Northern Lights in the South

Good ?s y'all. Remember what teacher said, 'The only dumb ? is the one not asked.' :geek::laugh:
I've heard of reverse, but this is a male clone, so I think it already reversed itself. Right now, I'm considering transplanting and putting it in flower to see what happens. But, not while the lady is in there.
Here's a pic from 1/9 that I forgot to post.
100_11582.JPG

I took 4 clones from the mother plant yesterday. They're looking good today.
Here are the pics from yesterday.
100_11752.JPG

100_11762.JPG

100_11782.JPG

100_11772.JPG

100_11791.JPG

100_11801.JPG

I had a small problem with my cloner last time I used it. The solution would leak from the notch I cut for the pump cord. It would make a very small puddle, and left deposits down the side. I corrected this with a grommet.
100_11733.JPG

:ganjamon:

UPDATE

Flowering Lady: 1/19 End of week 8
100_11852.JPG

100_11873.JPG

100_11881.JPG

close-up4.JPG

This is the lowest bud that I pollinated. Not sure if it took.
100_11892.JPG

As you can see, she's looking pretty rough. Well, I finally figured out what the problem is this weekend; pH. Background: I read that coco has a pH of 6. I had been feeding with a pH of 6-6.3. Early in flower, I checked the runoff a couple of times, and it was 6. I originally thought the problem was due to me letting her dry out a couple of times, because that's when it started. This may have contributed to the problem, but now I know it's not the main cause. I recently read an article about pH in a prevalent pot periodical. Here's the pic that caught my eye. Look familiar?
100_12031.JPG

The caption says, "Necrosis and bronzing on an older leaf caused by iron and/or manganese toxicity due to low pH." My problem started in the lower, larger, older leaves. Oh, I forgot to mention I started flushing on 1/14. So, when I watered her Sat. 1/22, I checked the runoff. pH in=6.2----pH out 4.9:yikes: I watered again the next day with pH 7.8, and the runoff was 5. I don't know what happened, but something definitely changed.
Oh well, too late now, she'll be coming down next weekend. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

Veg Room
I transplanted the transsexual clone and gave it it's own light on Fri. 1/21.
100_1190.JPG

100_11912.JPG

100_11921.JPG

100_11932.JPG

It has grown normal leaves since then, but is still popping up female flowers. I will top it and put it in flower when the lady comes out.

The one clone in the cloner is a goner.:rip: 1/19 It's hard to see, but there is black rot.
100_11842.JPG

However, I checked the remaining three Sat. 1/22, and found roots on the little one.:)
100_11942.JPG

100_11953.JPG

It's a good thing I figured out about the pH, because the mother plant had the same problem. At first the pH was staying stable. Then the older leaves started bronzing. After I learned about pH toxicity, I checked it. I found that the pH started dropping with the water level. I'm keeping track of it now, and she's turning into a monster.

Here are some pics from tonight.
Big Momma
100_12041.JPG

"Cousin It" clone
100_12054.JPG

Cloner Another one rooted!
100_12084.JPG

:Rasta:

Thanx, Tmac! I've been trailing along your journal, and the last I saw, your plants were looking great. I hope your clones came through. I'll have to check back in on ya soon.

HARVEST
I cut the lady late last night. I should call her Dolly, 'cause she's very top heavy. When I lifted her, she tried to flip over. I could not lift the colas by their branches or they would have broken. I didn't get a wet weight,but I will get a dry weight.
100_12123.JPG

This is the lowest bud that I pollinated with the NL male. I didn't look seeded,but there may be some in there. I hope!
100_12163.JPG

Sticky finger hash. This stuff was like boogers you can't flick.:biglaugh:
finger_hash.JPG

I put the weird clone in the flower room,now that the lady's out. So, we'll see what it turns out to be.
100_12255.JPG

Fri. 1-28 I transplanted the two rooted clones from the cloner.
100_12092.JPG

The third clone joined them today.
100_12193.JPG

100_12227.JPG

100_12243.JPG

I put them in the other closet. Now the mother has the one to herself, which is good. It's 3x3 and she fills it up!
100_12267.JPG

The bit 'round the corner you can't see.
100_12275.JPG

Roots
100_12113.JPG

:blunt:

Well, the strange clone turned out to be pretty much male. Sorry for the crappy pics, but you can see the balls.
100_12286.JPG

100_12292.JPG

There were a couple of female flowers, though.
100_12305.JPG

I'm going to keep him, since my earlier pollination didn't take, and will try agian with the clone girls.

The three clones are just now starting to grow. I'm still having issues with pH, I think. The runoff is like 1.8 less that what goes in. Last feed I put in pH 7.6, and runoff was 5.8-5.9. I guess I'll have to feed with a pH of 8. You can see how yellow the outer two are. They're getting the brown spots, too. The middle one seam to be much more healthy. It's two days younger than the other two.
100_12344.JPG

100_12357.JPG

100_12367.JPG

100_12376.JPG

:smokin:

Wow! It's been 3 weeks since I posted. Damn PS3! That, and I've been pretty busy.
Here's an over due update. The triplets are doing well. I transplanted them a couple of days ago.
100_12432.JPG

100_12454.JPG

100_12469.JPG

100_12475.JPG

Then, I caged them yesterday.
100_12486.JPG

The mother isn't doing so great. Here's a pic from a couple of days ago that appears to be salt buildup and unhealthy roots.
100_12424.JPG

Yesterday
100_12496.JPG

Healthy top, and new light.
100_12507.JPG

Unhealthy bottom.
100_12515.JPG

I got some Clearex, and will flush the res soon.
:smokin:

Oh, yea. The mostly dry weight (1 day in jars), was 64.3g. I couldn't wait till the dry weight, so I'm guessing it would have been around 50-55g.
Here's a pic of a nug I took a few days ago.
NLbud.JPG

It's almost gone now.:straightface:

Another note: The triplets will be going into flower soon.:morenutes:

Oh, yea. The mostly dry weight (1 day in jars), was 64.3g. I couldn't wait till the dry weight, so I'm guessing it would have been around 50-55g.
Here's a pic of a nug I took a few days ago.
NLbud.JPG

It's almost gone now.:straightface:

Another note: The triplets will be going into flower soon.:morenutes:

I don't get it? We get "mostly dry" weight and a picture of an AWESOME looking nug, but no early smoke report? Don't try to tell us you haven't sampled it yet cuz' I know I would! :)

Plants are looking good!!
Thanx, Tmac! I've been trailing along your journal, and have a lot of catching up to do. I read y'all had some kind of ailment and are recovering. Good healing vibes to you and yours!:peace:

The triplets look good man. Sorry to hear about the Mom. You'll get her healthy again.
Thanx, KannabisKid! I was thinking about scrapping the mother, but your words helped encourage me to try and save her. Your off to a good start. It's been a while; glad to see you back in action my friend! Sorry I didn't respond when I posted. I just got too tired and my brain turned off.:laughtwo:
I flushed her today for an hour with Clearex, and now she has pHed water with Hygrozyme to help with the root rot.
Crusty salt buildup and root rot.
100_125211.JPG

Crust I vacuumed out.
100_12546.JPG

:wood:

I don't get it? We get "mostly dry" weight and a picture of an AWESOME looking nug, but no early smoke report? Don't try to tell us you haven't sampled it yet cuz' I know I would!
Oh, man! This is a late smoke report. I've been so busy/tired/stoned, I almost forgot to post one! It's all gone now. Glad I got a pic before it was! This Northern Lights had a mild aroma and flavor. Earthy and woody. The buds were very sticky, and alcohol was needed to clean fingertips after breaking it up. It mad a lot of kif in my grinder. This stuff was pretty strong. Don't smoke a whole joint 1st thing in the morning! Very nice stone once I got used to it. Thanx for reminding me, MrKip!

I will probably put the triplets into flower this weekend, if not before. I got the flower room cleaned out for them today.
I can't wait!!:cool:

Ok, gang. I know I've been slacking. So, here's an overdue update to bring you up to speed.

MOTHER
I had to remove quite a bit of bad leaves and branches due to her root problems, and the terrible drought I put her through. I gave her a light feeding after I flushed her, and she drank it down quick. I found her like this with a totally dry res.
100_12608.JPG

After removal of bad parts
100_12614.JPG

She seems to be recovering now, but is still not 100%.

FLOWER
The triplets are doing good. Today ends week 2, and their flowers are bunching up now.
Here's a couple of pics from 2 days ago.
100_12623.JPG

100_12646.JPG

:roorrip:

i have seedlings a week and a half old in rockwool cubes planted in a very small pot, i was just wondering at what point it needs a little fertilizer, please help with any info, thanks

\

Nice rescue on the Mom! She's seems to be pretty sturdy, so I'm sure she'll recover. The triplets are looking good, too!
Nice recovery bro.
Thanx, Mr. Krip and KK! She's still hangin' in there. Here's a shot of her a week ago after a substantial trim to keep her in check.
100_12794.JPG

i have seedlings a week and a half old in rockwool cubes planted in a very small pot, i was just wondering at what point it needs a little fertilizer, please help with any info, thanks
Hello and :welcome: Bobby44! Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I think you can start feeding 1/4 strength about a week after seeds sprout or clones root. Then, gradually up the nutes over the next 2 weeks. Go up to full strength, or until you start seeing nute burn; which ever comes first. Remember, different strains have different nute requirements. The Northern Lighs I've got going are hungry ladies! Good Luck!

The triplets are doing pretty good. Although, two of them have lower, older leaves dieing off. It is eerily similar to the beginning of my spider mite invasion. I've been looking hard, and haven't seen any evidence of them......yet. They may have an appointment with Doktor Doom soon.

Week 3
100_12667.JPG

100_126710.JPG

Week 4
100_12696.JPG

100_12703.JPG

100_12711.JPG

100_12753.JPG

100_12768.JPG

100_12776.JPG

100_12723.JPG

100_12737.JPG

100_12745.JPG

Here's a shot of the problem from tonight.
100_12813.JPG

Hopefully I'll figure it out.
:surf:

Back
Top Bottom