Need help! Some wrong with my plant: Can you spot it?

xXMidasXx

So as my opener states my plant is in some rough shape, every morning I go in, switch the light on and my plant is hanging there looking sad and I seriously cannot for the life of me figure it out. I've posted on this same plant about a week ago and still never got any answers that solved the problem or explained why !y leaves were twisting almost like a corkscrew.

The corkscrew leaves I read COULD be from excellerated growth but how can I be sure when it looks like it's unhappy? So again visual sign corkscrewed leaves, leaf is dry-ish (how do you know what a leaf is suppose to feel like in terms of moisture vs. dry?) When I take it out of the room and look t it in normal light it is fairly green as you can see in the picture. No tip burn, or hooked tips. No discolouration. So again! I'm left to believe it is something going on in the soil.

I'm using a soilless mix, fert I have on hand is green planet A/B formula, Cal/mag by GH, and some pH test kit also from GH.

Im using a 1200w led I have a blower fan pushing cool fresh air into the room and a fan. Plus there are fans in the LED light itself. It's light cycle is 18-6 (on/off) I usually water once a week as the soil really didn't seem dry enough to have me think I needed to.

The plant was started from seed January 1, 2019. My pH is around 6.6-6.7 going in and running a TDS of 250. My nutrient chart was distilled/spring water (bottled) for the first two weeks, after that I began giving it Cal/mag and then veg formula at about quarter strength. I feed twice, then flush every third watering to remove any salts. I was giving it 3-4 cups of water at first but because I thought it could be overwatering I started bring it down to 1-2 cups every 2-3 days. Now I touch the leaf and it kind of makes a crispy leaf sound (not actually gripping the leaf or damaging it) so now I'm wondering if I'm underwatering?

It might help to know this is a blueberry indica, I read bout the strain and found out that it's a outdoor strain. Wondering if this could be a thing that I'm growing indoors (the seed was started indoor).

I'm wondering if it could be my light maybe being too strong? I switched it from a t5 four strip two foot that put out 10,000 lumes.to a 1200w led. I just transplanted it about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have bigger pots but when I look through the drain holes I see no roots poking out the bottom to tell me it's root bound in any way?

This is about all the info I can provide. I just want to fix her and grow but it's jusst seemingly impossible to get it to smile and be happy ive seem her in praising position once throughout this grow. So getting worried.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

(PS the picture showing a smaller plant was the same plant as the other pics about a week ago.)

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_132106.jpg
    IMG_20190205_132106.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20190205_132058.jpg
    IMG_20190205_132058.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190205_132051.jpg
    IMG_20190205_132051.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20190205_132043.jpg
    IMG_20190205_132043.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20190205_132029.jpg
    IMG_20190205_132029.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20190122_162245.jpg
    IMG_20190122_162245.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 83
I don't think so, just soil that has no nutrient properties. It looks like soil with perlite in it. Got it at the hydroponic shop. Lol I don't know what else to say about it.

It's soiless. Not sure about the name of it anymore. All I know specifically about it now is that I got it at a hydroponic shop, it's soil less potting mix meaning it can be mixed with other dry potting mixes. It has no nutrient value at all, that I purchased a 1/4 of a bale. And that I used it the same way with same nutrients just not as specific (down to the measurements) when I grew out doors last summer although we had some crap weather in two months I popped this out.
View media item 1631566
View media item 1631569
View media item 1631568
So not to get crazy technical about the exact name and if the soil less mix that has no nutrients had nutrients it would be unlikely at this stage of being in that pot (2.5 weeks) that if any at all nutrient were present before they would have more then likely been used up or drained out at this point.

You know what I'm saying? I've gotten from the same shop years ago before I got raided. It's the same operation, same set up the guys never changed. Lol but where are you going with your answer? I'm curious you go on about soil less what is the response? Cause I do suspect maybe the soil or nutrient values are either too high or too low or that maybe after two weeks it somehow grew into the pot. All I know is I never had these problems with clones and seeds until I bought from an online supplier.

It looks like over watering, maybe to many nutrients.
Maybe using a weaker nutrient solution and a little less water will help.
Are there holes in the bottom of that pot?

Cannabis roots like to breath.
Try transplanting it to a 3-5 gallon soft pot. Just add more substrate and tuck it in.
It should just come right out of the orange pot. Just squeeze the sizes a bit.
Vivosun makes the best soft pots IMO.

Outdoor, indoor, if its a photo-period plant it will bounce back.:cool:
Auto-flowering plants can be stunted when stressed.

See that's the thing I can't figure out is how much to give it I'm down to a cup of water every two or three days. Lol I actually just got a 5 pack of vivosun 3g smart pots but as I said I just transplanted it into that pot.

Yes, the pot has drainage holes as seen in the picture. (Pretty big holes if you ask me).

And as of yesterday I had this idea that maybe it was dry on top and had some stuff in the bottom that didn't drain out.but it doesn't feel all that heavy. But anyways I had this idea that I could take my fan and set the pot on top of it and the fan would force air into the bottom of the pot. And thus the soil. Don't know if it was a good idea. Sounded like a strategy worth trying.

It does look like too much water is at least one of your problems - even with the large drain holes,it's possible to keep the medium too wet .
Fill an identical pot with your (dry) growing medium and weigh it.

When the pots you're growing in get close to that weight,they need a little water.

You should really follow @nivek's link to @Emilya's watering tutorial,lots of experience there,all good info.

There is no light burn or anything, could the lights be drying the leaves out? Could that cause them to droop? Like I know I'm still figuring out a watering schedule but I don't think I had over watered. The medium might look somewhat wet in those pics cause I took then today when I felt the medium was dry up to my first knuckle. (Very little stuck to my finger). So I added 1-1/2 cup of water with about half strength nutrients. But I think I am going to fill a pot with the soil less just to get a good idea of weight. I'm mainly wondering if there were any other reasons a plant would otherwise look perfectly healthy, nice green, new growth, the whole deal but just seems to want to grow these weird spindily leaves and droop all the time? Mainly to narrow down everything. And the light thing is also something I was thinking about but she is over a month old now, you don't think that it would be ready for a 1200w?

Not to be critical like the ass wipes on Strainly! Sounds like to much water and maybe your light could be to close. Lighting that is to close can cause stunted growth. Not an expert like some of the pseudo experts on Strainly.

Hi folks, and thanks for the call Sctanley007!
Midas, I see exactly what the problem is here and I know how to fix it. Several of the earlier responders were correct, and the problem is related to your watering.
You are making a common mistake. You are trying to think for your plant. You seem to think that you know how much water the container needs, and you have chosen to give your plant exactly 1 1/2 cups of water/nutes. Where did this number come from?
Here is what happens when you fail to saturate the medium:
When you water with less than what the soil can hold, gravity does its thing and quickly drops the water down to the bottom of the container. The top set of roots in the first few inches quickly dry out.
So you come along in a couple of days and stick your finger in the top and determine it to be dry. Lifting the container you feel some water weight still in the bottom, so you decide not to overwater, and you again give a certain humanly determined amount of water, not saturating the medium to runoff, and call it good.
Gravity again takes over, the top quickly dries out again and the table rises to mid level or so, never drying out the bottom.
You are underwatering.
Because of the nature of your underwatering, the lower roots have not seen oxygen for a long long time. Weeds put themselves into survival mode when the roots get in trouble like this, and a protective layer is grown onto those lower roots so as to survive the flood. This drastically restricts the ability of these lower roots to uptake water and the proper water pressure can never develop in the xylem (the trunk) and this results in a constant unhappy droop that you have been seeing for some time and the only thing keeping this plant going at the moment is the periodic nutrients that can come in thru the upper roots the day that you water.
Fix the biggest problem first. Those bottom roots need to see oxygen before they shed the protection. Use the lift method, and don't water again until you can feel no water weight at all. You will think that you are killing the plants, but they will mysteriously look happier and happier the dryer those roots get. Your finger will miss the feel of that damp soil at the top, but resist this urge to check the moisture up there, and if you feel you must, stick it instead in one of the drainage holes in the bottom. The lift method works better though. :)
When you have determined that the container is finally dry at the bottom, water very slowly and throw away your measuring cup. Treat the soil like a sponge, and slowly water to see how much water you can get it to hold until it starts running out of the bottom. It will be a lot more than a cup and a half. After you have watered it like this, come back in an hour and slowly water again, making absolutely certain that you have again filled up that soil.
Now you have defeated gravity. Until the plant manages to suck up that water, the top will remain wet and full of nutrients. The bottom roots will start feeding lots of water into the plant from the bottom and you will see all the leaves rise up to greet the light. Let the plant do its thing until it can empty that water back out of there, and it will take many days to do this at first... but here is the magic... the more times you can complete this wet/dry cycle, the stronger and more numerous your roots get. They will grow so fast with this method that soon your plant will be able to drain that container in record time, and each time it will be faster. When the plant can drain the water in a day or two, it is time to think about up potting, so you can repeat this process, growing stronger and more numerous roots so that you can go into flower with the strongest plant you can.
Good luck! You can fix this... but it is going to take a complete rethink of this watering thing.

Underwatering?...well,I've been schooled-thank you @Emilya !

The day I sat and read Emilya’s post on watering how I grow changed. Sounds over the top but it’s true. I will sometimes pick the pot up and think it’s light, put it down and come back a bit later and pick it up again to realize the pot is actually pretty heavy.

Fight the urge to have to do something. Sometimes the plants need nothing. Sit and simply enjoy them.

Also when I water I listen to the water sink into the soil. Listen to the crackling...that oxygen being pulled into the roots...bubbles popping.

At least that’s what I tell myself.

Wait so am I underwatering or over watering?

I will do as you say you seem to be reputable and dry the medium out completely? This won't dry out the roots? That was my fear in doing that and I hadn't always been giving it 1-1/2 cups each time, once I planted that plant in the pot you see it in I watered until I got runoff usually within the 10-20% range. At first it loved it, I had a praise positioning in terms of leaf stance, and looked healthy then after about 7 days the top soil seemed dry up to first knuckle, so I watered it again with the same amount 4-5 cups. Same runoff about 10-20%. Then a couple days later the leaves would droop than even out. I assumed right away "uh oh, I gave it too much water" so I left it till it was dry at the top (so I get that you say it could be water in the bottom, but I literally sit there and watch the pot drain until it barely drips out anymore.) So to continue, I waited until it was drier then before until it was almost weighles again. At this point (which was about 4 waterings ago) I started trying to tapper down in the amount of water to find out exactly how much the plant is taking in. Because if I'm overwatering at 4 cups then the solution I could figure was to give the plant less water. So to give an nswer as to why I'm at a cup this watering that is the reason. The last watering before today was 2-3 days ago and I gave it 3 cups.

Just trying to add as much info. But you're saying I can let the pot dry out completely and the plant won't die?

My temp is at 64-68f and at 38%-42% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom