Newbie with a lot of knowledge

iam no expert but the problem seems to me to be the filter.

it sounds as if the filter is holding the heat and getting hotter the longer the lights are on i agree take filter out of set up and see what happens to the temps.

also agree after doing that try pushing air through filter with bigger fan if possible.

not sure if the shelf above is helping.

i have similar setup with no shelf in space and my extractor fan sits on top of box and ducted straight outside via a vent.

anyhoos experimenting best way iam sure 420 people are tweaking setup all the time like i do.

growing cannabis i liken to 6 guitar strings get them all perfectly in tune and a sweeter sound will be heard.

best of luck with sorting the problem out bud and regards.

How do I get it to draw more air from bottom I have 4 x 2 inch dia vholes is this enough or do I need more or do I put a intake fan down at bottom like a computer fan

The intake hole should be smaller than the outtake hole. The outtake hole should be pushing enough air out to create a negative pressure in the room which will suck air in through any cracks (in this case, your intake holes).

If it's not pulling enough air in you may need to add an intake fan like a computer fan

What's the cfm of your fan?

I know I'm at a bit of a stumbling block if I put the scrubber back on it gets even hotter it had to be the passive intake that's the problem or to much light

Well you could try taking out half of the lights and see if that works, but I'm assuming you will want to put them back in eventually (like when you start to bloom). So it'll just be putting off the inevitable, plus it'll be alot harder to work in there with plants going.

Taking out lights isn't a option they need to be that many I think I'm looking into a bigger fan hopefully that will solve it

hmmmmm indeedy.

on the intake air supply side of the matter - grab a lighter and go to the outside of the box where u got ya holes for intake air supply and offer a flame up to the whole as you near the whole you want to see the flame being sucked into the whole to show a positive air intake..

still dont like the shelf idea in there it dont sit right but cant explain why. calls for me purple bud i think to ponder on.

hope u make head way kw i`ll be back of course if i stumble on the answer.

regards

I agree with improvise, you could mount a couple computer fans blowing across the lights, rig it up so you can pull them up when you raise the lights, so don't permanently mount them, hang them in there. That will help blow the heat up and out.

If I take the filter and ducting off then Thebes fan sucks in lighter flame into intake no problem the shelf just keeps the fan filter electrics away from grow area it is just neater lol :bravo:

What temp does it reach in the cab when lights are off all day?
I built my 3x3x4' veg cab . Its got 2 pc fans 1 in and 1 out , it has a twin bulb t5ho in there running 18hrs a day . It does not exceed the ambient temperature of the room its in.

Back
Top Bottom