New tent and the heat is worse compared to my older tent

UKgrower320

420 Member
So I bought a new tent today, it's a bud box lite 80x80x160cm

I'm running a 250w HPS and a 300W CFL

I used to run the same lights in a 60x60x140cm tent and the temps would be max 30.5 on a hot day.

Now I've got my clip 6inch clip fan running full speed, I've got a 4inch carbon filter going at its best setting (standard)

I'm wondering what the issue is because I've got autos about to go into flower and I don't want to be having larffy buds or need to switch back to the rubbish smaller tent, cheers.

(I'll do my best to reply, I never normally get the notifications and think it's been ignored til a week later after I log back in)

Do you have an opening down low on the tent to let air in?
Is your thermometer down by the plants,or up by the light?
It almost has to be something simple,the larger tent should at least run
the same temps as your old one,I'd expect it to be a degree or 2 cooler.

Do you have an opening down low on the tent to let air in?
Is your thermometer down by the plants,or up by the light?
It almost has to be something simple,the larger tent should at least run
the same temps as your old one,I'd expect it to be a degree or 2 cooler.

The only tent only two extraction ports and one mesh vent, I have my ducting in the bottom right port, it doesn't have a left port to expand the venting, I also have the top port open as well with the clip fan blowing up.

To answer the thermometer question,my thermometer is above the light, my lights are 8 inches below it (exactly where it would be on my old tent expect a bit lower)

I've been Thinking the same thing for about an hour, I've tried adjusting the lights because I thought them being to close would interfere with the take in.

(I forgot the lights were touching each other in the 60cm as well)

But yeah that's what assumed when it bought it, I thought because of the 20cm difference in L-W-H more air would be able to circulate more.

It's only 11°C in my town right now but the humidity is terrible compared to how it normally is in my country it's an average of 40-50©, it's at 81% outside today, just thought I'd mention that incase that might be an issue

I was going to ask if the temps outside had increased, lol.. 11, I guess not :rofl:
not sure why it's spiked higher in new tent but if canopy temps are in range, no problem..

In my ghetto grow box,the hottest part of the box is above the lights-
it's 90 up there,but 76-79 at the canopy on a 75 degree day.
Try your thermometer down lower and see what you get-you may be fine

The only tent only two extraction ports and one mesh vent, I have my ducting in the bottom right port, it doesn't have a left port to expand the venting, I also have the top port open as well with the clip fan blowing up.

To answer the thermometer question,my thermometer is above the light, my lights are 8 inches below it (exactly where it would be on my old tent expect a bit lower)

I've been Thinking the same thing for about an hour, I've tried adjusting the lights because I thought them being to close would interfere with the take in.

(I forgot the lights were touching each other in the 60cm as well)

But yeah that's what assumed when it bought it, I thought because of the 20cm difference in L-W-H more air would be able to circulate more.

It's only 11°C in my town right now but the humidity is terrible compared to how it normally is in my country it's an average of 40-50©, it's at 81% outside today, just thought I'd mention that incase that might be an issue
If I'm reading this right, you need to use the top port for outgoing air. If you're sucking out the bottom you're pulling all the warm air down to the plants.

In my ghetto grow box,the hottest part of the box is above the lights-
it's 90 up there,but 76-79 at the canopy on a 75 degree day.
Try your thermometer down lower and see what you get-you may be fine

It's dropping temp as I've sat it on the ground, you are an absolute life saver, thank you so much.

(Within 30 seconds it's dropped .7

It's now at 24.7 with just the CFL on alone, I'm going to see what the baseline temp is for the 300W CFL in after 10 minutes and then put on the 250W and see how much it's spikes

I was going to ask if the temps outside had increased, lol.. 11, I guess not :rofl:
not sure why it's spiked higher in new tent but if canopy temps are in range, no problem..

Yeah , On average Scotland is 5°C, this is our "summer" per say and it doesn't get much hotter than 13°C but the humidity gets terrible over here around this time of year

( Just a message to everyone, As I'm typing this the temp has dropped to 23.1°C, so the problem is cured, thank you very much everyone, I'm sorry i never used logic/ common sense to figure it but I've been on withdrawal from pharmaceuticals I've been on for 5 years so my brains a bit scrambled)

That's good..I think you'd get even lower temps with your filter at the top as @PE636 suggested,and the clip-on blowing in at the bottom-I bet you'll drop 5-7f if you do it that way...

**I did the Xanax withdrawal thing a few years back-thought I was gonna die (but I didn't,and you won't)
Keep up the good work, just take it one day at a time...I know it's a bitch!:thumb:

Although bringing in cold air at 11 into canopy could be too cold. I'd leave if in range,can always reverse if gets hotter.. plants prefer warm/hot environment over cold..

That's good..I think you'd get even lower temps with your filter at the top as @PE636 suggested,and the clip-on blowing in at the bottom-I bet you'll drop 5-7f if you do it that way...

**I did the Xanax withdrawal thing a few years back-thought I was gonna die (but I didn't,and you won't)
Keep up the good work, just take it one day at a time...I know it's a bitch!:thumb:

I've just lowered the fan and put the ducting into the top port, hopefully it should lower as we speak, its dropped to 20°C so if I have guessed right I'll have 4-5 degrees wiggle room when everything is running,

I won't lie man, I think benzos are a lot easier to come off than the oxycotin and morphine withdrawals I've had this week (I avoided saying the names because I thought we couldn't mention other substances but context matters I guess in this situation)

But I can't say thank you enough

Although bringing in cold air at 11 into canopy could be too cold. I'd leave if in range,can always reverse if gets hotter.. plants prefer warm/hot environment over cold..

(Sorry if I've picked you up wrong

If it every got that cold in the tent, ive got 2-3 electric heaters sitting in case that situation every happens because in the winter it gets in to the -9°C but in my small 5 years of growing ive never had the tent go below 15°C (even then I bring in a small heater to get up two 18-20°C

They are,but the withdrawal takes 3 effin months....it just gets real old ,feeling that way...

You are Welcome-we're here for ya if you need us...

Yeah I have to agree that's the annoying bit with benzos and even antidepressants in general, ive got PTSD so I've had my fair share of crappy useless pharmaceuticals but anyway man, I won't waste anymore of your day/time before I go down a rabbit hole of my off topic rambling , I hope you have a great rest of your day and stay blazed

You too,man,have a great rest of the day (or night maybe in Scotland)

And don't worry about wasting my time-I'm retired,and that's what my time is for...

Back
Top Bottom