Newbie grower

Warren1990

Hey guys, im a new guy starting to produce my own Cannabis and im open to suggestions on how to make this efficient.

As of right now Ive made a grow box out of wood, measurements of 2x2x4.5ft. I lined the enterior with emergency thermal blacket not tin foil. The box has aprox 16q ft, now im only looking to grow 1 autoflower plant at a time. Was gonna grow standard plants however I want to get the basics down first then upgrade-build on my enclosure. Im still waiting on a few parts that I need to aquire such as inline fan with carbon filter another 2ft T5 fixture with 4 2700k bulbs for blooming stage. Few other things I need to complete is to air tight the enclouser. I plan on doing this by cocking the interior along the joints. Minus the bottom vent, to have some airflow.

Now my biggest concern at the moment is smell. I plant on putting a deodorizer by the air intake (Pictures to follow) and utilize carbin filter. I realize at some point there will be a bit of smell but I want to minimize, as I have kids. And of course a wife that will be on my case if she starts noticing the smell hahaha. But what im worried about is where its a small space, is the inline fan going to cause too much disruption and stress my lady out? Im also open to suggestions and curious about what the majority consences are for best autoflower strain. As im torn between what steains to get.
20190120_133752.jpg

Attachments

• 20190120_133759.jpg
    20190120_133759.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190120_133806.jpg
    20190120_133806.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190118_134903.jpg
    20190118_134903.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 40
Here are the links of the ventilation system and lights I will be purchasing.

Ventilation: 4" Vivio home fan and 104 CFM carbon filter

Light system (with 2700k bulbs): Fusion Bright 2ft x2 48W T5 HO Kit - 2 Foot 24W T5 HO - T5 HO Grow Lights
2ftx2.jpg

Welcome to 420, I have some friends here that can help you with the smell.
I'll try and find a few.
Nice grow room.
Are you planning on doing a grow journal?
It helps us to help you.
Anyway, welcome!

Wick
:rollit:

Hey guys, im a new guy starting to produce my own Cannabis and im open to suggestions on how to make this efficient.

As of right now Ive made a grow box out of wood, measurements of 2x2x4.5ft. I lined the enterior with emergency thermal blacket not tin foil. The box has aprox 16q ft, now im only looking to grow 1 autoflower plant at a time. Was gonna grow standard plants however I want to get the basics down first then upgrade-build on my enclosure. Im still waiting on a few parts that I need to aquire such as inline fan with carbon filter another 2ft T5 fixture with 4 2700k bulbs for blooming stage. Few other things I need to complete is to air tight the enclouser. I plan on doing this by cocking the interior along the joints. Minus the bottom vent, to have some airflow.

Now my biggest concern at the moment is smell. I plant on putting a deodorizer by the air intake (Pictures to follow) and utilize carbin filter. I realize at some point there will be a bit of smell but I want to minimize, as I have kids. And of course a wife that will be on my case if she starts noticing the smell hahaha. But what im worried about is where its a small space, is the inline fan going to cause too much disruption and stress my lady out? Im also open to suggestions and curious about what the majority consences are for best autoflower strain. As im torn between what steains to get.
20190120_133752.jpg
I have good luck growing White Widow Auto.
But there's a bunch out there.

@Pennywise would you have time to help this member with hiding the wonderful scent of growing indoors?

I don't care about the scent where I am, so I would be of little value to him.

I would get a 6” exhaust since you’ll be upgrading the space soon and get a 6” can filter. That should keep smell down for 1 or 2 plants easy. White Widow auto would be an easy plant to grow for a first time around.

Ahhh -that smell!
I grow outside,under the bedroom window,and my wife doesn't like the smell (wtf?) So the window has to be closed during the smelly part of the grow.
To me, that smell (or "stink" as my wife calls it) is one of the best things about growing my own -
The finished product being the other best thing...

If I ever do grow indoors, odor control will definitely be a big issue,and it's good to know that any problems I may have can be solved by the expert advice provided by the fine folks on this forum.

Light system (with 2700k bulbs): Fusion Bright 2ft x2 48W T5 HO Kit - 2 Foot 24W T5 HO - T5 HO Grow Lights - Grow Lights[
I would get a 6” exhaust since you’ll be upgrading the space soon and get a 6” can filter. That should keep smell down for 1 or 2 plants easy. White Widow auto would be an easy plant to grow for a first time around.

Thanks Pennywise :popcorn:

Light system (with 2700k bulbs): Fusion Bright 2ft x2 48W T5 HO Kit - 2 Foot 24W T5 HO - T5 HO Grow Lights - Grow Lights[

Light system (with 2700k bulbs): Fusion Bright 2ft x2 48W T5 HO Kit - 2 Foot 24W T5 HO - T5 HO Grow Lights - Grow Lights
Are you dead set on buying the light's above?

Thanks for the responses sorry havent been on awhole lot, busy teaching course atm.

But yes I do plan on upgradings but for the moment im gonna stick woth what I got. Just going to grow one plant at time till I have figured out how to produce nice dense buds. And I totally agree I absolutely LOVE the smell of fresh cannabis. But like I said its more so to displace it for the kids.

But I am curious about the effect of the inline fan disturbing my baby. Either it would be getting to put the fan directly on top of the filter or to have it right outside my intake hole.

Hello Warren 1990! Most likely at some point, you will upgrade your set up, however you should be able to grow some decent buds as you are planning. I have grown many autos with t5's with good buds resulting! However, they do not have the penetration to give great results with photo period plants. Best of luck to you and welcome to the family! :rollit:

BTW, I also could recommend white widow auto as easy to grow and very good smoke!
Yes I personally love White Widow, and will be my go too. But one thing im liking about auto flowers is thats so quick to grow and harvest, is that you can stagger your grow times and have varity. Well least for people like me that have limited space. I cant wait to get a grow tent, but ill eventually be able to convince my wife hahaha

Back
Top Bottom