Odorous' 2nd Tent Grow - Hindu Kush

aw shit funnystyly, totally forgot! I still have some from last grows n i was going to use it n everything... next watering for sure ;) good lookin out!

Tmac: Yeah... Yeah.. O yeah, What condition my condition was in!! :Rasta: Thanks bro and welcome! Should be a good time!

-O

Welcome Van Diesel: Hey dude thanks for stoppin in! yeah t5's ftw. As far as transplanting goes, I didn't really "bust open" the rootballs, but I did break em up a LITTLE bit.. Not a lot, but when I watered, I really watered a lot right over them to kinda loosen up the roots a little. They were pretty dry <woopz>.

I would suggest trying busting 'em open next time, or at least a couple out of a batch to compare. I try to break the bottom root mass into 3-4 parts, pulling out from the middle, also, I really like to water the soil b4 putting the transplantee in, just wetting where the roots will make contact and slightly more, then when the plant is in and soil packed around the sides water a ring around the seam from the new soil/old soil, but not much more. This method I think really encourages fast growth/spread of roots in the new environment. Thats my 2 cents on transplanting anyway.
Aloha

I would suggest trying busting 'em open next time, or at least a couple out of a batch to compare. I try to break the bottom root mass into 3-4 parts, pulling out from the middle, also, I really like to water the soil b4 putting the transplantee in, just wetting where the roots will make contact and slightly more, then when the plant is in and soil packed around the sides water a ring around the seam from the new soil/old soil, but not much more. This method I think really encourages fast growth/spread of roots in the new environment. Thats my 2 cents on transplanting anyway.
Aloha

this is interesting...... and yea O superthrive works wonders! :morenutes:

DAY 31

Alright so now that they fluffed back up, start to LST again... theyve caught up to the light for the most part again, which is a good thing. All the different sizes of them made it hard to have the light only an inch or 2 away from ALL of them at once ya kno?..

420_108.jpg

k so this is one still in the small pots. retied all the shoots away from the center, lots of potential growth in there ya? well see how it works out

420_110.jpg

this is the one that didnt have enuf dirt to fill the bucket :/ ... doing fine tho!

heres a couple shots after I retied everything:
420_1091.jpg

420_1121.jpg

420_113.jpg

Not all of them are tied down tho... maybe its just too far to reach that one in the back :scratchinghead: .................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 32

K so all that up there ^^^ is from yesterday.. heres some pics as of today with some reflecting the adaptation to the LST

YESTERDAY AFTER TIE-DOWN
420_1111.jpg

THIS MORNING
420_1161.jpg

And heres just some random green shots ;)
420_1151.jpg

420_1141.jpg

Soooo how long should I veg these suckers... hmmmm... I was even thinking this (just cuz it would be easiest.). Take the 2 small pots, put them in veg/mom room and transplant into big pots, and keep them in 24/0 light cycle. Rape them for clones :slide: .. By the time the clones actually ROOT and are good to show sex, it'll be well into the flower cycle of all these girls so once clones survive, throw them in the flower chamber and *HOPE* one of them is a girl. Hang on to its mama for a suga mama lol

We'll see tho. I've got a lot of vertical room, yeah, but its going to be SCROG so like its not like theyre going to get that much height over the screen ya know. plus its only a 400w so im not going to get them that tall. Last time i flowered like about day 40 (relative to size, it was dwc so it was actually day like 25 or so lol)

Either way, Stay tuned ya'll!

-O

DAY 36

Sorry been slackin yall... been working a lot more + school, I'm sure you understand ;)

Bought a can fan and can filter =)

I decided to flip em 2 nights ago simply because it was the only time I had to setup the fan/filter/light. (which turned out to be one of the most G*ddamn frustrating things I've done in a long time. FUCK flex ducting...) I tried using clamps for all the flex ducting, after that didn't work for about an hour or so, I switched to duct tape. Shit works like a charm even tho it looks ghetto as hell??

So these pics were taken right after I set it all up, 2 nights ago 10/26 (so this right now is actually day 38)

Here's the setup: the ventilation path is filter/light/fan/out thru the roof.
420_1171.jpg

420_1191.jpg

lol this fans so strong, when I zip up the tent, all the walls go concave as shit haha Some serious sucking power!!!! <Tim the Toolman Taylor grunt>

And here are the kids:
420_1181.jpg

They look a lil sketchy in this pic, they had been sitting in the hallway without a lot of light for about 4 hours or so, so they got all droopy. Keep in mind theyre coming from a 24/0 light cycle.

Today they look tons better and 2 lifted their skirts n showed my Female, So 2/8 confirmed.

ALSO: Set up a little area away from this with the 2 plants that were still in little pots. Transplanted them into these big ones then put them under one of the t5s 24/0 light cycle. Soon as they get adapted, I'm going to take clones from them and put em in the flower chamber n see what sex they are. If theyre both male, I'm afraid this line of hindukush is gonna be outta commission.... I MAY try to take a clipping from one of these I jus put into flower that i KNOW are female just to be sure but idk...

I'll update with more pics and more updated ones a litttle later.

Stay tuned-

-O

They are looking great dude! and congrats on the first two girls! Cool you got the fan and filter! Couple questions- are you going to leave the filter on the floor or raise it up at some point? Where is the air intake for the room in relation to the filter? Whats the cfm of the fan? Do you have it on a short cycle timer?

MountainHigh:hey thanks dude!!!

VanDiesel: thanks you sir!.. dunno where ima put the fan tho, first time I've had one.. I've got a lotta shit hangin from the ceiling of this tent, it scares me sometimes.. not sure how interested ill be in hanging the filter from it too.............. this tents a little old skool, nowhere for me to mount the fan on it, let alone filter, just velcro to hold wires.

In relation to the filter the holes are all along the bottom of the tent.. so yeah its not exchanging the air in the top half of the tent anywhere near as much as the bottom but that shouldnt be an issue since theres nuthin really up there. This way, as well, its pulling a lot fresh air directly to the plants ya?

And for a timer, I wanted to ask. Since I've never had one, the hydro store told me to keep it on 24/7... Now of course when they start smelling, Ima need to run it pretty damn close to 24/7 but can i cut it back a little now while theyre just starting to flower now?..

What are you guyss cycle on the fan?

What I have read on the subject is that thru the flower cycle plant will generally use enough CO2 in 5 minutes (in a closed environment) to to turn the air too oxygen rich, but if the air is flushed every 4.5-5 min with ~1.5 the overall volume (my room volume is about 400cubic foot, my fan is 424cfm, so I run my fan ~1.5 minutes every 5 minutes) then everything is cherry and you reduce the electric use by a good bit (I have 2 6"ers with mine, and we pay the highest for electric in the nation I think, so every little bit helps). For smell, I dont believe there is much if any difference by letting it accumulate for a few minutes before running thru the filter. If you are ever interested search for repeat cycle timers aka short cycle timers. They are a little more expensive that the standard lighting timers, but they give you to set the "on" cycle down to just a few seconds, and the off as low as around 30 sec up to hours.
Is there a way you could hang a chain or rope from the ceiling above the tent to either reinforce the tent support or actually come thru and hang from. You're likely right that it wont make too much difference, but for piece of mind I do like to have a full room flush, plus I need to dump the heat that way. Maybe just keep in mind and stick with the if it aint broke dont fix it for now....lol
peace

well as far as a cycle of like 1.5 every 5, That could work, but my lights hot as hell cuz its a small tent (only 3x3x6) so i NEED it on for the 12 hours that my lights on nonstop... but im thinking maybe ill cut it in half the rest of the time tho.. ive got a spare timer that goes down to like 15 min or so so i could at least half it for the dark period.

and no, theres no way i could give it any sort of top support unfortunately. its good with what its holding now. if i wanna raise the carbon filter up, i can just stack on something like a stool.

thanks for all the info brother!

DAY 38

Not much more to say.. tried taking pix of the girls liftin their skirt but it didnt really show...

420_1201.jpg

420_121.jpg

420_122.jpg

420_1231.jpg

I see a couple in there that I suspect to be male that I will be keeping under close supervision.. as soon as I know more about the female situation, I'll letchya know

-O

well ive got bad news, and ive got so-so news.

Bad news: out of 8 tent plants, 5 are male and already out. leaving 3 female.
So-so news: the 2 plants in the closet that i wanted to keep as moms started to flower lol... theyre both female.

So tomorrow i'm going to try and take a shit load of clone cuttings and put these 2 in flower so ill have 5 total in there. Whatta yall know about cloning in early flower?...

-O

Back
Top Bottom