Northern Lights + Bag Seeds From 2 Different Countries - 2013

newbie mistake... in hindsight i should've let drago get taller before i started him in and around the pot.. or i should've left him the hell alone. when i removed the clips holding him down, i came back yesterday and he was trying to stand up. only problem was his stem was bent all to hell and some of his leaves were yellowing. i think when i misted the other day drago get a full blast on one leaf by accident because it looked sickly and gross... i ended up trimming a few leaves, propping him up and doing a little surgery.. here he is today.
CYMERA_20130716_221834.jpg

recovering a little. he was thirsty as HELL. i fed him when i fed everybody else on sunday.. by yesterday after i stood him back up he needed another feeding. his pot was that dry! hopefully now that he is back up he should be able to just grow in peace. i promised him no more LST. that's what the bag seed plants are for. from now on i think i'll just let the NL seeds grow. even at their highest they should get over 5 ft and i got plenty of space. at least now i know how the LST system works so if i decide to go with a taller plant i know i can control it's growth and it won't get out of hand on me. the nursery is doing well. thinking about moving them to the other room, in case i want to start flowering on day 40 for dany and the rest. i'm considering letting them go to about 54 days, so that way everybody can go to flower at the same time more or less (it'll be day 40 for the babies by then) and maybe i'll be able to determine out of the teenagers who is male/female so i can get rid of the dudes. hoping for 5 good plants. 7 would be outstanding.

here's the nursery:
CYMERA_20130716_221758.jpg

here's my teenagers in middle school.
CYMERA_20130716_221818.jpg

She's so pretty I gotta address her by her correct name... so everybody say hello to

Daenerys Herbgarden, the First of Her Name, Queen of smoke, Queen of the seeds and the soil and the First plant, Lord of the Seven Pots, Protector of the SCROG, Khaleesi of the Great Green Sea, called Daenerys Smokezalot, the Unyellowed, Mother of Clones.
CYMERA_20130716_221849.jpg

CYMERA_20130716_222037.jpg

remember when John Snow knew nothing? well look at him now.
CYMERA_20130716_222020.jpg

Joffrey has quietly turned himself into a nice looking plant. this was the rogue seed from Ygritte's pot
CYMERA_20130716_221942.jpg

Cersei is also doing well.
CYMERA_20130716_221956.jpg

and Isis.
CYMERA_20130716_222054.jpg

so i painfully learned a very valuable lesson. when trying new techniques NEVER EVER EVERRRRRRR use the seeded plants that you paid for. hone your craft from beginning to end using bag seeds... so that way when it's showtime you can hit the ground running. those last 4 NL seeds i germinated all popped no probs, and all of the are doing well so at the very least i think i got a handle on one of the more difficult parts of the entire process... the first 14 days. thanks to all of you guys who also do journals and thanks to this forum site which gives me inspiration, and also to youtube which is like a virtual library of info.

newbie mistake... in hindsight i should've let drago get taller before i started him in and around the pot.. or i should've left him the hell alone. when i removed the clips holding him down, i came back yesterday and he was trying to stand up. only problem was his stem was bent all to hell and some of his leaves were yellowing. i think when i misted the other day drago get a full blast on one leaf by accident because it looked sickly and gross... i ended up trimming a few leaves, propping him up and doing a little surgery.. here he is today.
CYMERA_20130716_221834.jpg

recovering a little. he was thirsty as HELL. i fed him when i fed everybody else on sunday.. by yesterday after i stood him back up he needed another feeding. his pot was that dry! hopefully now that he is back up he should be able to just grow in peace. i promised him no more LST. that's what the bag seed plants are for. from now on i think i'll just let the NL seeds grow. even at their highest they should get over 5 ft and i got plenty of space. at least now i know how the LST system works so if i decide to go with a taller plant i know i can control it's growth and it won't get out of hand on me. the nursery is doing well. thinking about moving them to the other room, in case i want to start flowering on day 40 for dany and the rest. i'm considering letting them go to about 54 days, so that way everybody can go to flower at the same time more or less (it'll be day 40 for the babies by then) and maybe i'll be able to determine out of the teenagers who is male/female so i can get rid of the dudes. hoping for 5 good plants. 7 would be outstanding.

here's the nursery:
CYMERA_20130716_221758.jpg

here's my teenagers in middle school.
CYMERA_20130716_221818.jpg

She's so pretty I gotta address her by her correct name... so everybody say hello to

Daenerys Herbgarden, the First of Her Name, Queen of smoke, Queen of the seeds and the soil and the First plant, Lord of the Seven Pots, Protector of the SCROG, Khaleesi of the Great Green Sea, called Daenerys Smokezalot, the Unyellowed, Mother of Clones.
CYMERA_20130716_221849.jpg

CYMERA_20130716_222037.jpg

remember when John Snow knew nothing? well look at him now.
CYMERA_20130716_222020.jpg

Joffrey has quietly turned himself into a nice looking plant. this was the rogue seed from Ygritte's pot
CYMERA_20130716_221942.jpg

Cersei is also doing well.
CYMERA_20130716_221956.jpg

and Isis.
CYMERA_20130716_222054.jpg

so i painfully learned a very valuable lesson. when trying new techniques NEVER EVER EVERRRRRRR use the seeded plants that you paid for. hone your craft from beginning to end using bag seeds... so that way when it's showtime you can hit the ground running. those last 4 NL seeds i germinated all popped no probs, and all of the are doing well so at the very least i think i got a handle on one of the more difficult parts of the entire process... the first 14 days. thanks to all of you guys who also do journals and thanks to this forum site which gives me inspiration, and also to youtube which is like a virtual library of info.

Looks really good! Too bad not everyone can get bag seed, so some of us need to take that risk. Danaerys has a long ass name, lets see if you want to include her in all your posts LOL! +reps

they look good. feed them very lightly so you dont get more nitrogen clawing :thumb:

you can transplant your larger cannabis plant now to larger pots.

those green pots are 3 gallon. i transferred dany, drago, cersei & jon snow. i topped joffrey & placed him in the nursery with eiwa, isis, khufu, khafre, & the american. i need a medium to mogul adapter because the 2700ks i found dont fit my light fixture.. but they do fit the room fixture. if i place another 2700k light there and keep it running with the grow light, will this help the plant at all? or is it just a waste of electricity??

my first attempt at a scrog!!!

super ghetto i know but when you can't find a store that sells PVC tubing this is the end result. for the two end pieces i used a chair that my fat ass broke thru. for the net i used string that i bought.. and tape. lots and lots of tape. lol it's not as tight as i would like it, in my mind's eye i saw it looking differently but this will do for now.
CYMERA_20130719_1732541.jpg

CYMERA_20130720_1231521.jpg

CYMERA_20130722_051406.jpg

CYMERA_20130722_051418.jpg

CYMERA_20130722_055417.jpg

CYMERA_20130722_060422.jpg

my tentative schedule.. if all goes well this is how it should play out.
6/10 - 6/13 germination period *completed*
6/13 - 6/27 seedling period *completed*
6/28 - 8/06 vegetative period
8/07 - 10/04 flowering period
10/05 - 10/12 Drying period
10/13 - 11/17 Curing period

i should be rolling my first homegrown doobie on 11/17. fingers crossed and praying to the ganja gods that they bless my plants. i'm to afraid to use any type of nutes on my plants now. they have finally recovered from the nitrogen problem. thanks to b.real for the "nitrogen clawing" phrase, from that i was able to do some research and get to the bottom of it. gave them all a nice flush which was right on time for their watering anyway, and since then they have all bounced back. even drago is doing well again. he his starting new growth on the bottom half of his stem, to replace all of the leaves that i had to cut off which is great. his stem is also straight again with no signs of stress. i was having problems in the nursery with khufu and khafre. they were fully yellow all over, but the leaves were not droopy. i knew it couldn't be a nitrogen problem because i haven't spiked or fed them, so i just gave them a solid watering and put them back under the light. the next morning i came back and all of the other pots were still wet, but khufu and khafre's pots were almost dry! i guess somewhere in the mix they may have missed a watering and even though the soil looked and felt wet they didn't have any water in there. i checked them earlier and it looks like they may be going green again. Eiwa is beautiful. looks like a young dany. the american is a strange one.. but is doing well nonetheless. i will cut back on the pics and just post updates like this, unless i have a problem. as with the plants, i am also learning the etiquette for this forum as well. apologies all around!

the nitrogen clawing means they were fed too heavy at once, it doesnt mean they dont want anymore food. you can have nitrogen clawing and nitrogen hunger, you just gotta read em. they look good though, so i think youre fine. if they are yellowing, feed them lighty. if you feed too heavily, youll get more clawing and/or tip burn. hope that helps!

flowering period starts in a little over a week and i'm freaking out because i have my 2700K CFLS... but they don't fit the modem base of my light fixtures!!! so i had to order a modem to medium extender from amazon but i gotta wait about a week before they arrive. so to keep the older plants in their holding pattern i LST'd drago and Jon Snow again because those two wanna get tall so bad. i can already tell once the switch hits who will be my problem children. dany and cersei are more concerned with inner node growth than getting taller. in the nursery, i am astounded at how well Joffrey is thriving. i know eventually i will have to move him back to the other room but him and Eiwa really enjoy their own seperate light. the others... not so much. Khufu & Khafre are on the verge of getting tossed. i was kinda wanting to wait until about 2 weeks into flowering or until i determine the true sex of all the plants before i started tossing them because i want to grow at LEAST 5 females and only 1 male. with 2 lights 5 plants is stretching it, but should be doable. i plan on keeping the male out on my balcony until i'm able to extract some pollen, then i'll impregnate one of the bag seed females so i can get some seeds for the next grow. i already know how i'm gonna do that one. instead of multiple plants, i will only grow 2 or 3 and then utilize the scrog method to make it bigger. still haven't recieved my new blue mystic seeds (plus freebies!!!!) in the mail yet and it's been 2 weeks... i hope i get them.

flowering period starts in a little over a week and i'm freaking out because i have my 2700K CFLS... but they don't fit the modem base of my light fixtures!!! so i had to order a modem to medium extender from amazon but i gotta wait about a week before they arrive. so to keep the older plants in their holding pattern i LST'd drago and Jon Snow again because those two wanna get tall so bad. i can already tell once the switch hits who will be my problem children. dany and cersei are more concerned with inner node growth than getting taller. in the nursery, i am astounded at how well Joffrey is thriving. i know eventually i will have to move him back to the other room but him and Eiwa really enjoy their own seperate light. the others... not so much. Khufu & Khafre are on the verge of getting tossed. i was kinda wanting to wait until about 2 weeks into flowering or until i determine the true sex of all the plants before i started tossing them because i want to grow at LEAST 5 females and only 1 male. with 2 lights 5 plants is stretching it, but should be doable. i plan on keeping the male out on my balcony until i'm able to extract some pollen, then i'll impregnate one of the bag seed females so i can get some seeds for the next grow. i already know how i'm gonna do that one. instead of multiple plants, i will only grow 2 or 3 and then utilize the scrog method to make it bigger. still haven't recieved my new blue mystic seeds (plus freebies!!!!) in the mail yet and it's been 2 weeks... i hope i get them.

I had to remember to take that into account. For ypur information, you are looking for E26 or E27 bases to fit into normal American bulbs.

day 45 from seed, day 31 in vegetation. some updated pics of the family. in addition to overall growth photos, i will also include some closeups and hopefully someone out there can confirm what i believe as far as the sexes.

Dany - besides the clawing problem she is doing well. getting tall! her inner nodes are so thick i can barely see the stem. i thought i was going to have to trim that one fan leaf but slowly but surely i can see it going from yellow to green. this plant was Fim'd
CYMERA_20130727_154332.jpg

CYMERA_20130727_154420.jpg

CYMERA_20130727_155525.jpg

Drago - as you can see, i LST'ed him across the pot knocking off a solid 3 or 4 inches of growth. i had to cut 2 bottom nodes but since then he has been doing much better. i don't see any remaining curling from the leaves, and his shade of green has brightened a bit. Drago was also Fim'd
CYMERA_20130727_154506.jpg

CYMERA_20130727_154650.jpg

Jon Snow - instead of LST'ing i decided to top him.. and it couldn't have gone any better. i can see the two seperate nodes growing out like a "V" and both are creating new shoots. way more dramatic to look at and watch happen as opposed to fim'ng where you do it and pray that you did it properly. he was getting pretty tall so i ended up having to LST across the pot, same as Drago. i also wanted to promote some more inner node growth since the stem is pretty bare, compared to the other plants.
CYMERA_20130727_154854.jpg

Cersei - Cersei was fim'd and hers came out the best out of everybody i think.
CYMERA_20130727_154723.jpg

CYMERA_20130723_081753.jpg

Joffrey - can't even recognize this plant from when it first started. i topped this one too, and again the side node growth was dramatic. having it in the other room under the light definately helped it get a good start. now it's off and running.
CYMERA_20130727_155129.jpg

Eiwa - my baby. haven't given any nutes, haven't spiked her soil, only water and more soil and light. i think i'm going to end up having to LST it because it's already almost as tall as Dany who is a month older
CYMERA_20130727_155002.jpg

Isis - i can see the green overtaking the yellow, but overall a pretty disappointing plant so far considering the great name lol
CYMERA_20130727_155024.jpg

Khufu & Khafre - slowly turning back green. i spiked both pots, and watered them twice over a 4 day period. not sure what is gonna happen with them once everybody else goes to 12/12..
CYMERA_20130727_155046.jpg

The American - small, but sturdy plant. i have it tucked off in the back in the corner away from all the other plants and it still finds a way to right itself and get plenty of light. looks like a small version of ygritte (RIP)
CYMERA_20130727_155242.jpg

4 seedlings - started these as outdoor plants. i gotta make sure i have a female to accept Drago's pollen. figure 2 weeks of germ, 3 weeks of veg will be a month and a week from now, by then i should have been able to collect drago's love juice to toss whoever turns out to be a female, regardless if it's dominican or american. as far as the NL seeds, hopefully Dany & Eiwa are what i think they are.. and hopefully i will get a few more surprises. we will see.
CYMERA_20130727_155332.jpg

start the countdown!!!! only 9 more days to go until flowering begins. i still don't know the sex of none of my plants for sure. everything is just guessing at this point because they are just barely starting the process of growing in this areas that you are supposed to check. one day i think they are all females, the next day i swear they are all male lol i just have to be patient and let it play itself out.

flowering has begun, and because of the GLR method i believe they are already starting to show a little. still not 100% sure, maybe someone out there can help me out.

Dany
CYMERA_20130810_091132.jpg

CYMERA_20130810_091546.jpg

Cersei
CYMERA_20130810_091158.jpg

CYMERA_20130810_091620.jpg

Jon Snow
CYMERA_20130810_091646.jpg

Drago
CYMERA_20130810_091746.jpg

group photo. dany far left, behind her and to the left is Eiwa, to the right in the back is Cersei, Jon Snow is in the very front and Drago is to the right. behind Jon Snow is Joffrey. I made a huge mistake. (in my GOB voice) the lights i bought from the store here were 2700... but only 65w. lol i was wondering why they were so cheap! so now i had to order 2 more 120W 2700 CFLs from amazon.com. in the meantime, i have those under the one light, i still have khufu & the babies going in the nursery so i cant bring in that other light for now. i can already notice that the nodes are way more spaced out with this light, i'm hoping everything will be okay until i get more lights.

CYMERA_20130810_090828.jpg

plants look like they will yield well, but i cant sex them at this point. if you get more than one ball at each crotch, you know its a male. the females will put out a single small diamond shaped "ball" with a pistil or coming out of it.

Back
Top Bottom