Oldmanjj's First Run, Soil

Update:

Skunk hero chopped and drying. The smell was strong, citrusy and just plain amazing.

This one was a dream. Easy Trim, large frosty buds that are nice and dense. This plant filled 2 trays on my 3' drying rack and I'm expecting a great haul here.

This one was the runt that I tried to kill. She ended up being an amazing plant with fantastic yield. I am kicking myself for not taking clones off her......

Chocolope chopped and drying. This one stunk. I didn't like the smell at all. Almost like fumes from some type of fuel or thinner.

This one was a pain. It was packed pretty tight with cylinder shaped nodes that needed to be moved out of the way to trim. The yield won't be that great on this one, 5oz if I'm lucky. There were too many buds that didn't develop properly under the canopy, they ended up in the shake bag to make edibles.

Unless the smoke is amazing, this plant won't make it back into my tent.

Only one of the original 7 plants remain in the big tent, Purple Kush. She is taking her time for sure. There are still a ton of white pistols all over the place and the trichomes are screaming at me to wait. This Friday it will be 11 weeks since flip for her.

Now that one side of my tent is clear, the 3 girls in the 5x5 were moved to the main tent to finish flowering. We did a heavy defoliation to them last weekend. We learned a ton from the first 7 and are hoping to have less small buds. The defoliation should help with that and let them concentrate on the main bud sites. At least, we think (hope) so.

Update:

Skunk Hero 8.4 oz jarred with another 2 oz shake/trim from the bottom of my trimmer.

Chocolope 5.2 oz jarred with another 1.3 oz shake/trim from the bottom of the trimmer.

Purple kush was chopped and trimmed yesterday. This one was very sticky. The bud structure was tightly packed but delicate. Had to be really careful trimming. It was one of the worst ones to trim. If I had to guess, it will yield about 6-7 oz.

Smoke report - As it's been 25 years since I smoked, I had other seasoned smokers test it. Let's be honest, it would all probably be good for me!

Power Plant - Strong heady buzz - some liked it some didn't.
Critical Mass - Great all around buzz.
White Cookies - Fantastic buzz, a little heady at first. Kind of creeps on you. This is a fan favorite!
Blueberry - Great smell, great night time buzz for falling asleep.
Skunk Hero - Strong, long lasting buzz. Heady until the very end.
Chocolope - I didn't get an explanation other than 2 thumbs up so far.

I will do a total haul once everything is jarred along with the remaining smoke report. I expect the smoke reports to be even better after the bud has sat in a jar for a month.

Update:

Purple Kush is jarred - 7.2 oz., PK trim is still in a paper bag.

Total Haul:
Purple Kush 7.2
White Cookies 7.1
Critical Mass 7.5
Power Plant 6.2
Blueberry 6.4
Chocolope 5.2
Skunk Hero 8.4
3 lbs. of bud

7.1 oz. trim

By the time all is said and done, 3 lbs. 9 oz.

Not bad for a couple of noobs! Couldn't have done it without the help and support of this great community!!

Final Update:

Total Haul:
Purple Kush 7.2
White Cookies 7.1
Critical Mass 7.5
Power Plant 6.2
Blueberry 6.4
Chocolope 5.2
Skunk Hero 8.4
3 lbs. of bud

9.3 oz. trim

3lbs 9.3 oz!! Damn, I can't even begin to think about smoking all of that!!

Here is the haul, most will be cured for 4 weeks around Thanksgiving. I will be doing a bud trade and trial with my brother, it should be fun!

@420 Please mark this journal as complete!

Thanks to all who helped me through this run, on to the next one!

Back
Top Bottom