Natedogg's Grow! Gelato & Purple Kush, Monster Cropped Clone Taffie x GG#4, Will Be Flowering Under Mars Hydro TSW3000 In 5x5

I thought I'd peak in and do a little update. I watered them today using only Recharge which is a soil amendment designed to establish colonies of beneficial bacteria and comes complete with molasses to feed said bacteria. I used this in my last grow and I have never seen a healthier root system. I am alternating waterings between recharge and then Fox Farms trio and Cali-Magic the next. I noticed today the very tips of some leaves appear slightly brown. I use 1/4 of what the instructions say to use so I am hesitant to assume nutrient burn. Otherwise these plants look very happy. Almost time to transplant the 2 Purple Kush into 5 gallon smart pots. Any advice on feeding schedules would be appreciated. That's 1 thing I am always unsure of.

20200119_125103.jpg

I have been noticing my Purple Kush's have started drooping as if over/underwatered and the soil drying out a lot faster than the others. I also noticed the very beginning of what appears to be a calcium deficiency on some fan leaves. I transplanted them into 5 gallon smart pots with Fox Farms Happy Frog soil. They had an impressive amount of healthy roots. I fed them a solution of Cali-Magic, Fox Farms Grow Big, and Fox Farms Big Bloom. I was able to take 6 cuts from them which are rooting inside of my humidity dome. I was lucky enough to get 7 rooted clones from the Gelato I previously transplanted. I tend to make as many clones as possible even if I have no need for them. I just hate to waste expensive seeds!! I can gift them to friends or if nothing else, flower a few extra in my veg tent under cheapo 600W Led. We shall see. The girls are recovering well from the brutal super cropping but I did get carried away. It took me a few times to learn my lesson there.
20200120_203153.jpg
20200120_130142.jpg

I have resisted this journal from the moment I saw it. NateDogg. Love Nate D oh Double G. Didn't want to follow a bunch of new journals and overextend the ol' Duders capacity to follow along.

But damn it I have room for NateDogg! One more strand in Duders head. Lotta ins. lotta outs. You have some nice plants and good strains going. Good luck!

:passitleft:

I noticed the same thing about the overlapping leaves on a few occasions over my grows. The perspiration is a potential site for pathogens or fungi to take hold. Air movement is definitely necessary. Just a cool plant thing.

:lot-o-toke:

I have resisted this journal from the moment I saw it. NateDogg. Love Nate D oh Double G. Didn't want to follow a bunch of new journals and overextend the ol' Duders capacity to follow along.

But damn it I have room for NateDogg! One more strand in Duders head. Lotta ins. lotta outs. You have some nice plants and good strains going. Good luck!

:passitleft:

I noticed the same thing about the overlapping leaves on a few occasions over my grows. The perspiration is a potential site for pathogens or fungi to take hold. Air movement is definitely necessary. Just a cool plant thing.

:lot-o-toke:
I am always slightly stressed growing this plant but also equally fascinated. I really appreciate you following along and feel free to call me out if you see something wrong.

I am always slightly stressed growing this plant but also equally fascinated. I really appreciate you following along and feel free to call me out if you see something wrong.
I haven't earned the ability to call anyone out on anything. I am still stumbling through grows. BUT. There are people already here that can help lol. Im here for moral support.

Unless the answer is calmag

I haven't earned the ability to call anyone out on anything. I am still stumbling through grows. BUT. There are people already here that can help lol. Im here for moral support.

Unless the answer is calmag
Calmag does work miracles! Especially with LED lighting. Lol

Yesterday I noticed drooping leaves on 1 plant. Today it looks like calcium deficiency. I have done a ton of research....like usual but I am going to with old my opinions or thoughts
Nate you should put your plants on something so they can breath from the bottom better and that might help your spotting issue by allowing your soil to dry faster.I use old soda bottle caps and gatorade caps for plant risers so air can flow.
Done and very good point!

Today 1 plant has drooping/curling leaves and little brown speckles that look like calcium deficiency. I was told by a more knowledgeable grower this...and I quote:

"I would bet your problem lies with the pH which was messing with the uptake of nitrogen and adding recharge multiplies the beneficial bacteria which will return soils pH and aid in uptake. The excess nitrogen in the soil was likely taken up quickly once the soil was recharged. "

Now I'm nö expert but that sounds believable to me. I also discovered some other flaws in my setup since changing to LED. As Beantown mentioned above, my soil wasn't drying up quick enough and I put some spacers under the pots to allow air to the under side. Another grower mentioned my temps could be higher during lights on when growing with LED and mentioned that would help dry the medium out quicker thus ultimately getting more water and nutrients into the plants. I'm not sure how true all of that is but I know I can safely raise my temps regardless with the co2 generators in the tent. It's always something I tell you. Growing is relaxing and stressful at the same time.
20200121_091644.jpg

Today 1 plant has drooping/curling leaves and little brown speckles that look like calcium deficiency. I was told by a more knowledgeable grower this...and I quote:

"I would bet your problem lies with the pH which was messing with the uptake of nitrogen and adding recharge multiplies the beneficial bacteria which will return soils pH and aid in uptake. The excess nitrogen in the soil was likely taken up quickly once the soil was recharged. "

Now I'm nö expert but that sounds believable to me. I also discovered some other flaws in my setup since changing to LED. As Beantown mentioned above, my soil wasn't drying up quick enough and I put some spacers under the pots to allow air to the under side. Another grower mentioned my temps could be higher during lights on when growing with LED and mentioned that would help dry the medium out quicker thus ultimately getting more water and nutrients into the plants. I'm not sure how true all of that is but I know I can safely raise my temps regardless with the co2 generators in the tent. It's always something I tell you. Growing is relaxing and stressful at the same time.
20200121_091644.jpg
:meditate:

The drooping on the Gelato plant seems to have subsided and the soil has finally dried out. I put some small plastic cups under the fabric pots to raise them up. Hopefully this will help speed up the dry time.
15797923617011869454836.jpg
I also had a feeling that my intake fan was blowing too much frigid air at my plants so I installed a 4" to 6" duct reducer on my intake and then duct taped the top of a plastic pitcher to the 6" end which stops the air from blowing at the plants and redirects it straight up and also strait at the floor. The non-insulated intake duct brings frigid outside air through a filter and roughly 5 feet through my 70 degree heated bedroom so the air has some opportunity to warm up before entering the tent. I know it's a little ghetto looking but it is effective and I have plenty of space.
1579792517956-2049562485.jpg

Raising my temps seems to have had a positive impact. When I was running temps from 73-78 I had to run the humidifier on full blast to keep the RH up over 50% RH. I have since introduced Green Pad Co2 generators into the tent and raised my temps into the 80's. The exhaust fan barely runs now during lights on thus keeping my C02 in the tent and saving a little power. The plants seem happy.
20200123_094204.jpg

I was checking out one the knuckles I created by super cropping and I actually split the stem right at the Y where I first topped it! I taped her up with masking tape and she doesn't seem to be too concerned so I guess I won't either. Lol
20200123_093942.jpg

I am seeing my monster cropped clone is starting produce normal leaves again after throwing 1 leafers for some time. There are frosty calyx's with pistils poking out. It has been kept under a solid 18/6 light schedule for 2 months. I'm not sure what's going on or what is going to happen but I am excited to find out. I thought I even saw a banana down there but it can't be!
FB_IMG_1579802471925.jpg
FB_IMG_1579802481788.jpg

Today the pots were finally dried out so I watered with nutrient solution...(of coursed ph'd). I got my soil PH and DTS meters today so I confirmed my soil PH was normal. Now I am new to DTS meters but the DTS of my nutrient solution going in was 800PPM and the DTS of my runoff was at 2500 PPM. The PH of my run off was very low. I am not sure how to interpret this information but I have a feeling I need to flush ASAP. The plants are growing well anyways. I would appreciate any input here! :lot-o-toke:

Well the feeding couldn't have hurt anything. The plants look healthy and are growing like... well.... weeds!! I am seeing some brown and rusty spotting on some older fan leaves but nothin too prevalent. I had to raise the Purple Kush's up closer to the light to speed things up a little. The Gelato clones are greening up nice. This tent will be flipped to flower by the 1st of February. At that time, clones will go into the 18"x36"x60" veg tent until their fate is decided. Some will become mothers for the spring season and others I may consider selling or gifting to friends.

Thanks very much to the folks who follow along. :yummy::passitleft:
20200126_140953.jpg

All righty then!! The ladies are 4 days in to the 12-12 flip. Thanks to Beantownfan420, I've got my feeding schedule sorted out and we're feeding FF trio as per chart. Performed a pre-stretch pruning and we are off and running. The two Purple Kush's are under vegged but I had no choice but to flower them with the rest. I have adopted a method of raising them to the height of the canopy.

***Side note****
I have been having trouble on and off uploading images but all of the sudden I am reading there is an official issue. I'm not sure what this means for my grow journal but just know the images were intended to accompany this update. I will try again later.

Day 10 of flowering cycle.

These ladies are growing like crazy and showing lots of pre-flowers. The stretch is well under way. All is well!!
20200209_172343.jpg
20200209_172244.jpg

I have taken 3 times this amount off of the under side of these babies since the flip. I have learned to show them that I am in control.
20200210_121244.jpg

I have decided to keep them lollipop'ed due to bad luck I've had with undergrowth and fungus.
20200210_121551.jpg

Can anyone make out the yellow area on the new growth? It looks almost like a mosaic. I have no experience with that so feel free to weigh in if you can see it.
1581358108200-449039929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom