Need advice from other growers

pete2

My plants are starting to lean like they are top heavy.They are about 30 days old and look fine to me.Here is what I am guessing it might be.

Ready to start pruning and or topping

Not enough air movement [ I don't have the best,but I do have a fan blowing in and another blowing out. There is also a 4 in fan that is hook up to the light to draw heat out ]

Light not at the right height. [ I have it about 23 in over the plants ]

That's all I have for now, Any and all advice is a appreciated. :thanks::thumb::thanks:
pete_007.JPG
pete_006.JPG
pete_002.JPG

Hey Pete, you don't have anything to worry about! They're just leaning towards the light, to get as much as possible! It shouldn't be an issue, but if you're worried you can turn them 1/4 turn daily.

They do look like they are ready to start training as well. You can top, FIM, or do some HST or LST. Do a little reading on these, unless you've already decided which way to go. Maybe try a little bit of each to see what you like!

Hey Pete, you don't have anything to worry about! They're just leaning towards the light, to get as much as possible! It shouldn't be an issue, but if you're worried you can turn them 1/4 turn daily.

They do look like they are ready to start training as well. You can top, FIM, or do some HST or LST. Do a little reading on these, unless you've already decided which way to go. Maybe try a little bit of each to see what you like!

Agreed with jojo. It looks like they are leaning towards the light. Logistically, it's not the best to a have lopsided plant, due to a possible increase in staking/trellising measures that might be necessary. As jojo mentioned, topping or training would help alot in evening them out.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not real sure what FIM or HST or LST means. I'm pretty new to this would you mind explaining that to me a little bit so I can look it up and read about it?:thanks::thumb::thanks:

Don't cut the larger leaves off Pete. Lst refers to low stress training and means thing the branches apart to shape the plant into a form more desirable for budding indoors. Hst is high stress training. Fim is a form of topping. Google these terms or search in 420 and you'll find good tutorials.

... Should I start cutting the larger leaves off ...

That is a matter of choice, different grow styles call for different methods; I'd suggest not cutting the larger leaves in favor of just getting the grow under your belt with as few variables as possible so if a problem pops up you have fewer things to look at as the cause.

If I were to suggest any cutting it would be to cut the very top off and nothing else. This is called topping, it prompts the plant to branch out.

FIM (Fuck I Missed) is cutting just the top budding part, but not all of it.
LST (Low Stress Training) is bending the plants branches without causing a break or crimp of the stalks.
HST (High Stress Training) is bending the branches to the point where they crimp.

As for the bending you are seeing (reaching for the light), rotate the plants a quarter turn a day if you wish to minimize the lean and have a tall plant.

DRM Ranch

Don't cut the larger leaves off Pete. Lst refers to low stress training and means thing the branches apart to shape the plant into a form more desirable for budding indoors. Hst is high stress training. Fim is a form of topping. Google these terms or search in 420 and you'll find good tutorials.

Not sure what I am going to do right now. In old school I use to trim the fan leaves,but so many things have changed since then I feel like this is my first grow. That's why I consider my self a newbi.This first grow I know is an experiment,so I might try a few different things on separate plants.Not sure yet.Thanks for the advice I will be posting my progress on this forum:thanks::thumb::thanks:

thank You for the advice.This first grow is an experiment.In old school I always cut the leaves off, But so many things have changed since then this is why I consider myself a newbi to all of it.I might try a couple of things on different plants to see what they might do.Not sure yet.Thanks for all the good advice.I will be posting on this forum my progress to let every one know what I'm going to do.Hope to hear from you again.

Yeah, experiment around. I remove some fan leaves at times, mostly after they are done stretching about 3 weeks into flowering. There are reasons to do it at times but I only do it if I have to for some reason. If someone asks should they 'cut the leaves off' - I would always say -'No!'

Yeah, experiment around. I remove some fan leaves at times, mostly after they are done stretching about 3 weeks into flowering. There are reasons to do it at times but I only do it if I have to for some reason. If someone asks should they 'cut the leaves off' - I would always say -'No!'

I really do appreciate your advice.I plan on treating one old school and the rest of them I'm using your advice.I topped one but not other 2. When I started this I had one to die.I germinated another one and planted it about 10 days later then the rest of them.so that one will be shorter than the rest. I have one that is growing kinda slow so I haven't done anything to that one.Not sure why it's shorter than the other 2.Not sure when I should top it.Well that it for now. Hope to be hearing from you again.I am going to need some advice before this is over with:thanks::thumb::thanks::thumb::thanks:

I do appreciate your advice.What I decided to do is do 1 old school and the rest the way u and weaselcracker have advised me to do.Thanks for the input and I hope to hear from you again.I'm sure I will have other questions. Again Thank-You

Back
Top Bottom