New UK grower

Hiya Gearbox, I'm in the UK also. There's a few of us floating around, this is a great site full of good peeps.
If you're doing hydro,make sure you've got a good ph pen/meter, that's my best advice.
Spent some money on ph n ec meters after advice from a friend. Quite concerned about res temps as I don't have a cooler. Any advice on how to keep them down?

Spent some money on ph n ec meters after advice from a friend. Quite concerned about res temps as I don't have a cooler. Any advice on how to keep them down?
Good advice you got, sounds like you've got a good understanding of what to expect. The heats gonna depend on you're environment, what lights you using? that's the main source of heat, I put reflective black/white sheet over the top of my res in the tent,that can deflect alot of heat. It's obviously worse in the summer, but you can do little things like have pumps outside the tent in cooler air,last resort you can put frozen water bottles in the res.lots of things you can do, but harder in the summer.

Good advice you got, sounds like you've got a good understanding of what to expect. The heats gonna depend on you're environment, what lights you using? that's the main source of heat, I put reflective black/white sheet over the top of my res in the tent,that can deflect alot of heat. It's obviously worse in the summer, but you can do little things like have pumps outside the tent in cooler air,last resort you can put frozen water bottles in the res.lots of things you can do, but harder in the summer.
I'm using 2x 600w hps in a 4 x 4 ft tent. My res n ballast are outside the tent aswell. Got a 6 inch in line exhaust and a 4 inch in on take. Using 3 part jungle juice nutrients voodoo juice big bud b52 n overdrive boosters n cal mag aswell. Using tap water atm but having ro water installed in the next few weeks

I'm using 2x 600w hps in a 4 x 4 ft tent. My res n ballast are outside the tent aswell. Got a 6 inch in line exhaust and a 4 inch in on take. Using 3 part jungle juice nutrients voodoo juice big bud b52 n overdrive boosters n cal mag aswell. Using tap water atm but having ro water installed in the next few weeks
You've got it well worked out.
2 × 600w, that's gonna be hot come summer, I usually put my 600w hps away for the summer, have you got cool tube reflectors and maybe A.C.?

Do u think I should lower watts to 400 for the summer? Never heard of reflector tubes b4 gonna look into them
Depending where your tent/room is, a cool basement is gonna be better, the more cool air you can put through the tent the better,if the air is warm that tent gonna heat up quick even with extraction.
I run my lights through the night, that helps. The cool tubes help further,they can reduce the light intensity a little but reduce heat loads,you attach the tubes to the extractor and it sucks the heat straight off the bulb.

Gearbox,ive just read back and seen the size of the tent you're using, that's gonna be a bit of a squeeze putting all that in there.
I've seen people run just 1 600w in 4×4 with great success, 2 600w might be a bit overkill.
Also a 6 pot system might be a little cramped, I'm not saying it's impossible, just a 4 pot system would get better results,imo.

Gearbox,ive just read back and seen the size of the tent you're using, that's gonna be a bit of a squeeze putting all that in there.
I've seen people run just 1 600w in 4×4 with great success, 2 600w might be a bit overkill.
Also a 6 pot system might be a little cramped, I'm not saying it's impossible, just a 4 pot system would get better results,imo.
I have got room for a bigger tent n will be getting 1 in the future.

Back
Top Bottom