Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

the wells ph can be high..just becuase low content doesnt mean low ph.

youve got enough bulbs to flower for a half a week or a week more. you do realize theyre gonna be huge right? they need more food as they grow fast.

Yes, I know, sorry if my explanation is not clear. I already tested my well water ph at the start of my grow. It's 7.2 - 7.3 . But I had doubts on the hardness of the water coming from the well and my ppm meter showed me that I have good water quality and that it's not hard at all. Well hope I understand correctly the theory.

I sure hope they'll be huge! :) 3 feet is manageable but no more than that I hope...

I've got 400 watts total lighting. 135 + 125 + 4 x 40 = 420 watts.

From your point of view, should I flush my plants just before switching to 12/12 or I should continue and switch my nutrients formula to flower mode?

there is a low mineral content in the water, which means the water is not hard. its naturally soft. our tap water is artifically/synthetically softened.

but the ph is too basic for coco.

Hi guys, yesterday, I noticed both plants looking a bit bad, I decided to feed them with full strength and noticed that the ppm of my feeding water was at 670 ppm before watering and water coming out was approximately 300 ppm, Is this ok or should I put more or less nutrients in my feeding water? Cause I've seen here that people often water with lots more ppm in there solution...

Also, I'm thinking, maybe I should flush both plants and start feeding them blooming nutrientsand switch to 12/12 right away instead of waiting a few days more.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi KingJohnC! Here it is : water Going in : ph 5.0 670ppm, water coming out : ph 6,2 330 ppm and thats with full strength General hydroponics ( flora, bloom, micro ). I gave them that yesterday and it helped them cause they look better today.

Here is up to date photos of both plants.

Plant A day 71 at 31 cm:
103_4453.JPG
103_4454.JPG
103_4455.JPG

Plant B day 62 at 23 cm:
103_4458.JPG
103_4459.JPG
103_4460.JPG

on the money! start w/ppm's at 300/400 & gradually build up to 1000/1200 over time as the plants become accustomed to the nutes. they'll let u know when it's time to up the nutes.

Hi guys, I waited to start flowering before updating again here.

All is ok, both plants look pretty healthy, it's my first day of flowering and I flushed yesterday to find out I was probably watering too low : 3.5 to 4.0 by testing with my blue lab pen. So I decided to up that to 5.2. I feeded them with a 3/4 dose but forgot to check ppm. Still probably in the 600-800 range.

I'm on a 12.5/11.5 light schedule, can't wait to see them bloom!

Plant A day 76, 34 cm:
103_4500.JPG
103_4501.JPG
103_4502.JPG

Plant B day 67, 28 cm:
103_4503.JPG
103_4504.JPG
103_4505.JPG

All have a good one, I'll try to update two times a week.

i would run 900 ppms max of nutes. the guy i bred a seed stock with runs coco but never brings it above 800 ppm..he calls it 1.1 ec.. he buys distilled water just for the grows -_-

i watched videos of green house seeds running 1.8 ec and it burnt most of their plants

Ok, we are at 4 days into flowering and still waiting for the clear signs of maturity. Both plants look great and appreciated my new nutroient formula, will water and feed them tomorrow. Plant B is almost as tall as plant A now.

Here is plant A day 79 height : 35 cm
103_4539.JPG
103_4540.JPG
103_4541.JPG
103_4543.JPG

Plant B height : 30 cm
103_4544.JPG
103_4547.JPG
103_4545.JPG
103_4546.JPG

I wouldn't have flowered until all new growth was nice and green, otherwise, it will effect yeild. Fix all issues before flowering, and you will get bigger yeilds.

With my last grow, I tried to flower a mendo purpe before correcting purpling, cause by the person who cloned it. The thing never grew as a result.

Keep in mind that plants take a few days to respond to whatever you did to them, especially in coco, soil, perlite, etc, anything but pure water, like dwc, that responds faster.

So, if you change their feeding, and see a result the next day, it was most likely from something you did a few days before.

I wouldn't have flowered until all new growth was nice and green, otherwise, it will effect yeild. Fix all issues before flowering, and you will get bigger yeilds.

With my last grow, I tried to flower a mendo purpe before correcting purpling, cause by the person who cloned it. The thing never grew as a result.

Keep in mind that plants take a few days to respond to whatever you did to them, especially in coco, soil, perlite, etc, anything but pure water, like dwc, that responds faster.

So, if you change their feeding, and see a result the next day, it was most likely from something you did a few days before.

It's just that I'm a bit limited in space so I needed to switch before they become too big.

Still learning to care for them!

thanks!

Hi again here is an update with 1 week of 12/12 done.

Both girls, has it is now clear that it's females, are in great shape and growing fast, > 1cm per day. There is a lot more white pistols then a week ago. They look better than ever and I feel optimistic about the next weeks. At least, everything seems to be under control.

So now for the images,

Plant A is now 82 days old and 38 cm tall.
103_4579.JPG
103_4581.JPG
103_4582.JPG

103_4580.JPG

Plant B is 73 days old and 34 cm tall.
103_4585.JPG
103_4587.JPG
103_4589.JPG
103_4586.JPG

Some pistols!
103_4584.JPG
103_4573.JPG

two beautiful females? you lucky fuck..

word be born that stress doesnt induce males..its determined while making seed the sex

Yes, clearly, I did put some stress on them, and I apologize directly to them for that. But they seem to have build a barrier against stress because right now, it's like nothing bad ever happened to them. From your experience bmeat, from the time I switch lights to 12/12, how much time before the flowering process really starts?

Thanks for following bmeat, I check your grows regularly even if I don't post in your threads.

If i may answer that, Around a week to ten days depending on the strain you should be seeing bud formation, glad you made it this far bro, they are looking good, happy growing, and good luck to you.
Try n get a clone from each to keep in case u like one or both plants.
You are lucky guy bro wish u more.

Back
Top Bottom