Noise levels on air pumps

I tried building a sound breaker box but it had the opposite effect and amplified the sound so I think hanging it is a great idea.

:thumb:

I threw a knoose around my pump and hung it from the shelf I intended to house it on. The pump isn't throwing any complaints, not running my full grow yet either

I wounder if anyone ever used a compressor from an fridge or icebox as an air pump. :laughtwo:

It'll burn out. Refrigerant oil is hygroscopic. The suction valves also don't like being run unloaded. I'm sure you could cobble one up to run for a bit, but I'm not sure how long it would last. Haha

It'll burn out. Refrigerant oil is hygroscopic. The suction valves also don't like being run unloaded. I'm sure you could cobble one up to run for a bit, but I'm not sure how long it would last. Haha

Great Turbo, now we know that. It's usually the case when trying to make something do what its not intended too... :)

I use an 02Grow 02 emitter to oxygenate my water, but iam growing in organic soil, I don't know if they would work for hydro.
But they are totally silent and put 50% more oxygen in the water than any bubbler possibly can.

I use an 02Grow 02 emitter to oxygenate my water, but iam growing in organic soil, I don't know if they would work for hydro.
But they are totally silent and put 50% more oxygen in the water than any bubbler possibly can.

Read about them awhile back but they are quite expensive to get started with?

Read about them awhile back but they are quite expensive to get started with?
I bought mine about 3 years ago on sale I think for $189, it's the 20/20 model with two emitters and I've never taken the second emitter out of the box yet so should last me a lifetime.

Seems like they are $299 now I think.
They work very well.

I use a dual diaphram pump and also a ecoair piston pump which seem to be pretty quite,the ecoair is alot cheaper, i also put these on some styrofoam which also helps.

They are completely silent? :nerd-with-glasses:
Zero noise of any kind, the emitters just have an electrical current that runs through them that splits the hydrogen molecule from the oxygen molecules.
The hydrogen is a large bubble that goes to the top and dissipates, you can actually light it with a flame, the oxygen bubbles are super small and look like smoke, so small that they never break the surface and stay suspended in the water.
Run the emitter for 30 minutes loads more dissolved oxygen into the water than running a regular air pump for days.

Zero noise of any kind, the emitters just have an electrical current that runs through them that splits the hydrogen molecule from the oxygen molecules.

It sounds to good to be true, know I watched some video about them before I bought my pump. The setup I run now is with autopots so the pots aren't submerged in water, they are just fed through trays and in the bottom of the pots I have air injection domes so I don't think its possible for me to use this system with the setup I'm running now.

The hydrogen is a large bubble that goes to the top and dissipates

Hydrogene, this sounds interesting.... I want to build a hydrogen fuel cell. :laughtwo:

The hydrogen is a large bubble that goes to the top and dissipates, you can actually light it with a flame, the oxygen bubbles are super small and look like smoke, so small that they never break the surface and stay suspended in the water.
Run the emitter for 30 minutes loads more dissolved oxygen into the water than running a regular air pump for days.

Is your emitter in your reservoir? My stones will be directly in the "pots" of my rdwc setup. Looking into this O2 I would have to place in the reservoir. Suppose the dissolved oxy would stay in the water as it travels around.

Is your emitter in your reservoir? My stones will be directly in the "pots" of my rdwc setup. Looking into this O2 I would have to place in the reservoir. Suppose the dissolved oxy would stay in the water as it travels around.
I grow in Living Organic Soil not DWC.
I just super oxygenate my water so the roots get a good bit of oxygen when I water which is usually everyday.

The dissolved oxygen stays in the water for a long time.

The o2 emitters also do not heat up your water, so water stays cool.

g'day mate, ive just switched from a totally organic super soil ( i picked up a handful of it today on the tarps i compost it on and about 15 worms wiggled through my fingers ) to a full RDWC system, but ive just invested in a couple O2 grow emitters.
just wondering if you notice the difference using super saturated o2grow water in your yields? and if the difference in the yield justifies the outlay for the emitters.
because i bought a couple of the smaller o2grow units but realised i need the bigger ones all together a couple $K.
and thats a fukn lot more in aussie dollars

g'day mate, ive just switched from a totally organic super soil ( i picked up a handful of it today on the tarps i compost it on and about 15 worms wiggled through my fingers ) to a full RDWC system, but ive just invested in a couple O2 grow emitters.
just wondering if you notice the difference using super saturated o2grow water in your yields? and if the difference in the yield justifies the outlay for the emitters.
because i bought a couple of the smaller o2grow units but realised i need the bigger ones all together a couple $K.
and thats a fukn lot more in aussie dollars
Jeebus
Well as far as the difference with or without it's hard to say because I've only had one grow without and that was 5 years ago.
I can definitely say the plants love it as far as in Living Organic Soil.

I just watered yesterday and I let one emitter go for about an hour in 4 gallons of water.
When I would dip out a cup of water it looked like a fresh poured glass of Guinness beer, the water is so saturated that it's like its carbonated with billions of tiny bubbles just rising up to a thick creamy head.
There's no way that can be anything but good for soil, microbes and roots.

I dont know doodly about RDWC but the emitters will saturate the hell out water pretty quickly and do so silently using very little electricity.
I still haven't even used my second emitter after 5 years.
I bought the 2020 I think is what it was called, came with 2 small emitters each one supposed to do a 10 gallon bucket and I only used a 5 gallon.
So 30 minutes of aeration and I am good to go.
I think I only paid like $139 or something like that 5 years ago on sale.
So in my case it was a good deal especially since they work so well and will last a lifetime.

You would think they would be excellent for RDWC .
But all I can honestly say is they oxygenate the hell out of water quickly and quietly, better than any other method.

One thing I've noticed also is that after watering my plants usually do not droop.

I think that's due to the super oxygenated water that bathes the roots in oxygen.
This is the latest pic of my plant and it was about 10 minutes or so after watering, leaves still praying to the LED gods.
20200713_105443.jpg

"Sounds" like a simple electrolysis setup, I assume using a small transformer (we did it in juinior high school chemistry class with a battery, the electricity required is pretty minuscule - but a transformer means you don't have to keep buying new batteries), and probably taking place inside something that has a very fine mesh screen(/etc.) to ensure tiny bubbles.

I wonder why they charge ~$200 for something that costs a fraction of that to build? Because they can, lol?

BtW, if one is using the standard "aquarium stuff" and is worried that the noises created by same might be suspicious... Why not get an aquarium, LMAO? Park it on the other side of the grow space wall and such noises suddenly become normal.

Yep, they meaning basically every corporation in the US will charge whatever the market will bear.
It's called capitalism and its literally killing us all.
Drug companies in this country and from what I can tell ONLY in this country can and will charge as much as they possibly can.
And the kicker there is 95% of all the money for R&D of that drug was paid for by tax payers then the drug company gets to patent what WE paid to develop then turn around and charge $1000 per single pill for what cost them about .12 cents to make.
They know they have you over a barrel and dangle a $1000 pill over your head with their hand out for money while you die.
Personally if it were president Nunyabiz I would sign an executive order mandating that the absolute max profit any corporation could charge for any product is 100%
So if it cost you .12 cents you can sell it for .24 cents.
If you cant survive off of 100% profit margin then go be a Walmart greeter and STFU.

I would imagine the parts and everything for the one I have probably cost the company about $30 so they "should" be selling it for about $60.

I was thinking more like 12.5% net profit, lol. But, yes, that's capitalism. Be okay if the government stayed out of it, and it was a pure capitalist system.

I shouldn't be griping about this kind of thing - in regards to the cannabis industry - anyway. I don't gripe about seeds costing $25 to $200+ per pack of five to eighteen, and it costs next to nothing to produce thousands of those.

Back
Top Bottom