Okay all set to place seeds in Coco, one more question, honest

dakotamoon

Canna Coco all ready to go, seeds popped .. tails about 3" long! I have gotten so much advice on the next step that my head is spinning. What I had planned was .. just putting my seeds into the Coco with Mycorrhizae and root starter - into a 4 gallon pot with Coco! First few feedings very low ppm and ph'd to 5.8 or so!

So many people are telling me, no just get some rockwell cubes - and place the seeds in them.

Any opinions appreciated.

1st off, start a journal, easier for peeps ta help ya

Don't do rockwool , to easy for a new grower to drown and kill yer babies, I love root riot cubes, much better I think

As a new grower I'd suggest the process that is more successful than straight into the Coco, meaning, water, paper towels, once a tap root, go into a small, controllable container like a solo, or straight into big one, yer call at that point

Good luck

Thanks Chris, I didn't want to get into the Rockwell cubes yet, later on when I try cloning, I plan to check them out, but have had just too many "variables" lately. With my soil grow - I did put seeds in solo cup, but this time - with the Coco grow - I may use 2 solo cups, and 2 planted in final pot. I have the seeds now in coffee filters.. very nice tap roots showing up.. about 1" long now.. so they will probably be planted tomorrow. Thanks again.

First read my how to grow in coco with feed schedule thread. Everythin you need to know is there.
Its a bad idea to go into a 4gal pot from seed, roots will be compromised and veg will take forever. pot seedling deirect into coco in 0.5 or 1litre pot with some mycorrhizae and i veg nute mix of 0.6ec or 250-300ppm to charge the medium.

Thanks, cultivator! The runoff from the coco (with distilled water in) is at 200ppm, will that effect the above starting nutes?

I would never use distilled water for watering, very long story .. the last coco that I had was killing plants - and I finally pegged it to the ppm of the coco which was 1700ppm. So I wanted to test the new coco to see what it's ppm is - and with distilled water in - it's 200 ppm out in the runoff! It was strictly for an experiment to prove what my last problems were.

So my question again, the coco is already at 200 ppm, so would that affect the measurements You listed above?

Thanks

how was it 1700ppm? what brand was it or where did you get it? sounds like it wasnt prepped and still full of salt. 200ppm is nothing really. you must precharge your coco. Its a hydroponic medium so what you put through is what it will carry. Alaso run off doesnt aways tell the tale. Just make sure you feed nutes every day and never water until its time to start flushing whic h is generally 10-14days before harvest, less if on really lighgt nutes.

I repeat myself alot so take alot at my how to thread. everything you need is there and if you get stuck i will answer questions there so everyone can see.

Back
Top Bottom