New seedlings!

Jhuck

Hey guys , I have six fresh seedling, just showing taproots, after talking to @Buds Buddy , I used to be afraid the roots wouldn't get what they need in a big pot , but he has convinced me starting in a one gallon will be fine. I have five clothe two gallon transplanter pots with Velcro sides that bust wide open when it's time to transplant or check on things, I figured if I filled the two gallon planters halfway I'd be fine? I only have five of them and six seedlings , guess the sixth one is going in clear solo cup inside of a dark one? @Buds Buddy , what do you think? Any else ever half filled a clothe two gallon and started a seedling in it?

Hey guys , I have six fresh seedling, just showing taproots, after talking to @Buds Buddy , I used to be afraid the roots wouldn't get what they need in a big pot , but he has convinced me starting in a one gallon will be fine. I have five clothe two gallon transplanter pots with Velcro sides that bust wide open when it's time to transplant or check on things, I figured if I filled the two gallon planters halfway I'd be fine? I only have five of them and six seedlings , guess the sixth one is going in clear solo cup inside of a dark one? @Buds Buddy , what do you think? Any else ever half filled a clothe two gallon and started a seedling in it?
Fill the grow bag to the top. The plant needs all that room for roots to grow. Also, you will block air flow & light penetration if you only fill the pot 1/2 way. Fill it up & give it a 45 day veg. Up-pot, wait 15 days & start flower. You should easily get 4 oz. or more per plant. With Topping & LST you will get almost double that.

Nfsot thanks, just gonna fold the rim down on them, duh!, Starting with 50 50 organic roots and flowerbed soil with perlite, do the ones showing taproots need to go in now do you think?

IMG_20210724_131040358.jpg

IMG_20210724_115828090.jpg

Nfsot thanks, just gonna fold the rim down on them, duh!, Starting with 50 50 organic roots and flowerbed soil with perlite, do the ones showing taproots need to go in now do you think?

IMG_20210724_131040358.jpg

IMG_20210724_115828090.jpg
@Buds Bunny, the way they are shaped I can fold it over, idk why I didn't already think of it!

Fill the grow bag to the top. The plant needs all that room for roots to grow. Also, you will block air flow & light penetration if you only fill the pot 1/2 way. Fill it up & give it a 45 day veg. Up-pot, wait 15 days & start flower. You should easily get 4 oz. or more per plant. With Topping & LST you will get almost double that.
Yeah I did, just end up rolling it down.

Yeah I did, just end up rolling it down.
You are moving along and getting things figured out and your plants should start to grow nicely before long.

Remember that by rolling the sides down on a two gallon pot you now have a 1 gallon pot with 1 gallon of soil in it. Why not leave the cloth pots set up the way the manufacturer intended them to be used and fill them up the rest of the way with soil. I like that saying you mentioned in one of your other threads when you were talking about transplanting into much larger containers, "...give them the space and they will use it".

@Buds Buddy says in the msg #2 that if the pot is filled up like it should be and if you follow the recommendations on how long to let it stay in the vegetating stage you could get 4 oz, maybe more, per plant. But if the container is only filled up half way there is a good probability that you will only get about half of that and that is if everything goes well.

Also, 2 gallons of soil is more forgiving and recovers quicker on those occasional times when the grower misses watering on schedule.

You are moving along and getting things figured out and your plants should start to grow nicely before long.

Remember that by rolling the sides down on a two gallon pot you now have a 1 gallon pot with 1 gallon of soil in it. Why not leave the cloth pots set up the way the manufacturer intended them to be used and fill them up the rest of the way with soil. I like that saying you mentioned in one of your other threads when you were talking about transplanting into much larger containers, "...give them the space and they will use it".

@Buds Buddy says in the msg #2 that if the pot is filled up like it should be and if you follow the recommendations on how long to let it stay in the vegetating stage you could get 4 oz, maybe more, per plant. But if the container is only filled up half way there is a good probability that you will only get about half of that and that is if everything goes well.

Also, 2 gallons of soil is more forgiving and recovers quicker on those occasional times when the grower misses watering on schedule.
Yes, I just didn't have ones, thought a five would be too much, just as soon as it starts growing , I can unroll it back up and add soil, otherwise I'm afraid they wouldn't break the surface if added soil now , and they are rolled down to the degree that they are filled to the top, or very near it. I cut the extra off of my solo cup too.

Back
Top Bottom