New wave curing and storage

seaofgreen18

Hey all I found these bags gonna give em a try. Hopefully no more burping jars. Home | Grove Bags

IMG_20230725_142329.jpg

IMG_20230725_142316.jpg

Like zigzagman said...
You'll probaby be burping for a few weeks unless you're willing to overdry your buds before bagging them.
I fell for the no burping claim and lost a lot to mold in the process, so now I'm way more vigilant about it.
I just burp and give the bags a light shake to avoid clumping until rH stabilizes around 62% then that's that.
But for sure burping a single bag is a lot more conveniant than burping a handful of jars.
They hold moisture fairly well. I've got some stuff from last spring that still doesn't crumble.

Like zigzagman said...
You'll probaby be burping for a few weeks unless you're willing to overdry your buds before bagging them.
I fell for the no burping claim and lost a lot to mold in the process, so now I'm way more vigilant about it.
But for sure burping a single bag is a lot more conveniant than burping a handful of jars.
Cool thanks for letting me know yeah I don't mind drier bud I'd rather have it that way than throw it away due mold but I'm pretty good about that yeah I have to many jars so it'll save Alot of space this way

Like zigzagman said...
Not what I said. Re read my post. Over drying is for noobs. Burping is for people that think they're ‘curing’ their weed. If you slow dry at 60f/60rf for 14 to 21 days—weed is ready to store long term—jars or grove bags, your choice. No need to let terpin degrading O2 back in. Leave em sealed until you need the weed.

Well not everyone can manage to do a 14/21 day dry lmao. I certainly can't.
I hang for up to a week (10 days in the fall),
but it gets dry enough that leaves crumble and stems can almost snap.
Then from there I bag and burp for at least 2 weeks to slowly knock it into the ball park for long term storage.
I was agreeing with the 58-62% percent range. But sure. Let's argue.

Anyway I don't know. There's plenty of ways to do it. Nothing wrong with your way if it works for you.
My biggest challenge is that I don't control the heat where I live and need to hang in a room where other plants are still flowering. A place where maintaining low rH is beneficial. I recently gave low and slow a try and loved it, it extended my dry time by quite a bit but even then I still ended up burping for a while and get things right.

IMO burping isn't for people who think they're curing... You're purposely bringing rH down slowly to improve terpenes and you're replacing air to feed the bacteria that produce enzymes to break down the chlorophyll. Even if terpenes do oxidize that doesnt change the fact air exchange is actually a bit beneficial to the begining of the cure process.

I'm about that for time I go a little longer though like 28 days about a month with 55% humidity buds are pretty thick so I'm in the ball park I haven't had any problems either way. That's the idea why I got those bags less work without degradation longer shelf life and so far the input I'm getting is positive so that's a good thing 👍

IMG_20230612_115914.jpg

IMG_20230609_085012.jpg

Well not everyone can manage to do a 14/21 day dry lmao. I certainly can't.
I hang for up to a week (10 days in the fall),
but it gets dry enough that leaves crumble and stems can almost snap.
Then from there I bag and burp for at least 2 weeks to slowly knock it into the ball park for long term storage.
I was agreeing with the 58-62% percent range. But sure. Let's argue.

Burping isn't for people who think they're curing... You're purposely bringing rH down slowly to improve terpene production and you're replacing air to feed the bacteria that produce enzymes to break down the chlorophil. Even if terpenes do oxidize that doesnt change the fact air is actually a bit beneficial to the begining of the cure process.
You can. You have to be willing to learn and need a can do attitude.

Terpene production occurs while the Plant is growing. Terpene production stops after its cut down.

When you eliminate O2 the plant uses(uptakes) nitrogen in place of oxygen (the green, the chlorophyll,) in an anaerobic state. This is the beginning of curing. Introducing O2 slows down or stops the biological curing proccess.

Ya production was the wrong word to use. But so was retention (either way I edited my post)
Some terpenes are more pronounced at different rH levels, or when you spend longer time at high rH levels.
Also as far as I know not all terpenes oxidize. And there's a mix of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria that contribute to the cure process.

You can. You have to be willing to learn and need a can do attitude.

Terpene production occurs while the Plant is growing. Terpene production stops after its cut down.

When you eliminate O2 the plant uses(uptakes) nitrogen in place of oxygen (the green, the chlorophyll,) in an anaerobic state. This is the beginning of curing. Introducing O2 slows down or stops the biological curing proccess.
I've read that it actually takes awhile for a good cure and I notice it until a certain point then it maintains for awhile then starts to go the other way that's one of the reasons I try not to overproduce when I was a caregiver before it became recreational it went faster than I could cure it sometimes even grow it

I've read that it actually takes awhile for a good cure and I notice it until a certain point then it maintains for awhile then starts to go the other way that's one of the reasons I try not to overproduce when I was a caregiver before it became recreational it went faster than I could cure it sometimes even grow

I got a couple of these humidor hygrometers for under $10 to help quantify & track drying/curing. One of them wasn't accurate but I was able to pop the back off and adjust it. They mount in 2" holes and the back is vented, but you can just toss them in the jar or tub.

hygrometers.jpg
Good idea! Where you get those a cigar dealer? Smoke shop?

I don't know if any of you fish but you DO know why when you go to a tackle store there are so many many lures, right?

They are there to catch the money in the fisherman's wallet; not for fish.

? I don't own any gizmo meters.

I'm about that for time I go a little longer though like 28 days about a month with 55% humidity buds are pretty thick so I'm in the ball park I haven't had any problems either way. That's the idea why I got those bags less work without degradation longer shelf life and so far the input I'm getting is positive so that's a good thing 👍

IMG_20230612_115914.jpg

IMG_20230609_085012.jpg
Nice crown , what strain is that one ?

I got a couple of these humidor hygrometers for under $10 to help quantify & track drying/curing. One of them wasn't accurate but I was able to pop the back off and adjust it. They mount in 2" holes and the back is vented, but you can just toss them in the jar or tub.

hygrometers.jpg
I bought the "Govee Hygrometers". They are wifi /bluetooth digital and will display on a app that you download to your phone. They work way better than the cheapo's that I have been buying off the Zon... I bought six sensors and a wifi gateway.

goveeHygrom.PNG

Back
Top Bottom