Obtaining beans?

BigSwole90

So heres the thing. Over the last few years I have used local beans to successfully grow. Believe it or not, from being beans from random bags of some pretty good herbs, they actually turn out quite well. Not the best, but hey better than nothing. I really want to step my game up since I feel I am now more experienced and order some QUALITY beans. I have read tons of forums where people say it is fairly safe, and they will just take the beans if caught. Where I am at, they actually discontinued international visa cards which everyone was recommending to use. I would GREATLY appreciate any tips for which websites, and strategies of ordering which would be the safest route? Thanks!! :peace:

I tried ordering from two vendors....Both transactions once I hit "pay" gave me the message your banking institution will not allow this sale.

2 days later I get a letter from bank saying my card will be shut off and a new one will be mailed to you as visa reported it as a no go.

Apparently my credit union/visa does not allow international purchases from some of the vendors.

Hope you get better luck than I did.

Heady,

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you tried using your visa bank card? I have read that since 2012, most international orders have been blocked using VISA. I found a few that will allow me to use my bank transfer to transfer money to them. I really need to figure this out. I am iffy about sending cash through mail.

When I bought my seeds a year ago I used a US Bank Credit Card and at first it was denied. I called the bank and they said that all international transactions are intially denied and require the customer to call them to clear the transaction. They also said that in the future when I wanted to make additional international charge(s), that I could call them prior to the charge(s) and then it/they would not be denied. BTW, although I bought the seeds from the Netherlands, the bank charge was from China and went through without a hitch as did the seed delivery.

Thanks Colorado and grats on your harvest I followed awhile back! I found a site that allows western union, which is a great option. Will be giving it a shot soon. Gonna make a small order first so I don't lose too much money!

All i ever had to do was call the bank to let them know I was making a transaction out of the US. I just keep them on the phone when I hit the pay button and the approve it right away.

Thanks for the great info! I want to go with Nirvana but they only accept Visa. I only have MasterCard. Any suggestions for another site that's good?

Any of the sponsors are solid reputable companies to order from. How you can make a purchase varies by sponsor, some do bank transfers, some accept cash/certified check, others take cards.

As for freebies, I think most, if not all the sponsors have free seeds. Some you need to spend a certain amount, others you get free seeds with every order. The freebie strains are always changing too, so you usually won't get the same freebies as last time. Take a look around their websites, I guarantee you'll find one that you like.

I have 3 orders with one of them already, and all 3 orders received without problems.

Hey Antics, I am stuck in the middle of nowhere. There is not a grow supply house within 100 miles of me. I have to order everything on-line. If you don't mind my asking where are you ordering seeds from? Thanks for any help you may be able to give me. I am in a learning mode. That means I am a newbie and trying to improve. Keep it green.

Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
Benjamin Franklin

I ordered seeds from Herbies, 3 separate orders, and no problems with any of them.

Next time it's time to order I'll be checking through the list of sponsors to see who has some strains I want to try.

As for growing supplies, I've ordered online as well, but mostly because I really hate the insanity of shopping.

And enjoy learning while it lasts. By the end of your first grow, you'll be the one giving advice, not asking for it. Cannabis has a very steep learning curve. You learn a lot, and you learn fast!

One thing I have learned over the last few years is to follow the KISS method. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID! I got all these crazy ideas, LETS TRY THIS AND THAT ect. Once I got over that and got the right medium, light, and feeding schedule down, its second nature. Now all I am missing is just some quality seeds :smokin:. Any recommendations on strains from Herbies? I love me a good energetic head high.

Also, thank you SO much for the herbies recommendation. I am really digging the fact that if you spend about 100$ you get some more feminized random seeds. That is awesome.

Have bought from the Attitude recently. They have some kind of additional online step with Visa to help authenticate the transaction. Just make sure you put in your info exactly as on file. I got kicked out because of a typo and had to make a call to fix it.

Thanks finkelroy! I will try them next. For now I am going to order from Herbies when I get my paycheck next week. Heres the list of strains I will be purchasing.

-Heavyweight Fruit Punch (Apparently a highly potent sativa)
-Super Lemon Haze
-Jock Horror
-Pure Kush

+ All the freebies which include a couple feminized.

If anyone has any experience with strains that they truly enjoyed, I would like to hear =) Keep in mind everything I am doing is in soil.

Back
Top Bottom