Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

They'll stretch noticeably the next few weeks then you'll start seeing bud sites form. Looking worlds better mate

I am really playing with the idea of cutting some top main leaves that are creating shade for the secondary cola's. Also, maybe cutting the bottom little colas that porbably won't produce much buds. Is this a good idea after 1 week of flowering or should I wait a bit longer before doing this? Thanks for the input guys, that's how I'm getting a bit better at taking care of my girls.:thumb:

if youre going to lollipop/trim, do it right after the stretch is over (2 weeks from pistil sighting)

i would not remove fan leaves.

"Pre-harvesting means removing most of the large fan-leaves from the plants during the last days of the flowering cycle, before cutting them down for manicuring and drying. Pre-harvesting helps reducing the total amount of green material (water and chlorophyll) in the crop. Once the big fan-leaves (the ones that have no resin on) have been removed, the plants reduce the amount of photosynthesis, and produce less starches. This allows for sweeter and better-burning weed, and makes the whole harvesting process much easier and faster.
In conclusion, it is up to the grower to identify the weakest points of the grow, and improve from there. Curiosity and will to improve are the key factors to a green thumb. During flowering, a lot can be done to ensure a great crop; and it̢۪s all worth it."

Yes sir. Defoliation means different things to different people. I basically trim.as.u described. Removing only.the few leaves blocking lower sites and nothing more. In unison I completely clean up he lower 1/3 of the plant and any stragglers that I feel wont produce. From there on its all. About keeping em fed. I wouldn't recommend it unless the plants.were healthy as one could hope.

yeah well put canna..you set them up how you think is good, then let them do their thing and dont really touch em again after the good pruning. ive noticed my topped plant is setup a lot better than my other plants (in jamaican kush grow journal). four main colas above the topping sight..didnt lollipop a damn thing. i usuaully lollipop lower 1/3 of plant since 150 watts will only penetrate about what 3' and i have the light 1' from the canopy already? i usually cut away the branches from the main stalk..but im just gonna pick flower sights from now on like the outdoor gardeners.

overtime im thinking its best to leave as much fan leaf as possible, since they are the power house starch makers.

canna and i say wait until everythings setup to see what needs to be trimmed (2-3 weeks depending on if you count from pistil sighting or from 12/12 flip). i didnt think anything would need to be pruned since you have cfls and can run side lighting..thats why i was asking you about veg times

Yes sir. Defoliation means different things to different people. I basically trim.as.u described. Removing only.the few leaves blocking lower sites and nothing more. In unison I completely clean up he lower 1/3 of the plant and any stragglers that I feel wont produce. From there on its all. About keeping em fed. I wouldn't recommend it unless the plants.were healthy as one could hope.

yeah well put canna..you set them up how you think is good, then let them do their thing and dont really touch em again after the good pruning. ive noticed my topped plant is setup a lot better than my other plants (in jamaican kush grow journal). four main colas above the topping sight..didnt lollipop a damn thing. i usuaully lollipop lower 1/3 of plant since 150 watts will only penetrate about what 3' and i have the light 1' from the canopy already? i usually cut away the branches from the main stalk..but im just gonna pick flower sights from now on like the outdoor gardeners.

overtime im thinking its best to leave as much fan leaf as possible, since they are the power house starch makers.

canna and i say wait until everythings setup to see what needs to be trimmed (2-3 weeks depending on if you count from pistil sighting or from 12/12 flip). i didnt think anything would need to be pruned since you have cfls and can run side lighting..thats why i was asking you about veg times

I'll wait then till 20 days before doing a trim/defoliation. Thanks to both!

So we are now 9 days into flowering (12/12) and everything looks great, I'm very happy but thinking feeding them full dose for the last three waterings is maybe too much, they still look better so but i'll probably water without food for the next two waterings. Is that a good idea?

Starting to see start of tiny bud formation.

Plant A 84 days and 40 cm tall.
103_4614.JPG
103_4616.JPG
103_4617.JPG
103_4625.JPG
103_4618.JPG
103_4619.JPG

Plant B 75 days and 37 cm tall
103_4620.JPG

103_4622.JPG
103_4621.JPG
103_4624.JPG

oh noo, dont defoliate them, please! these are beauties like i though they would be. were finally here! you got everything setup great. love the side cfl.

lollipop or something if you are antsy to prune

I ended up only losing about 1-2 weeks of growth thanks to your journal and the friends here. I had the same thing fix mine it was PH kicking my butt. I paid close attention to the well water and how it acts when I was lowering the PH with Vinegar and how long it takes to raise and how far it went back up with every treatment. I was advised by Corey of Blue Planet to mix straight tap water with a britta filter water 50% to lower the hardness of the water. When I mix those two initially I over treat to bring the PH to like 5.0 or a little lower then check the next day it has risen to 6.2 then I retreat lower back to 5.3- 5.5. after that second treatment it won't rise any higher
than 5.9- 6.0. and the plants are digging it.:peace:

Update flowering day 12:

I gave them water only yesterday, I'll wait and watch to determine if I'll feed them a bit next time ( 3 days) but they still look very good. They look on track from what I've seen on other pages. So i'm still loving this phase as they change rapidly.

Plant A day 87, flower day 12 and height : 43 cm.
103_4662.JPG
103_4666.JPG
103_4667.JPG
103_4663.JPG
103_4664.JPG
103_4665.JPG

Plant B day 78 flower day 12 and height : 40 cm.
103_4669.JPG
103_4675.JPG
103_4670.JPG
103_4672.JPG
103_4674.JPG
103_4678.JPG
103_4680.JPG

Side by side
103_4685.JPG

Thanks Bud Grant!

It's really the best time of my grow right now, with both ladies being so vigorous and healty!

I was not so high a few weeks ago when all was looking pretty bad!

With the help I got in here and with my personnal experience getting better, I am quite confident I'll get a small to medium yield ( 1 oz by plant maybe? )

Thanks for following.

much more than that. i would say 2-3 oz each if you keep your ears open and let the plant flower as long as it should.

there are two major "swells" which happen around week 3-4 and again around week 6-7.

Back
Top Bottom