One Pollen Shakin' PotChimp!

Damn :straightface:
Totals so far: 818 Headband x Grand Daddy Purple - (3) females, Super Lemon Haze x DJ Short's Blueberry - (3) females, GDP x GDP (less haired pheno) - (1) male; (1) undetermined, GDP x GDP (more haired pheno) - (2) female, (1) undetermined.

That rules out any breeding out of the SLH x Blueberry this time around. One GDP male isn't much to choose from either. It would be great if the last 2 plants were a male more haired pheno and a female less haired pheno. But there's how this grow is so far; 6-9 females going under the 600 watt HPS, and 2-3 breeding plants going into the locker unit. Post more pics soon.

In a few days these are going under the 600 watt HPS:

0061601.JPG

I'm going to water these today. I'll post pics and more info as soon as I see what those last two plants are.

A 125 watt CFL doesn't exactly put out hedges, so I'm gonna leave the 3 parent plants I choose (GDP male, GDP female, and 818 Headband x GDP female) in the 1 gallon grow bags. I just chopped a mother plant out of that unit before this in a 2 gallon pot, and it didn't need anywhere near that much soilless. I washed the whole unit and everything in it out, but I want to get cleaned up and get some of the day past me before I do the transfer. That'll give the last 8 more room for the last few days before the unit switch for them. I got a free seed grow I didn't think would do too good under 4 T5s, but they're starting to get big and I have to move them under a bigger light (200 watt CFL; 18/6). Post more pics soon.

I just started following your journal. Are you looking for a Male for breading? or all the plant are going to be crossed? Im also gonna do some breeding experiments.

:passitleft:

I just started following your journal. Are you looking for a Male for breading? or all the plant are going to be crossed? Im also gonna do some breeding experiments.

:passitleft:

Yes this is a double breeding I'm doing here. I got lucky and got me a second male to choose from this morning (the second less haired phenotype of GDP x GDP was a male too). I'm doing Grand Daddy Purple f2, and (818 Headband x GDP) x GDP. I now have all three plants in the small unit to breed out, and the rest will be getting transplanted to 2 gallon pots this weekend then moved under a 600 watt HPS.

I like this grow too :)
I have a locker that I use for pollinations which has an odor controlled airflow unit and a CFL hanging reflector (works great for this). I'm using a 125 watt red spectrum CFL in it now which is adequate for the 2-1/2 sq. ft. area, but I've used a 200 watt in it before with no problems. In the rear of this pic is the father for these plants (GDP x GDP; less haired pheno), in the middle is one of the mothers (GDP x GDP; more haired pheno), and in the front is the second mother (818 Headband x GDP):

0012177.JPG

I'll be putting the other 7 plants in 2 gallon pots and culling the only other male in the next day or two. I need to get the 600 watt unit set up to put them in. Post more pics soon.

I have a plastic cup that holds about 12 oz of fluid I've been using to water and feed these, but they've exceeded the size that 12 oz of water will sustain even for a full day. Knowing I have the transplant to do tomorrow, I decided to water them all in with one of the plastic cups full of RO water and then follow with a second plastic cup using hydrolyzed fish fertilizer at half strength and the additives listed previously with my feedings. I'm going to do a full feeding with the transplant. You can see the wilt; this is before the watering/feeding today, and I watered these yesterday:

0022146.JPG

As soon as these are in the other unit, I'll post another pic of the setup.

Here are the 3 mother plants I chose (GDP x GDP male - back, GDP x GDP female - middle, 818 x GDP female - front). I fed them the flowering mix I listed previously after I took this pic:

0051815.JPG

See the damage on the main stem just below the top on this GDP x GDP female?

0061606.JPG

My thumbnail went through it when I supercropped; I noticed when the apical meristem started to curl up..... :(
Oh well I'll probably need to top these anyway.

My lazy a$$ still hasn't culled that male :) but it's not mature enough to spread any pollen; I'm not worried about it. Here they are again under the 600 watt HPS showing little signs of flowering yet (the SLH x Blueberry plants are the taller ones on the right):

0041934.JPG

I did feed them last night, though. I'll take another pic in a few days to see if it put some green in those somewhat pale leaves.

Back
Top Bottom