New wave curing and storage

When you eliminate O2 the plant uses(uptakes) nitrogen in place of oxygen (the green, the chlorophyll,) in an anaerobic state. This is the beginning of curing. Introducing O2 slows down or stops the biological curing proccess.
Exactly the opposite, O2 is needed for the biological action, to break down the chlorophyll, sugars, and starches. If you “burp”, you’re exchanging nitrogen that’s built up in the jar from bio action, for O2, that is needed. Plus you’re lowering R/H.

Exactly the opposite, O2 is needed for the biological action, to break down the chlorophyll, sugars, and starches. If you “burp”, you’re exchanging nitrogen that’s built up in the jar from bio action, for O2, that is needed. Plus you’re lowering R/H.
In an anaerobic state the nitrogen takes place of the O2 and causes the breakdown of sugars and starches more effectively and the nitrogen is consumed. Letting air in stops the process….I think the burping the jar noise is from impatient folks jarring their buds too early (wet)

In an anaerobic state the nitrogen takes place of the O2 and causes the breakdown of sugars and starches more effectively and the nitrogen is consumed. Letting air in stops the process….I think the burping the jar noise is from impatient folks jarring their buds too early (wet)
Gonna disagree, nitrogen is released by the biological action, O2 is necessary for the reation.

"After harvest, the plant begins to degrade as enzymes and aerobic bacteria break down excess sugars and starches. Curing cannabis essentially forces the plant to use up those sugars, starches, and excessive nutrients before they've had the chance to dry out and get stuck inside the plant."

"Anaerobic bacteria will completely ruin all of your buds, resulting in a massive waste of time and weed. If you get the smell of ammonia coming from your jars when you open them while curing then this means you have anaerobic bacteria growth."

Gonna disagree, nitrogen is released by the biological action, O2 is necessary for the reation.

"After harvest, the plant begins to degrade as enzymes and aerobic bacteria break down excess sugars and starches. Curing cannabis essentially forces the plant to use up those sugars, starches, and excessive nutrients before they've had the chance to dry out and get stuck inside the plant."

"Anaerobic bacteria will completely ruin all of your buds, resulting in a massive waste of time and weed. If you get the smell of ammonia coming from your jars when you open them while curing then this means you have anaerobic bacteria growth."
Bacteria? Mmmmm Kay

Not what I said. Re read my post. Over drying is for noobs. Burping is for people that think they're ‘curing’ their weed. If you slow dry at 60f/60rf for 14 to 21 days—weed is ready to store long term—jars or grove bags, your choice. No need to let terpin degrading O2 back in. Leave em sealed until you need the weed.
I go until the stem snaps and I get 12% 15% inside bud with this and 60% rh in a dark , drying room about 2/3 weeks hang time I like too trim wet unless I don't have time keeps the tric's on the flowers better then bag no burping burping is when you bag your bud a little damp, Key is patience!

IMG20231119060702.jpg

Anaerobic and is BAD no matter how you look!IMO the bad Bacteria needs moisture w/o air so if there's moisture enough moisture for the bacteria to grow you bagged it to wet!

After comparison of these bags to my jars. Much better flavor and stays a consistent rh level in the flower these bags are worth it I'm gonna give the tote liners a try It was a GREAT harvest this summer even with the high pressure of PM and Boltayritis it was outta control this year 🤨
My neighbors breed the shit! They don't even know what they are looking at when they are out out in the yard watering their FANCY flowers!! That from a distance those plants look like SHIT anyways and they think they are doing good 🤣🤣🤣

As I understand it, even after a slow drying period, you should still burp your jars once you've jarred the buds. This is necessary because gases are produced from the continued breakdown of compounds such as chlorophyll, and possibly ethylene gas, as your herbs ripen. Additionally, water vapor is released as your herbs continue to dry slowly

Back
Top Bottom