Odorous' 2nd Tent Grow - Hindu Kush

well ive got bad news, and ive got so-so news.

Bad news: out of 8 tent plants, 5 are male and already out. leaving 3 female.
So-so news: the 2 plants in the closet that i wanted to keep as moms started to flower lol... theyre both female.

So tomorrow i'm going to try and take a shit load of clone cuttings and put these 2 in flower so ill have 5 total in there. Whatta yall know about cloning in early flower?...

-O

Sorry to hear you came out heavy on the male side, but you can do a lot with 3 good girls (and those look very good) so I'm sure you'll come out great in the end!!
Are you sure the ones in the closet are truly moving/moved into flower cycle? Its really not uncommon for plants to manifest their sex under 18-24 hour lighting but still remain in veg cycle, so still be good for moms. If its truly shifted into flower cycle (not super likely if you got them from a reputable bank and they weren't bred to auto) then cloning will likely be difficult to impossible. Thats my experience anyway.
Aloha

You can clone in early flower quite easily. Just clip enough of the veg to hold a couple nodes. Then remove the flower after 5 days. It will act like a topped plant and grow 2 new colas

You can clone in early flower quite easily. Just clip enough of the veg to hold a couple nodes. Then remove the flower after 5 days. It will act like a topped plant and grow 2 new colas

Sorry brother, but I humbly (but fully) disagree given what he is saying. He has two plants that were in a closet under 24 hr light, they showed their sex. This means one of two things- it could be showing its sex, but not actually changing to a true flower cycle (not uncommon); if it has begun a true flower cycle under 24 hr light it is an autoflower, and while you may be able to get clones to live from autos, they dont revert back to veg and so are fairly useless.
so scenario one, its not really flowering but just showing its sex- there is no rush to clone, he can keep them vegging as moms as planned and clone when needed. this is why I asked if he was sure that it was in true flower cycle
scenario two, its auto and there is no point in trying to clone. this is why I said if its really flowering now it would be difficult to impossible (regardless of if its early flowering or not)
:peacetwo:

sorry guys, if anyones still in. Been busy as hellll dont even have time to give you a good update right now but this ones for el pape, here you go.

DAY 48

this is from 2 weeks ago, remember, 3 girls in flower, 2 in closet as mother plants

420_1261.jpg

420_1251.jpg

420_1271.jpg

420_1281.jpg

420_1292.jpg

420_1301.jpg

STOCK PLANTS VEG ROOM

420_1321.jpg

420_1331.jpg

BTW, i forget whose post said it, i think it was diesel, but yeah they jus showed sex and returned right to veg. Rad.

and heres from 10 minutes ago... GETTING THER!!!

DAY 64

420_1341.jpg

420_1351.jpg

420_1361.jpg

420_1371.jpg

420_1381.jpg

420_1391.jpg

420_1401.jpg

^^^ this ones the only whose hairs have turned to amber/brown from white so far.. like at all. everything else is all still pure whiteish. and its not even a top bud? kinda lower, but not the lowest either.... hm idk

420_1411.jpg

420_1421.jpg

420_1431.jpg

and thats that. So only a couple weeks left! pretty fucking exciting, this is a good grow. been using foxfarms nutes, and beastie blooms for about 2 weeks. gonna use chaching next watering. sorry i left yall hangin!!!!

-O

Whats up Odorous? Just got cought up on the journal, looks like your still going to do great with the 3 girls. Im starting my first grow in about a week. Keep it up bro, im in for the ride!!!!

the one bud that the hairs changed on most likely the reason is simply it got bumped or maybe you squeezed it.. that is usually just a sign of brusing like an apple would.. especially if its only that bud

Welcome Twitch! lemme know if youve got any questions brother, starting to get this stuff down now.

yeah van things are sweet. your harvest was dope too man!!! i checked it out but never letchya know, shits sweet bro, cant wait to do the same here!

problemchild: hm never heard of that but sounds right. dunno what couldve happened to it tho...... thanks for the input!

took 20 clones from moms, and set up veg room, pics to come.

420_1451.jpg

420_1461.jpg

420_1481.jpg

i took some pretty big cuttings.. not sure if theyre gonna work but i took 20, why not try?... the only issue is is that theyre too tall for the dome, thas why i have the phup and phdown in there to hold it up.. might jus take em out, well see

420_1471.jpg

DAY 69(lol)

SEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!11

dunno how really.. i cleaned everything, cept for that green fan. after this grow, i will clean everything thats in the tent right now for flower, and just get rid of the 2 fans in there. probably spray the carbon filter with a light bleach/water combo too. pulled em out to look for male flowers but didnt see any ... heres the pics tho!

this is all from the plant in front->
420_1491.jpg

420_1501.jpg

420_1511.jpg

420_1521.jpg

420_1531.jpg

now this is all from plant in back right-->
420_154.jpg

420_156.jpg

420_157.jpg

and these are all back left (my fav)-->
420_158.jpg

420_159.jpg

420_160.jpg

420_161.jpg

420_162.jpg

haha they look like a buncha sour patch buds!!!

someone give me an idea of how long you think weve got left?? 2 weeks? 1 week?... i find more n more seeds by the day is the shitty part... i wanna harvest now just to stop them =/

the last set of pics, the one in back left, has no seeds on it that i can see, which IS a good thing..

also all clones are doing fine, but none with a real SOLID root structure, tho i did peek in at most of em and they are all starting to form roots =)

-O

Those are some pretty ladies~~ If you are seeing seed, they were pollinated awhile back. Might not be any obvious male flowers now. At this point I would try and get some mature seed. Not positive but the female probably threw a nanner and pollinated herself. So hopefully the seeds would be feminized>>> but I could be wrong. Might have pollinated some other way.

hey budd looking great!!! sorry to hear about the seeds! when the hairs on your buds start changing orange or amber all the way up to the top cola you know your plants are ready for 2 weeks of flush so when the hairs change you got two weeks left

I don't go by hairs because White Widow does not get red hairs. You have to go by the trichomes. I like to pick em when the trichs are all cloudy and some have turned amber. But if you've been pollinated and have seeds, the trichs will stay the same and the plant won't get any more potent. All of its energy is diverted to making seeds which is why schwagg sucks. If you see seeds and don't want them to mature (ie. your not gonna use em), you might as well chop it now.

10-20% amber trichs is the magic number unless you want some severe couch lock effects. Then 50-60% amber is your harvest time for sensi.

yes herbs is right check trichs too but thats so you know when to cut you still need an indicator when to flush and that is the hairs...i believe this is a hindu kush grow not white window anyway

Back
Top Bottom