Need your advice guys

Donald 90210

I have 3 gilrls in the same age, week 5 of flowering, growing in a pot outside...
I feed them in biobizz grow and bloom, at the recommended ratio.
They look pretty good in my amteure eye (my second try). They get something like 10 hours of light and direct sun these days as the days getting shorter and shorter (living in the Middle East).
The problem is that I am traveling to Thailand on the 2/10. That means I have 19 more days until I harvesting (unfortunately I will have to harvest in any case).
My questions are:
1) do you think my babies will be ready for harvesting by then? (There are some
Pictures from this morning).
2) I travel for 3 weeks. Are there any way to slow dry the buds that I will come back and won't see over-dry weed or weed with mold? (Although I have a friend that can dry them for me).
3) 2 of the smaller girls have a lot of whiteflys on them, although they look pretty good despite of this. Do I need to worry or its ok because of the harvest coming soon?
Thank you so much for the wonderful knowledge sharing.
image17216.jpeg
image17165.jpeg
image17168.jpeg
image706.png
image17169.jpeg

image17215.jpeg

Well we need to wait and see..
can your friend come and water them? and does he/she have knowledge of trichomes? So they can be harvested in case?

White flies= not good..
you need either SNS, neem oil or some bug spray organic or not good for pests
Truth is.. baad timing...

You could harvest now but it would half your yield and your smoke would be a misty half hour head high. I'd say grow it out for a week more give them their last flush asap and hang them out to dry counting your losses. How long have they been in bloom btw?

Jimdogggy

Doesn't look like it will be ready in 19 days. :(

Hey Jim.
The thing is I have someone to dry'em up for me so I have 19 more days that means almost 3 more weeks to go...
I'm at 5.5 weeks since the start of the flowering and the pistils are something like 15% brown already

Hey Jim.
The thing is I have someone to dry'em up for me so I have 19 more days that means almost 3 more weeks to go...
I'm at 5.5 weeks since the start of the flowering and the pistils are something like 15% brown already
If you can trust your person to dry then for sure give it the full 19 days. Well give it 15 then flush for two days, remember to give the plant a couple days after the flush as well so that it can dry out a little before being pulled. I think you're on track tho, you will lose some weight but you will still get something decent. I love outdoor plants they are wonderful

Jimdogggy

OK re cap.. :circle-of-love:
he has to leave the 2nd of October.. he will be gone for 3 weeks...
his choices:
1. leave them until he comes back
or
2. harvest around end of month 1st October...
That is why I say harvest end of month.. I don't think they will be that bad. Am I wrong?

Jim you answered just as I pressed post :)

OK re cap.. :circle-of-love:
he has to leave the 2nd of October.. he will be gone for 3 weeks...
his choices:
1. leave them until he comes back
or
2. harvest around end of month 1st October...
That is why I say harvest end of month.. I don't think they will be that bad. Am I wrong?

Jim you answered just as I pressed post :)
I think cut after the flush like I said. Ask the plants what they want? You own them, you will have a connection with them, ask them? You will soon lean towards either keeping or cutting and that will be your answer!

Jimdogggy

Thanks for the detailed answer... I just throw some seeds from weed I smoked few month ago. Didn't really prepared for all of that good :)
I guess that 85% of a success will satisfy me more then enough :thumb:

Thanks for the detailed answer... I just throw some seeds from weed I smoked few month ago. Didn't really prepared for all of that good :)
I guess that 85% of a success will satisfy me more then enough :thumb:
You've done bloody well for random bagseed, a bit of topping and nutes and you would have tripled the size of this plant! You've definitely got the green thumb my friend

Jimdogggy

I'd be inclined to harvest when you get back, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Brown pistils don't mean much of anything. It is the trichomes you need to focus on. Once the pistils stop growing and sort of recede into the flowers and the trichomes are the color you want (milky and/or amber), then chop.

Ok guys I have some news...
The buds keep swelling and More of the pistils are turning brown.
I also think there are some amber trycoms by now.
I even tasted one of the lower buds today and it was pretty potent (something like 60%).
With a little more then two weeks to go until the forced harvest.
I will try to upload some pics tomorrow.

I have a new question for now:
So I will be abroad for three weeks after the harvest,
But Is there any chance to dry the buds without taking care of them for 3 weeks or it is too risky?
I thought it can over-dry them if I hang them like The tradition way.
But how about placing them in a big box in a dark room with the lid covering only half of the box?
Can this work?
Have some other ideas??
Will love to hear your opinion.
Anyway I can give it to a friend that will dry them but I rather doing it myself.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom