Need help can’t tell if under or over water NL

Well I just passed the 3 week mark of the flip. Looks like the plant has stoped stretching and is now starting to focus on the buds as they have noticeably gotten bigger. Can’t wait to see her really start getting bigger buds. She got fed last night. I think I’m on day 24 of flower

C350EEFE-D137-4519-B7E6-421886B2DAE1.jpeg

E78C4D85-F6D2-45B0-BD51-3074D51A70D5.jpeg

9F8E146B-64B4-483C-A5FB-B1023BB87C27.jpeg

910B556C-23B6-4DC2-85BC-A48BCE858418.jpeg

@Emilya or anyone else who has been following my journey. quick question for you I just plucked a couple of older growth fan leaves off that look like this should I be alarmed or is that ok since it was older growth thanks. I’ll have more pics of the plant in my grow journal update today

0B0DABAA-3E11-4FCF-B471-BC18D6C3983B.jpeg

That leaf is your canary in the coal mine, telling you that something is lacking. Since it is starting from the bottom and moving up, we know that it is a mobile nutrient deficiency, and this means one of the three macronutrients is deficient. Have you gone back to feeding light nutrients, even now that you are under such a brighter light? The color of your plants also tells me that maybe she could use some more feed too.

That leaf is your canary in the coal mine, telling you that something is lacking. Since it is starting from the bottom and moving up, we know that it is a mobile nutrient deficiency, and this means one of the three macronutrients is deficient. Have you gone back to feeding light nutrients, even now that you are under such a brighter light? The color of your plants also tells me that maybe she could use some more feed too.
My nute mixture goes as following 1 gallon of spring water with the following nutes every other watering
2 tsp of gRow big
3 tsp of big bloom
3 tsp of tiger bloom
1 tsp of kangaroots
1 tsp of microbe
Ph to 6.3
Maybe I should do feed feed water’? Or maybe it’s a cal mag deficiency? I’ve never really had to deal with deficiency’s before I’ve always over fed and had toxicity issues.

Well... I can tell you are not exactly following the Fox Farm feeding chart for week 3 of bloom... Kangaroots isn't designed to be given in that amount or that frequently at this point in the grow and you are overdoing the microbe and the tiger bloom. You might have also missed the end of veg flush, and that would explain some take up problems if you are having a salt lockout, which is very common in fox farm grows, hence the warnings 3 times in the chart to flush.

You should never feed feed water in soil... sorry, that isn't it. Also, there is really no such thing as a calmag deficiency.. .it is either one or the other usually, and while it is a possibility we are seeing a bit of magnesium deficiency here, it usually would present also in some mid level leaves and not totally take out the color in a lower level leaf, so I think this is pointing to something else.

Here's the FF schedule for soil... I agree, they look hungry.
I would be feeding every watering.
FoxFarm.JPG

You are only supposed to feed twice a week, which is roughly every other watering. I think the nutrition needs not being picked up is due to either a salt lockup because a 3x flush has not been done, or because the extra products being given out of turn and in larger amounts than recommended, are locking out the macronutrients to some extent. The most likely culprit in my mind is the need to clear that soil of the leftover veg nutes and salts, and this is blocking the bloom nutes from being as available as they should. If you follow the Fox Farm instructions to the letter, there should not be any deficiencies or lockouts.

You are only supposed to feed twice a week, which is roughly every other watering. I think the nutrition needs not being picked up is due to either a salt lockup because a 3x flush has not been done, or because the extra products being given out of turn and in larger amounts than recommended, are locking out the macronutrients to some extent. The most likely culprit in my mind is the need to clear that soil of the leftover veg nutes and salts, and this is blocking the bloom nutes from being as available as they should. If you follow the Fox Farm instructions to the letter, there should not be any deficiencies or lockouts.
Thankyou I didn’t think it would hurt the plant to add the kangaroots and microbe into every nute feeding. Do you think I should do the sledgehammer flush next watering? Then continue the reccomended feed chart and schedule?

Thankyou I didn’t think it would hurt the plant to add the kangaroots and microbe into every nute feeding. Do you think I should do the sledgehammer flush next watering? Then continue the reccomended feed chart and schedule?
Absolutely... do the flush on the next water watering and schedule that next one when it comes due... especially don't forget the last one 2 weeks from the end. And then always, follow the exact schedule... don't add stuff because it sounds like a good idea... the scientists who gave you that feeding chart know what they are doing, so trust them.

Reduce your pH one more point down to 6.3 on all of your fluids too. FoxFarm needs that lower end or you WILL get some accumulated deficiencies near the end.

Absolutely... do the flush on the next water watering and schedule that next one when it comes due... especially don't forget the last one 2 weeks from the end. And then always, follow the exact schedule... don't add stuff because it sounds like a good idea... the scientists who gave you that feeding chart know what they are doing, so trust them.

Reduce your pH one more point down to 6.3 on all of your fluids too. FoxFarm needs that lower end or you WILL get some accumulated deficiencies near the end.
Thankyou for the info I’ll run out to my local store today and pick up the sledgehammer

One more question since I’ve read so many different ways. When you flush should I run 15 gallons of water through since my pot is 5 gallons?

One more question since I’ve read so many different ways. When you flush should I run 15 gallons of water through since my pot is 5 gallons?
Normally, yes... but using the Sledgehammer product mixed with your flush water, you can get by with less than that. Read your instructions on how to best use that product.

Going to do the sledgehammer flush tonight hopefully. There is still a little weight left in my pot so she isn’t completly dry yet but hopefully tonight she will be ready.

8FBF6894-80DE-41FC-A353-C5162D43D995.jpeg

7382D86F-7AEC-40C5-A93E-0C21620D51DA.jpeg

you are doing well... that lift shows me that you are indeed waiting till the containers are getting dry... Great work! So having read the instructions for the Sledgehammer, how much water are you going to need to treat and send through each container?
I’m actually getting ready now to go pick up the sledgehammer in a little bit. From what I’ve read it’s 2 tea spoons per gallon and what I’ve read from other people who have done it is that they just run one gallon through the pot then follow it up with a gallon of regular ph water.

Also have read that some people just mix 2 tea spoons into a gallon and only use just that one gallon until it dries up and needs a feed. But I’m leaning more towards one gallon with sledgehammer then use plain ph gallons until I reach run off ppm of what my ppm is of the gallons of water I am using if that makes sense

I’m actually getting ready now to go pick up the sledgehammer in a little bit. From what I’ve read it’s 2 tea spoons per gallon and what I’ve read from other people who have done it is that they just run one gallon through the pot then follow it up with a gallon of regular ph water.
please dont go by what you have read from other people.... even me. Read the instructions and do exactly what they say to do.

I’ll let you know how I make out of course my local store didn’t have just one bottle of sledge hammer so wound up having to buy a a kit that has every fox farm nutrient in it that hurt my wallet lol

Directions just say add 2 tea spoons to a gallon and nothing else about following up with additional watering and to use it every 3-4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom