Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - Adjustable 80-420W DIY COB

Re: Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB

Great if i can help out. No problem. Keep asking if anything else comes to your mind, but wait until i got it all dried and cured without any issues before you get jealous :)

I have seen some damp brown leaves on the top colas almost reaching to the stem and i removed every leave that had any brown parts. If i had let her grow another week i bet i'd probably be facing a big problem.

But the H2O2 hopefully killed everything bad if there was any.

I already miss having a living plant in there. When my crop is ready for jars i will put my flowering plant in her 15 Gal pot under the 4000K COBs and reveg her until the outdoor season starts. She is going to be a true pounder for shure when you see what my small mother produced.

Your plants were 800 wet and you got 200 dry right? I guess after trimming i was slightly over 800g wet too

Man dunno what to do with that load of weed. :) gotta read something about long time storing in dirt
Yeah was around 800g wet. 200g dry. But still lost quite a bit after the first 2 weeks of curing. Also realised how airy most of my buds were, therefore upping to a 400w hps and getting rid of the 200w of cfl will hopefully help :D

Make some BHO by the way . invest in a vaporiser pen or a dab rig haha that's if you don't have one already
I have a queen bee bho extractor and my Arizer Extreme Q (big supply box incl the Water Filter, looks like a dab bong, 10 balloons, several screens, mouth pieces, whips, potpourri adapter for room scents, an aluminum grinder, ect) arrives on the 18th. .

But i dont like the butane routine (someone blew away his hands in europe in february) and i will try out rick simpson oil this round. Ordered a gal of 99,9 iso and a digital meat thermometer already so i am ready for kick ass concentrates without any butane involved. But most concentrates are too strong. Lets see how the game changes when i trash my bongs and stick to the Arizer. Maybe i will grab a silicone storing tub for concentrates and get more into that. I could imagine me turning 50g into 5g of some concentrate, but i've read they are degrading pretty quick.

re: Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - Adjustable 80-420W DIY COB

Nope, they are all gone. There was 1 or 2 dead bigger leaves on some of the tops. Most of them crisp and some damp. They all had some resistance when i wanted to pull. i cut them by the stem and dunked the buds in the cleaning solution.

I am curious since it was at the tips could it have been light burn vs some type of mold/fungus nasty.

I had some light bleach on top foliage i believe but this was none. It was not on the tips, but on the sides of the main colas. I think it was the start of rot and i was there in time to keep it off the stems. But i am not shure because my humidity was 30 for weeks. I checked on the buds yesterday and havent seen anything bad. Will do again this evening when i am back from work

The beautiful nugs are hanging for 2 days now. Humidity while fans on dropped to 45. Going to stop the fans until i reach 60 then turn them on till i reach 50.

Incredible. Wow. ..
You mean my harvest? . thanks. Really happy with the results from these cobs. 1 gram per watt is still possible if i can get 190 out of the Nebula i did it, got 45 from the one tiny nebula cut, 65 out of the 3 Atomical Haze i picked week 6 out of 10, dry and deboned of course. :) after all this trouble 1 gpw would be absolutely awesome.

With 6 clones in 2 gal pots or 2 bigger plants in 5 gal lots it would be no problem at all to get the magic number.

Smoked a small blunt with 1g of lower buds yesterday. Had to stop at half... Wow... Nice smoke. It is not going to knock you out during the day... But when i smoke at bedtime i sleep within seconds... Great stuff...great sleep without a noticeable hangover.

Yeah was around 800g wet. 200g dry. But still lost quite a bit after the first 2 weeks of curing. Also realised how airy most of my buds were, therefore upping to a 400w hps and getting rid of the 200w of cfl will hopefully help :D
You should be able to get a decent harvest with a 400W HPS. Any special brand? Single ended bulb?

I guess this should be the same like my cobs at 300W...more then enough for me personally. I spent 80 bucks for electricity this grow (just lights, maybe 110 in total) and my harvest would cost me over 3000 bucks if i had to buy it locally. :) my 500 dollar light already payed for itsself

I would not grow with CFL at all.. Imho its nothing good besides keeping some plants in veg maybe. Dirty bulbs full of crap and low efficiency.

Cant wait to see more n your journal

A possible new setup for next grow. The horizontal upper and lower Os are 6x 15-45W of 4000K from the Clus, the center line is 3x45W of 3500K veros. Center is fixed at 45W other 2 are 0-70W. The 2x P would be the plants under them.

By adding another vero 29 i can lower the wattage on the other chips and crank up my efficiency. The six 4000K in the center of each square foot and the three 3500K between them

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXOXXXXXOXXXXXOXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXOXPXXXOXXXPXOXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXOXXXXXOXXXXXOXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Looks more like a square, but is will be still 2x3

Would be over 70.000 lumen at full blast or 45.000 at 270W.

Gonna buy 5 more from these Alpine 11 heatsinks and build a new frame and rewire everything a littlebit more prolike.

I have a queen bee bho extractor and my Arizer Extreme Q (big supply box incl the Water Filter, looks like a dab bong, 10 balloons, several screens, mouth pieces, whips, potpourri adapter for room scents, an aluminum grinder, ect) arrives on the 18th. .

But i dont like the butane routine (someone blew away his hands in europe in february) and i will try out rick simpson oil this round. Ordered a gal of 99,9 iso and a digital meat thermometer already so i am ready for kick ass concentrates without any butane involved. But most concentrates are too strong. Lets see how the game changes when i trash my bongs and stick to the Arizer. Maybe i will grab a silicone storing tub for concentrates and get more into that. I could imagine me turning 50g into 5g of some concentrate, but i've read they are degrading pretty quick.
I have the smaller brother of the Extreme Q and it's awesome! I prefer BHO and if you take the correct care then making it isn't too dangerous. Outside, with lots of air circulation/wind. Most people don't even know that you're refrigerator creates a spark everytime it's it's kicks back on and BOOOM. Dangerous but the effects of bho for me are awesome through a dab rig or vaporiser.

Phoenix Tears are also awesome, whichever way you go you'll be happy. And will easily find use for all that harvest . .

You should be able to get a decent harvest with a 400W HPS. Any special brand? Single ended bulb?

I guess this should be the same like my cobs at 300W...more then enough for me personally. I spent 80 bucks for electricity this grow (just lights, maybe 110 in total) and my harvest would cost me over 3000 bucks if i had to buy it locally. :) my 500 dollar light already payed for itsself

I would not grow with CFL at all.. Imho its nothing good besides keeping some plants in veg maybe. Dirty bulbs full of crap and low efficiency.

Cant wait to see more n your journal
I'm hoping for a decent harvest :) it will just be a regular bulb, single ended, around 48000 lumens. So we will see. I think the light will be better overall for sure.

I'm just using the cfl bulb for now to get the seedlings started, once they're a little grown up I'll switch on the 250w MH that I used for veg last grow.

Should I just use it now already? Raise the bulb sufficiently to not burn them and scrap the CFL?

COBs I will definitely invest in one day, just want to be settled wherever I will be. With a job and a place to stay and call my own, then the COBs will make an appearance .

I have the smaller brother of the Extreme Q and it's awesome! I prefer BHO and if you take the correct care then making it isn't too dangerous. Outside, with lots of air circulation/wind. Most people don't even know that you're refrigerator creates a spark everytime it's it's kicks back on and BOOOM. Dangerous but the effects of bho for me are awesome through a dab rig or vaporiser.

Phoenix Tears are also awesome, whichever way you go you'll be happy. And will easily find use for all that harvest . .

You prefer BHO over RSO? I have never done the RSO. I think BHO is stronger/purer because butane doesnt solve chlorophyll

Drying day 3

Going smooth so far.

65% humidity at 19C with Fans off over night and 45% with fans running. I just switched to 15min on/15min off this morning for this day.

Hopefully i can turn all fans off most of the day at a constant 50 by tomorrow.

Checked on the stems where i removed the brown leaves, nothing special, just healthy mild green stems, no rot.

My buds from the small one are only 47% in jars, let them open a bit too long yesterday. Drying happened too fast on them in general but they are good the way they are.

Gotta grab some more jars and boveda packs on thuesday go get the big plant cured a lil better.

Preparing for the next strain: Paradise Seeds Opium. Another free seed from my growbuddy. He gives me his last seed of Opium. He will get a handful of clones in return. This lady will prolly be under a single Vero 29 SE C Series dimmable from 0 to 120W. Still 180Lm/W at 120. :)

After he got his clones i will flip to flower in my tiny 1,3x1,3x4 tent and try to get the most out of it. Everything from 50g up will be enough for ensure my smoking for the rest of 2017. 58-63 days estimated by the breeder. 50/50 hybrid

Some of Nebulas nugs drying
420-magazine-mobile1441936859.jpg

Looks good seymore, glad your nebula turned out good smoke. I've made bho and ISO shatter, the bho seems to taste a little cleaner if don right and a lot quicker. The ISO shatter takes me 4 or 5 hours to make. Both are extremely strong, I've made it out of 91% ISO also, just takes little longer to get water out. Good video on YouTube showing step by step using ISO, Nevada med grower, type that in and add ISO shatter to search. Guy has his own YouTube channel . Are you done inside for the year? I broke a limb of white cookies when hanging new light, hung it to dry. It knocked me in dirt, went straight to bed lol. Be good bedtime smoke.

Yeah i pay round 30€/month during flower incl all fans. I dont use AC at all and only use 300 out of 420W of light. In average dueing veg/bloom even less. All fans pull round 150W so add another 10.

On average i've spent 0,45€ on electricity for 1 dry gram if i yield 300g (used 21 days of 18/6 and 75 days of 12/12)

Thanks for your message...i am super happy with everything so far. Most resinous, smelly and dank buds i've ever grown... Even it is the strain with the lowest THC content (by breeders info) so far the lights and climate have produced loads of oils.

I could really use a one hit indica for sleeping aswell but nebula does the job quite good.

How long until you chop down all your plants?

About the RSO i have something in mind how i will do it. Put the iso with the weed in a sealed jar and put it into freezer for a while. Then after shaking and stirring i will put it through a micron filter and cook out the alcohol at the lowest possible temperature using a BBQ/meat thermometer. Just a small batch with 20g of and 250ml of ISO. Should be done within am hour or 2

That's how I do it, freeze your material 1st. I let it soak in alcohol for 10 mins in freezer then sift through micron filter, then use an unbleached coffee filter to strain again before Pyrex dish, and use double boiler method. I also use half gallon mason jars, wide mouth. Real easy process, but easy to burn at the end, just have to keep eye on temps. I do 150 degrees, then up to 175 to 180 for final couple mins, constantly stirring to get alcohol out

Double boiler method? Yeah i the end it can be burned pretty quick. You mean Fahrenheit, right? I thought about max 85C... That should be 185F

Yea, the YouTube vid I mentioned, shows how I do it, real simple. I think I will cut all but 3 at end of the week. Then move plants from veg tent to the vero tent to finish vegging. Then put the remaining flowering plants in the veg tent to finish up. I'm going to veg these until at least 2 ft tall or taller. I have 10ft ceilings in my tent

Back
Top Bottom