New grower here

Welcome to 420, Gardengal! I see you're already getting great feedback on your bug issue. Get used to it. The growers on this site are wonderful! :Rasta:

100% cold pressed neem seed oil. Don't think it really matters who makes it.
It has to be "unrefined" if you plan on mixing it with water to water your plants...I hate spraying anything on my girls :hmmmm: even water :rofl:

Greetings.
I have been missing from these forums for quite a while; recently staggered back in ... somebody left a door open ... see what happens?

I have a couple of decades experience (yea, I'm old), and currently manage a 24 light licensed grow in N. Cali. for the last two years.
I am currently in a pitched battle with aphids. I'm winning, but using a lot of chemicals.
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with lady bugs (or other beneficial bugs) in an indoor grow this size. I know it's too late now ... If I turn out lady bugs in the current environment they'll be dead in an hour from the existing pesticides; but maybe next time (and there always is).
So, how about it. Will beneficial bugs work in large operations?

Greetings.
I have been missing from these forums for quite a while; recently staggered back in ... somebody left a door open ... see what happens?

I have a couple of decades experience (yea, I'm old), and currently manage a 24 light licensed grow in N. Cali. for the last two years.
I am currently in a pitched battle with aphids. I'm winning, but using a lot of chemicals.
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with lady bugs (or other beneficial bugs) in an indoor grow this size. I know it's too late now ... If I turn out lady bugs in the current environment they'll be dead in an hour from the existing pesticides; but maybe next time (and there always is).
So, how about it. Will beneficial bugs work in large operations?
Try this
nematodes.JPG

Thanks Mocha, for the link.
I will check it out closer ...

BUT, it looks like, just looking at the packaging it doesn't work for two of the three most common multi legged pests I deal with routinely. Those are: Spider Mites, Thrips and Aphids.
According to the cursory glance I took at the packaging, it does not address Mites or Aphids.
I'll look closer when I get a minute ... but, thanks.

Welcome to the forum @Gardengal420 :welcome:

Since 2007 :morenutes:

I'm right here brother :ciao: Thank you :passitleft:

Looks like a moth has been eating her leaves :thedoubletake: they secrete a fluid to help break down the organic material, so they can eat it, hence the wrinkly looking leaf tips, and huge chunks taken out of the leaves...
I use an Organic unrefined cold pressed neem oil to mix with my water, 1 tablespoon per gallon with a teaspoon of "Dawn" dish soap...the dawn dish soap is an emulsifier, to help mix oil with water...use this to water plants once a week for 3 weeks...this will keep any and all leaf munchers away from your plants, as well as gnats and white flies...and it is completely organic and will not harm your plants :goodluck:

This is what I was able to find.

Attachments

• 15929486877816701101813362056581.jpg
    15929486877816701101813362056581.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 53
Are you only watering the soil or do you also foliar feed? Either way, I would do it after watering and just before/after lights out, the evaporation of anything wet on leaves underneath lighting (indoors or out) can burn them if it happens to quickly. Don’t ask how I know. Make sure to hit the underside of the leaves and the top of the soil as well.
Thank you! I have noticed less leaves looking ate up since I got the humidity and temp, air circulation where it should be but found this while watering

Attachments

• 15929554674145043095865228026023.jpg
    15929554674145043095865228026023.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 58
Thanks Mocha, for the link.
I will check it out closer ...

BUT, it looks like, just looking at the packaging it doesn't work for two of the three most common multi legged pests I deal with routinely. Those are: Spider Mites, Thrips and Aphids.
According to the cursory glance I took at the packaging, it does not address Mites or Aphids.
I'll look closer when I get a minute ... but, thanks.
I use it all the time inside and out. It will kill anything that lays a larvae style egg, including those that are not listed, such as mites, aphids, and thrips...it's rather expensive to get, and you have to use it almost immediately, but I live on 10 acres with a 5 acre lake, and it kills everything, I don't get bit setting on my deck anymore, no more citronella candles, or flies in my food :rofl:...and the best thing is they will thrive and multiply, as long as there's insects for food :thumb:

Hey y'all! New to the adventures of growing and as well as this site! Hoping to get a lot of knowledge from here as I have had quite the adventure so far, but I've really enjoyed doing this. I started just being a regular cannabis user then got into cannabis infused edibles. One night my fiance brought some seeds home and said let's give it a try. I'm coming into week 7. So thankful for the internet but now I need more help and knowledge. Hoping to find it here. And make some friends along the way.
How long has everyone been growing?
Hi I'm new myself..joined last Monday cuz I found a seedling and so here I am...trying my best to help it along. People here are great and I've learned so much in less than a week!

Back
Top Bottom