New Grower - Do I have a Hermaphrodite?

monkeyevolved

Hello everyone!

So this is my first time growing and for a while it seemed everything was going great, but I'm not so sure about one of my plants. I have started with two auto flower nyc diesels in a small grow space and there are at about week 8 from seed.

The only difference is that one of the plants is long and lanky and the other bushy with nice thicker buds forming.

With the lanky plant , there are pistols but they are much more sparse than the other one and Im not sure if it's growing sacs or not, so I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on what they think based on some pictures I'll post.

After some searching I noticed that the lanky one looked like and could be a hermaphrodite...I just have no idea, or perhaps it's just skinny? I'm just confused as to why this happened with both plants being kept in under the exact same amount of light in the same grow space.

Thoughts?

Plant 1: Lanky, sparse pistols (Hermaphrodite?)
Plant 2: Short Bushy nice looking buds.

Plant 1: Lanky, sparse pistols (Hermaphrodite?)

Plant 2: Short Bushy nice looking buds.

NYC Diesel (or Soma Sour Diesel) is a 60% sativa-dominant cross between a Sour Diesel clone and an Afghani/Hawaiian male.

I'm kinda new at this but from what I have read just because they are the same strain the seed not going to always make same exact phenom, so to me the lanky one Sativa dominant and the other one decided to show more Indica dominance as they tend to be shorter and stockier. Males tend to be lankier and spread out, but I thought Hermies more possible due to genetics and/or stresses put on the plant due to problems and not something you can spot until they change. But like I said new to this so maybe I'm way off on that one.

Good point and thoughts thinking the sativa / indica hybrid differences being dominant, that would be great if this is true!

Just scared that the lankiness is due to it showing male traits..I might try to take closer pics in better lightings today to see if it looks any different as I took those a couple of days ago when it was dark out. Because if it is a hermie I believe it's best to get rid of it as soon as possible right? But if not...I'd definitely like to save it

Good point and thoughts thinking the sativa / indica hybrid differences being dominant, that would be great if this is true!

Just scared that the lankiness is due to it showing male traits..I might try to take closer pics in better lightings today to see if it looks any different as I took those a couple of days ago when it was dark out. Because if it is a hermie I believe it's best to get rid of it as soon as possible right? But if not...I'd definitely like to save it

Yeah you don't want it pollinating the other one, well unless you want seeds and less potent smoke for sure. I"d just keep a close eye on it, but then I"m new to this so I"m super paranoid about screwing up too so I'm kinda OCD with my babies LOL

Yeah you don't want it pollinating the other one, well unless you want seeds and less potent smoke for sure. I"d just keep a close eye on it, but then I"m new to this so I"m super paranoid about screwing up too so I'm kinda OCD with my babies LOL

Exactly! And I'm with you, I'm crazy about making sure everything going good, hence my worries.

I just took a look at your grow journal, nice stuff - I've been using a very similar setup, although i still have a 135W led in a cabinet, and have since added some cfls since I had recently replaced a light fixture.

Curious how long did it take your first batch start to harvest?

Exactly! And I'm with you, I'm crazy about making sure everything going good, hence my worries.

I just took a look at your grow journal, nice stuff - I've been using a very similar setup, although i still have a 135W led in a cabinet, and have since added some cfls since I had recently replaced a light fixture.

Curious how long did it take your first batch start to harvest?

I wasn't real good about writing down when I bought the clones and started, doing that now lol. After putting them into shock I got them out of it and decided to go ahead and flower them bit early. It was sometime in July when I bought the clones, so right around 3 months total (no idea how old clones were, as I'm still learning how to tell by looks) as I harvested 2nd week of October.

I don't think thats a hermie, i see what you may think is a pollen sac/Male flower. But i believe thats a female flower thats having an issue growing properly. The plant itself looks very stretched. Are you keeping your light source a far distance from your plant? This will cause it to grow a long ways vertically to try and absorb more light.

You might find that dropping the light lower, or raising the plant higher will produce a much better looking plant. If the plant is very stressed, or having an issue getting complete darkness.. this could be causing the plant to grow what looks like pollen sacs, as opposed to bud sites turning into female flowers.

If its not a hermie now, it may very well be on its way.

For sure, keep this away from your other one, incase it ends up attempting to pollinate, as said above.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom