Northern Lights in the South

Hey, all! It's time for another update.
The mother DWC went dry again.
100_12826.JPG

Guess she won't go a whole week. She drank 2 gal in 5 days. I fed her and trimmed the bad leaves, and now she's looking better.
100_12875.JPG

FLOWER ROOM WEEK 6
Things are going pretty good here. Still getting yellowing and dieing leaves, though. But, the buds are fine.
100_12835.JPG

100_12843.JPG

100_12864.JPG

I'll be starting a new batch soon.
:surf:

They're looking good . What are you going to start next? We decided to germ 2 of the 8 Miles High today. After having that kick ass sativa in Maui, that's all I want anymore lol.
Thanx, Kid! I love sativas too. I think I'll do some California Orange next.

They're looking great! The big fan leaves yellow up and die off on their own during flower so no big deal there.
Thanx, and welcome tachyon! Isn't that something from Star Trek? I hear you about the yellowing leaves. I just never had them yellow so much and so early. They are doing fine, so no sweat!

I'm behind the power curve on updates again, gang. So I'll bring it up to speed.
I decided to terminate the NL mother.:rip: She was surviving, but certainly not thriving. Just too sick to make anymore good clones or buds. The root rot was just too bad. I believe it was caused by very high res temps, the roots clogging up the air stone, and most of all negligence.:straightface:
After trimming off small branches
100_13034.JPG

The main V
100_13027.JPG

Roots
100_13016.JPG

The roots are holding up the net pot and stick left after trim. You can see the inlet to the air stone sticking out.
100_13002.JPG

Roots have encased air stone ring, and the whole bottom is rotten.
100_13049.JPG

Don't fret! She didn't die in vane. I learned a few lessons from her. One of which is that I can't do DWC in the summer. Also, her beautiful triplets will be giving me a great harvests soon!
Flower room:
I started giving them pHed water with molasses at the end of week 8; a little late. But I'm letting them go 9-10 weeks.
End of week 7
100_12884.JPG

100_12895.JPG

100_12913.JPG

End of week 8 (lower buds)
100_12975.JPG

100_12965.JPG

100_12985.JPG

Buds are getting heavy and falling all over, despite the cages.
100_12996.JPG

The branches are even more heavily laden now in the middle of week 9.
Harvest coming soon!:Rasta:

HARVEST TIME
I've only cut one of the triplets, so far. I ran out of room! Then I figured I could hang them in the flower room. DUH! I'll be cutting the other two; probably tonight. One of those two is the one I pollinated. Hopefully I'll find some NL seeds.
100_13057.JPG

100_13076.JPG

100_13094.JPG

Yeah, that's just the one plant, and there are 2 more branches in a box!

Even the main stem had trichomes.
100_13084.JPG

:Rasta:

Thanx for liking my pics, KannabisKid and Mr Krip!
Well, I got too tired to finish the harvest last night. But, I got 'er done today!
100_13103.JPG

This is the one I pollinated. I didn't squeeze the bud yet to check for seeds, but I will when it dries.

100_13114.JPG

100_13123.JPG

This was the biggest one. It tried to supercrop itself. It also tried to fall over, taking the pot with it.:cheesygrinsmiley:

These look like my biggest yielding plants to date. They reached over a meter before they flopped over; even though they were in only about 1.5 gallon pots. The funny thing is; I checked the roots of the first one, and there wasn't much circling. Just a few small root on the outside.
100_13162.JPG

Full harvest report coming soon! Also, a new grow in the near future.
:allgood:

Thanx, Kid! What size light are you using? I forgot. I'm only using 1 250W hps with a pretty old bulb.
Don't sell yourself short, man. Your plant are looking top notch! Remember, I had to wait 10 weeks for these; not to mention the 4-5 weeks of veg. You could turn out two harvests in about that time. I just looked at the pics in your journal, and I see great potential for a SOG; something that would be difficult for me in my space.
Keep it up Kid, your doing great!:thumb:

Sorry it took so long for this harvest report. I've been working for 12 days straight.
Well, I did it again. I over dried my buds. They bounced back in the jars, but I'm afraid that they lost a lot of their aroma and flavor. the smell is hard to describe. I think the buds are still green and need the cure longer. I guess it's like a cat piss smell. Isn't there a strain called that? When burnt, however it gives a flavor of sandalwood. The smoke has a sandalwood aroma as well. These are faint under a still harshness; not chemical, but just still green. The smoke is still pretty smooth considering. It should get real smooth after more curing. Right now it's best smoked in joints; my favored technique. However, this burns through your stash quicker than pipes or bongs.

The first plant I harvested yielded 54.1g.
100_13182.JPG

100_13235.JPG

100_13194.JPG

100_13216.JPG

The other two got mixed up, so I weighed them together for a combined yield of 92.8g. For a total weight from 3 plants of 146.9g, or 5 1/4oz! Under a 250W light, thats 0.5876g per watt! Wow, I just calculated that, and surprised myself!
100_13245.JPG

I ended up with 5 quarts of buds and 2 quarts of trim for hash, or cooking.
I got a new cookbook!
100_13255.JPG

Let's all think of those who gave all for freedom this Memorial Day.
I hope everyone is having a safe, happy, and high long weekend!
:allgood::peace:

Thanks bro. I'm running a 4' T-5. Was thinking of upgrading to either a 250 or 400 for flowering. The PK is definitely taking longer than 55 days. Trichs are still mostly clear with a few cloudy and amber. I also had a mishap with a cloud of pollen lol. I think the seeds are slowing her down a bit, but not sure. Have you thought of water curing some of your bud next time? Read into it a bit and think I might try it with a few nugs. Might just do it with trim and popcorn nugs for cooking.

Thanks bro. I'm running a 4' T-5. Was thinking of upgrading to either a 250 or 400 for flowering. The PK is definitely taking longer than 55 days. Trichs are still mostly clear with a few cloudy and amber. I also had a mishap with a cloud of pollen lol. I think the seeds are slowing her down a bit, but not sure. Have you thought of water curing some of your bud next time? Read into it a bit and think I might try it with a few nugs. Might just do it with trim and popcorn nugs for cooking.

Water CURE!! Secret old school trick, that one is, can save a potentially bad harvest too...:thumb: Just takes a little flavor away, but that is all...

Thanx, Kid! I use the 250W to keep the electric bill and temps down. Both of which are high down here. I have grown up to 5 large plants successfully under it. But that was too much for my little space, so I keep it to 4 plants or less now. I may try water cure on a few buds, too. I've read about it, and it sounds interesting.

Thanx, GodsTri...and thanx for all your likes! I appreciate the info on water curing.

Sorry I've not been around. I've been busy 24/7, and had to work all weekend. I'm very happy to have a job and be so busy but, it is leaving me with almost no free time right now. Hopefully; when this big project I'm working on is done; I'll have more time to keep up with y'alls journals.

Note: I've already smoked one quart of buds but, haven't made any butter or hash yet. I'll post when I do.
I also have 2 Cali Orange seedlings going, and will start a new journal soon.
:Namaste:

Thanx, Kid! I use the 250W to keep the electric bill and temps down. Both of which are high down here. I have grown up to 5 large plants successfully under it. But that was too much for my little space, so I keep it to 4 plants or less now. I may try water cure on a few buds, too. I've read about it, and it sounds interesting.

Thanx, GodsTri...and thanx for all your likes! I appreciate the info on water curing.

Sorry I've not been around. I've been busy 24/7, and had to work all weekend. I'm very happy to have a job and be so busy but, it is leaving me with almost no free time right now. Hopefully; when this big project I'm working on is done; I'll have more time to keep up with y'alls journals.

Note: I've already smoked one quart of buds but, haven't made any butter or hash yet. I'll post when I do.
I also have 2 Cali Orange seedlings going, and will start a new journal soon.
:Namaste:

Anytime my friend. And what kinda work you do? :peace::Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom