottle of frozen water in the buckets to help keep the temps down as best as possible. I was told not to use calmag with the MC as it already has it in there.
If running tap water you won’t need it . I noticed in my dwc and ro water needed calmag then noticed when I put in 10% or less helped stabilize the ph . 65-70 degrees are great keeps things from growing you don’t want . Have you been to @bluter megacrop thread ? I have it in my signature! You can see a lot of growers use straight Mc and myself use calimagic because of ro water.

Back
Top Bottom