Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

to test soil ph
1) adjust and test water to ph 6.5
2) water the pot and measure the first runoff passing through it
3) flush the plant if your reading is not the same until it is ph 6.5
4) water with ph 6.5 and half strength nutrients until runoff is observed

Great day yesterday with almost 1 inch growth for plant b in a day!

They are now 9 and 6 inchs high. Looking better and better it seems, it feels like they are on good growth rate right now.

Plant a 59 days :
103_4373.JPG
103_4374.JPG
103_4375.JPG

Plant b 50 days :
103_4376.JPG
103_4377.JPG
103_4378.JPG

Here we go again, I'm very happy because the last 2 weeks, I've been seeing both ladies get greener, taller and larger. Plant A is now 10 inches high but with lots of new growth all over the stem, leaves are light to medium green and it is growing now at more than 1cm/day.

Plant B is even more impressive and has recovered greatly from her yellowish look of three weeks ago and is growing at the same rate. She is now just 7 inches tall and 10 days behind plant A. I gave her a rough start but she is now looking very good.

I am probably going to switch to 12/12 in 2 weeks or so, both plants should be over 1 foot by that time.

Plant A day 62 :

103_4395.JPG
103_4396.JPG
103_4397.JPG

Plant B day 53 :

103_4398.JPG
103_4399.JPG
103_4400.JPG

Both plants have doubled in size in the last 3 weeks and more so in the last 14 days so I'm thinking they'll probably be big enough in 2 weeks time. Thanks for input bmeat.

Just wondering what is the link you are doing with my lighting? Why is 2 weeks reasonnable with what I have and why not with another lighting system/power?

thanks

because if you let the plants get too big, and dont have enough light for them, its just a waste. since im working with 150 watts, i only veg for one week. after the stretch, my plants end up being 12-18" tall, which is where i want them to be.

i figure a 150 watt light can penetrate 3 ft max, right? i keep the light 12" above the canopy, so i want the plants max height to be 2' or less, or else my mid and bottem buds wont get light. you can always lollipop to compensate for this, but why create the need to do this when you have the ability to control their size?

exactly. are these feminized seeds that youre working with? i thought northern lights were supposed to have heavy indica genes? these looks like sativa heavy hybrids.

YOU do realize these plants will double/triple in size after you flip to flower cycle???

Yes, plants are now 12' and 9' tall respectively, I'll switch to 12/12 in a week so the maximum total height should be 36". Should be ok.

By the way, I tested my well water conductivity yesterday with a new pen I bought and it gives me 80 ppm. Is that good water quality? From what i read, it looks good. I also bought a ph pen and will test my coco ph tonight.

I'll post photo updates of both plants this evening.

Yes, 2 plants, with the ppm readings I had of my well water, I'm pretty confident that my problems did not come from the water source but other things like bad nutrients proportions, under-watering and ph on the high side. I've moved my led light 6 inches higher since the top of plant b was getting a little too close to the light and leafs on one side were starting to get discolored.

I've got now a ph pen so I'll be able to monitor nutrients and ph better.

What should be the ideal ppm for feeding my plants? 1200ppm ? I'll check tonight with my regular recipe to see ( 1/2 strength ).

Back
Top Bottom