Nutrients & run off

Re: Nutrients & run off

Also dont expect HPS level yields off it, but it will be lighter on the electricity bill...

With LEDs you really get what you pay for a lot of the time though. And the really good ones are NOT cheap (like £1500+). If you want a low initial cost setup just use a standard 400W-600W hps and cool tube as Cult says. Brand is not really important with the bulb or cooltube. From what I know, digital ballast is more efficient than magnetic ballast and gets better light output from the bulbs.

Thanks for the input glaucomameds. How do u think it would do in a 1.2x1.2x2.5m? Yeah mate I seen some of the prices on leds really expensive! I'm just not sure ATM. But how effective is a 600w hps cool tube?

Dont buy cheapy leds, complete waste of money. My quasars costs 2400£ each and they are true 1000w leds. They are great but i still prefer hps.

If your gent is only 1.2x1.2m2 id go for 1 600w hps with lumi digi bqllast. Cost about 100£ for digi ballast with dimmer switch , a lumi 600w dual spec bulb and a dutch barn shade.

I wouldnt use cooltubes, they arent necessary. I grew under them for years and i will never use one again. They output less light, can have smell leaks due to extra ductwork needed and they can create a radiator like effect. All you you need is the correct extraction set up to cool the room.

£2400 each for led is expensive but defo consider in the future. I only decided for led only because it doesn't draw heat as much as hps. I already have a 600w hps bulb with shade and digital ballast (hacienda) with Dimi switch. Anyway cultivator what would you say is the best training method? Top? Lst? Super crop? Etc

Back
Top Bottom