Nutes for dwc

closetkush

These are the nutes I'm planning to run in a DWC setup. I've grown organically in soil, but I am new to hydro. Any comments or tips?

- Vita Grow Water Conditioner
- Vita Grow Super Micro
- Vita Grow Super Grow
- Vita Grow Super Bloom
- SUPERthrive
- Rasta Bob's Blackstrap Molasses
- Technaflora Thrive Alive Red
- Botanicare Clearex
- Botanicare Cal-mag
- Botanicare Aquashield
- Botanicare Hydroplex
- Botanicare Silica Blast

molasses and ORGANIC material is know to cause root problems in DWC. Be careful when using organic material. Use a artifical sweetner in place of the molasses aka sweet, bud candy, sugar daddy..etc The best thing for hydro is adding beneficial bacterial and mycorrhizae IMO. I use BC TechnaFlora's whole line for DWC and it works great. I also use to use GH flora nova and their line but they sometimes caused me root problems with the organic materials in a lot of their products. When I switched from soil to DWC I was amazed at the faster growth and higher yields. Good luck

BC recipe for success. Its on their web sight. I use humbolts white widow myco and gh sub culture B also. I also use GH kool bloom dry around mid bloom and H&G bud xl towards the end. H&G aqua flakes I have heard are really good in DWC also but I have never tried them.

Closetkush,

Feel free to check out my grow.

I think you have nute soup goin on there. K.I.S.S. is my moto.

I highly suggest you get Blue Planet Nutrients. Go for the 3 part for hydro.

personally I would then add B52 and voodoo juice from Advanced Nutrients (BPN may have a b52 equal supplement), Hygrozyme, and then calmag and a non organic PH dn.

Dont use organic ph dn (citric acid). I have ha d nothing but problems when I used that shit. Phosphoric acid based ph dn works best for me.

You will also find the using BPN nutrients the cost is much less than many of the others and BPN is represented well here as Corey the owner is highly active in helping people out with nutrient issues.

Isn't Hygrozyme considered organic? I thought it wasn't a good thing to use/mix hydroponic nutes with organic... or in DWC.

Also, what do you think about this list of nutes?

AN Sensi Grow A&B
AN Sensi Bloom A&B
Botanicare Calmag
Nutrilife H2O2

Isn't Hygrozyme considered organic? I thought it wasn't a good thing to use/mix hydroponic nutes with organic... or in DWC.

Also, what do you think about this list of nutes?

AN Sensi Grow A&B
AN Sensi Bloom A&B
Botanicare Calmag
Nutrilife H2O2

hygrozyme is good, I'm using it. good stuff for the roots.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the AN nutes. I used them until this week in my grow. They are very expensive.

Something to think about with nutrients that I like what I see from BPN. If we look closely at the feeding charts and the guaranteed analysis:

Sensi A grow:
Nitrogen 3%
Calcium 5.12%

Sensi B grow:
Nitrogen 2%
Phosphate 2%
Potash 5%

Now lets look at sensi bloom:

Sensi A Bloom:
Nitrogen 4%
Potash 4%
Calcium 3.5%

Sensi B Bloom
Nitrogen 1%
Phosphate 5%
Potash 6%

As you can see, the big difference is Phosphate and Potash which is what our plants want more of during bloom.

Now if we look at the BPN 2 part feed schedule we will see we are using the same A & B product from veg through bloom. Thereby buying two less nutrients. How is this good/possible?

BPN A Grow:
Nitrogen 4%
Potash 3%

BPN B Bloom:
Nitrogen 1%
Phosphate 5%
Potash 6%

but in feeding schedule is where we make the difference. As flowering begins we are using more B Bloom than A grow. All the way to a point of using 2x B to A and getting the larger amounts of Phosphate and Potash and less nitrogen that our plants want during bloom.

Now instead of 4 products, we only have 2 and we only change the mix. Plus the price is extremely reasonable.

Look around the site there are numerous really happy people using BPN. I am just starting, but this was the thing that stuck out for me.

I am totally happy with what my AN nutes have done for me. No complaints whatsoever, except price. They are expensive. And I am thrilled with the B52 and Voodoo juice and am still using it.

But I really do like the idea of two products rather than 4.

As for h202, your local walgreens is fine. And have plenty just in case but dont use it every week like a feed. Use it to help kill baddies if/when they occur. If you use it weekly, you may see it's ability to kill stuff go down or some immunity for lack of a better word. In fact it was Advanced Nutrients that told me when/how to use it and to not use it every week.

Hope this didnt confuse you too much. AN does make an excellent product. So you cant go wrong using it. Your choice entirely.

enzymes are fine as long as you dont have root problems or they will feed the slime in DWC. Advanced nutes are the most over priced over advertised nutes on the market. They are a rip off IMHO. They sell like 100 products just to confuse the hell out of you and get all your money..never heard of BPN. As for the hydrogen peroxide the 3% at pharmecys&grocery stores have stabilizers in them which I read are not good for plants. What I have read is that you should use 30% food grade H2o2 and dilute it to 3%. And if you use H202 then you cant use any beneficial organisms or it will kill them. But H202 is a great medium sterilizer but it doesnt give you the HUGE colonized root ball like the bennies will. I have used both.

1. You can use the pharmacy h202 just fine. When I had a problem this grow I did.
2. Yes it kills the beneficial bacteria as well as bad. But you wont really have them to speak of in a non organic nute mix.
3. If you get the slime in dwc chances are you have a problem like res temp to hot. get it down, use h202 to kill the slime and hygrozyme will help the roots to turn this into food.

BPN is a small new company and a site sponsor here. Be on the look out. Corey knows what he's talking about and makes a fine product based on everyone's reviews here.

Back
Top Bottom