Obama Breaks Promises On Medical Marijuana Laws

I agree, when it comes to Religion or politics, intelligence and honesty are usually the first causalities. and as MasterLynx pointed out, I am guilty, you are guilty, we are all guilty and Jim Behr is guilty ...
" What" you might say " Why is Jim guilty? "
Because Jim is obviously an intelligent guy, he writes an understandable essay of what he believes and thats a good thing. But his headline 'Obama breaks Promises' attacks Obama as if Obama was King.
If Obama was King my son wouldn't be paying 855 dollars a month for health insurance and we would not fear the feds showing up to count our plants.
One quality of a good leader is one who can put a voice to our desires, then it is really up to us to make that desire manifest.

I agree, when it comes to Religion or politics, intelligence and honesty are usually the first causalities. and as MasterLynx pointed out, I am guilty, you are guilty, we are all guilty and Jim Behr is guilty ...
Because Jim is obviously an intelligent guy, he writes an understandable essay of what he believes and thats a good thing. But his headline 'Obama breaks Promises' attacks Obama as if Obama was King.
If Obama was King my son wouldn't be paying 855 dollars a month for health insurance and we would not fear the feds showing up to count our plants.
One quality of a good leader is one who can put a voice to our desires, then it is really up to us to make that desire manifest.

Jim Behr did not write the article, he just posts them...

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Desert Dispatch, The (Victorville, CA)
Copyright: 2011 Freedom Communications, Inc.
Details: MAP: Media Directory
Author: Jacob Sullum

If the feds are still busting anyone that is in compliance with state law Obama IS Lying and has lied. You do not have to be king to control fed policy, they work for him. He can hire and fire the head of the DEA or FBI in a heart beat.

All presidents lie, even George Washington.

Here I sit all in pain, because it is illegal for me to use MMJ and reading what everyone has posted on here and I think to myself, "Why are they arguing about the past and not planning for the future". My 2 cents is that we should be planning for the up coming elections, looking at who is running for what and asking them what there views are, asking what they plan to do on the subject on the matter. We should ask the Obama about what is currently going on with all the raids, when he is campaigning, emails, phone call, banners, signs, and letters. All of this work very well BUT the thing that has and will keep us in the illegal area is that.

1. We do not ALL work together, (but we do argue with each other)
2. We allow those that use the current laws to break them. We need to police ourselves.
3. We call those people that we have tried to help us lairs and cheats when we need there help. ( You get more bees with honey than vinegar)

Lets be sure and remain on topic. That means that each reply needs to directly address the topic of Cannabis. You might notice that I did a bit of editing in this thread. There were some statements made that were just to personal. We can make our points without getting personal about it. If you feel the need to discuss politics or religion or anything else thats not directly related to Cannabis we have an off topics forum.

Thank you bluecross for your service. I'm a Vietnam era veteran myself though I was never in country.

Bill Clinton was a righteous man

Bill Clinton was no righteous man. As our first pot smoking president, he ignored the medical studies coming out in the 90's, opposed prop 215, attacked it constantly before and after it's passing, and doubled the amount of Marijuana related arrests in the country.

How can anyone justify this?

:peacetwo:

Bill Clinton was no righteous man. As our first pot smoking president, he ignored the medical studies coming out in the 90's, opposed prop 215, attacked it constantly before and after it's passing, and doubled the amount of Marijuana related arrests in the country.

How can anyone justify this?

:peacetwo:

Bill Clinton had a lot more admirable qualities than any president we have had in a long long time. And Bill didn't pretend to support our cause. He was consistent. Obama says one thing and does another. That is a point to be made during his current bid for reelection.

Bill Clinton had a lot more admirable qualities than any president we have had in a long long time. And Bill didn't pretend to support our cause. He was consistent. Obama says one thing and does another. That is a point to be made during his current bid for reelection.

Clinton is guilty of the same thing--deception. A different topic related deception but a deceiver no doubt. Also, ignoring medical data in the face of politics is another form of deception. He followed right down Nixon's path of convenient truth.

Almost everyone has admirable qualities if we look hard enough.

Almost everyone has admirable qualities if we look hard enough.

Mom said that I wasn't totally useless, I could be used as a bad example!

Your son's insurance premiums and the feds knocking at your door, are a direct result of this article and everything it entail's. The loop-hole of the signing into law, the allowance of Medical Cannabis distribution, cultivation, & usage is superseded by Federal law which was promised to be eliminated by Barrack. The fact as to whether any president has ever sat in office, and had a clean conscience is irrelevant, 'EVERY' politician has lied. Barrack is just the current, and the one that has made a name for himself on his "Promise of Change" and yet, still to this day he ignores and defends his exercise of behaviors contradicting his promises.
"...1. We 'ALL NEED TO' work together, (but we 'should' argue with each other)
"It is healthy, just argue intelligently and with a clear mind".

2. We allow those that use the current laws to break them. We need to police ourselves.
3. We call those people that we have tried to help us lairs and cheats when we need there help. ( You get more bees with honey than vinegar)..."

Medic, says it in a very agreeable manner here.
And in a sense, is a summary in different words of a post I posted earlier in this thread.
We do need to all get along, but so many of us have been screaming that for decades. "Stop crying about it and do something", is what a great deal of dads say regularly. He is correct in saying as well, thats what they want us to do. "...A disorganized pack is of no threat...", I say. If we listened to the liars, excuse me politicians, and really hold them accountable for the words they twist, we can get the laws on our side.
And, "you get more bees with honey..." I say, '...keep your friends close, but your enemies and the friends of your enemies, even closer...' or "you say more when, you say nothing at all?"
just remember "...It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen..."
'It isn't always the cover of the book that tells the story'. And, "If it appears to be to good to be true, it usually means it is..."
I'm glad glad Jim posted this thread, it seems to hit a popular spot, now if "WE" would just listen to each other instead of trying to hear something "WE" disagree with we could solve the complications we're encountering, including the UN-lawful "Terrorism" Barrack is authorizing by failing to keep his words of promise, including the outlined original posted thread.
:Namaste:

Hail to the Spleef!
Did George Washington Smoke Pot?

By HARVEY WASSERMAN

Did George Washington raise hemp? Did he smoke it? Was he gay?

The easy answers are definitely, probably, and maybe.

The questions arise with pre-publication of the shocking satire PASSIONS OF THE PATRIOTS by “Thomas Paine,” which opens with Le General in the hemp-filled embrace of his beloved Marquis de Lafayette.

As Washington’s February 22 birthday approaches, his personal habits say much about today’s America.

Like virtually every Revolutionary farmer, the Father of Our Country grew prodigious quantities of hemp. It was (is) a profitable cash crop, easy to grow, with scant demands for cultivation, watering or fertilizing. As a hardy perennial, it needs no year-after-year replanting, nor pesticides or herbicides.

Early American farmers used cannabis for cloth, rope, sails, paper and much more. At various times its cultivation has been mandatory. Kansas was virtually carpeted with it during World War Two. In today’s conversion to a Solartopian economy, the cellulose of its stems and leaves, and the oil from its seeds, could be essential for green ethanol and bio-diesel fuels.

Washington and his fellow planter/presidents Tom Jefferson and James Madison would be astonished to hear that hemp is illegal. These early chief executives would certainly have told President Obama that a re-legalized cannabis crop would mean billions of dollars in desperately needed farm revenue throughout the United States.

As for smoking, I know of no significant communication among the Founders extolling their “great weed.”

But in one of his meticulous agricultural journals, dated 1765, Washington regrets being late to separate his male hemp plants from his females. For a master farmer like George, there would be little reason to do this except to make the females ripe for smoking.

The medicinal uses of cannabis were known to the ancient Chinese. Thousands of years later, it’s inconceivable American growers would not indulge in its recreational powers.

As for Washington’s sexual preferences, his marriage to Martha was sometimes suspect. Historians joke that he did not marry her for her money, but rather for her stocks, bonds, land and slaves. In a letter to a friend, he complained that there was “not much fire between the sheets.”

Ben Franklin, the ultimate liberal, loved so many women he joked that the great miracle in his life was that he contracted no related diseases. Tom Jefferson impregnated his slave mistress Sally Hemings as many as seven times. From Andrew Jackson to Bill Clinton, American presidents have been infamous for their sexual dalliances.

George Washington did not lack for female companionship. But his deepest affections may have been for his fellow warriors. His beloved brothers in arms included Lafayette and Alexander Hamilton. Both were married with children, but both excited his strongest comradely devotion.

That the general had no biological children of his own may have been due to a fever early in his life that could have rendered him sterile.

Or maybe not. It’s hard to imagine a gay George Washington in the 1790s. But in the 1990s, things might have been different.

The modern anti-choice assault, including California’s Proposition 8, flies in the face of all Washington and the Founders dreamed of for this nation.

Today’s Puritannical “sunshine patriots” seem hell-bent on running our personal lives. But America has NEVER been about that.

Let them contemplate an image of our first president, fresh from the battlefields and the hemp fields, desperate to marry his fellow winter soldier.

Harvey Wasserman’s HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES is at www.harveywasserman.com, as is PASSIONS OF THE PATRIOTS by “Thomas Paine”. This article was originally published by The Free Press -- Independent News Media.

Remind me again how many raids did Obama direct ?
Zero .. so your headline is just a 'trick' to get readers,
or are you one of those disappointed he presented his
birth certificate ??
Like Bill M. says " All these attacks begin to look like racism."

The only thing you are doing is perpetuating racism.

Anyway, Obama is just another puppet, just like the last oh 20 or 30 presidents. They tell you what you want to hear then try and keep you busy once they get elected so you hopefully wont notice that they are doing the exact opposite.

I knew Obama was lying through his teeth long before he got elected. Within weeks of getting elected the raids commenced in California. In fact in my opinion, the Feds have been dumping more money than ever into their efforts in California.

Where I am from the intensity of these raids gets grander and grander. Several people I know through the grapevine of living in a small town just went down after almost a dozen state and federal agencies pulled off a huge operation called "Operation Cash Crop". This is an area where the majority of the busts were performed by the vastly over-equiped sheriffs department and the Fed presence was rarely seen.

They are even using Predator drones to observe and document everyone growing out there. I don't know if other agencies outside of the Military have access to these drones and would imagine that means the US Military is even in on it now.

I don't trust any politicians. There is a video on youtube, I encourage you to seek it out, I tried to find it but couldn't. Its sort of a different subject but I am using it to reiterate the point about presidents being puppets. Its every president starting with Obama going back for decades all giving the same exact speech almost down to every last word about getting off foriegn oil and energy independence. Decades of the American people being told the same thing, and yet here we are, a nation that is dependent largely on foreign oil. Diesel, which is environmentally less polluting and efficient is kept down in America except where it is absolutely necessary, typically the industrial sector and military. Diesels can be run on pure veggie oil based fuels like those made from Hemp, which is illegal to grow here. Theres a trend here. Cannabis, hemp, energy, the war on drugs, they are all related. It ultimately all goes back to Dupont and William Randolph Hearst and spiraled from there.

Obamas presidency has panned out just about how I expected it. Ron Paul has some potential it seems, but then who knows? Maybe hes just another puppet too. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed considering his announcement of the Industrial Hemp Farming Act.

I won't lie, I am very ignorant in the ways of politics... However, with how convoluted our government is, should we immediately just say he is to blame for raids? I think of it more as he failed.. I mean, he isn't the drug czar.. And political people often disagree and do things against each other... Presidents shouldn't make promises at all, they are all lies.. There are to many people involved with getting any one thing done for them to be able to promise anything WILL be done.

Honestly after I heard about raids when he became president I kind of thought the increase was a RESULT of him saying he would lower the priority... It prolly pissed off the DEA who I think would take it as an attack on their function.. Those guys hate us for some reason.. Our freedom is a joke to them, and it is literally their job to take it away..

I don't like or dislike Obama, I am indifferent. Most of my news is gained from this site honestly.. So I really have no clue what he has been up to as president..

I know its nice to have some "one" to blame, but I really think its our DEA's leaders to blame. As long as they have their jobs, I don't think they will pay attention to any head of state if its something like "hey, lower the priority". It would have to be a very firm "HEY, Medical Cannabis is legal, so SIT ON IT".

And with all the lobbyists, and the virtually unknown senators and congress people who supposedly represent us... I just feel like its not fair to single one person out when they are ALL to blame...

Now before anyone calls me a Obama lover or whatever, let me say I dislike ALL politicians who's job is being a politician... Its ridiculous, they should have a real job first. They should get a real point of view, and some values. Live an actual working life. They should be one of us if they are to represent us. Its offensive that anyone would go into the job of politicking solely. It should be honest people who only go into it later to make a real difference.

Furthermore, they shouldn't make more than the average american. Whatever the median average pay is for someone in their state is... They should get less. No perks, no extras... Just enough to live. And if they take ANY donations from companies or special interests.. All their assets should be seized. Being a politician should be dangerous for them, to keep their intentions pure and bad guys OUT.

I don't know. I feel like the government acts how my blood relatives are.. I don't ever know who is to blame for dishonesty, because so many of them say one thing and do another... Then blame each other to the point that its like.. Whats the point? I can't single out one to blame because collectively they ALL suck and are ALL to blame.

So... I have an idea. I say we fire EVERYONE in washington. All of them, every last one. And all the new people coming in need background checks, their entire lives should be completely public for EVERY american so we know who they REALLY are. Not only that, if they are friends with anyone who was previously in any office, they cannot get the job. If they so much as just had lunch once with someone who was in office, NO GO.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, I am so tired. I haven't heard from my fiancee in like three weeks since she went to basic and cant sleep.. Man, if I didn't have this forum I would have gone insane. You all have become my family guys! Seriously, I love you all.

If I am missing something as to why Obama is so bad please educate me. But to me it just seems like he never had the power to do what he said in the first place. It just makes him your average politician.

PS. I think we can all agree that either the Old Med Man or 420 should be president!:)

Woah slow down there turbo. We need to charge Obama with treason too then. Because he just signed us up for 4 more years of the Patriot Act bullshit.

Patriot Act signed by President Autopen | Crave - CNET

Oh yeah and he didn't even sign it in person. He was on the otherside of the world. Ain't that cute.
That was from Odin in "Just my Two Cents"

So I guess he is bad news! I should really watch the news, but its so depressing!

Back
Top Bottom