Only Five Blade Leaves?

RKK420

Got a blue dream and platinum bubba clone that I've been vegging for little bit over two weeks and it's only producing five blade leaves. This normal? I've seen other plants that usually have 7 or 9 should i wait longer or does it even matter? Thanks for your time
20150601_174014.jpg

Also they already have female pistils growing in some spots they are 19 lights on 5 off that normal? No mess ups in schedule either sorry for the noob questions first time grow here just want it to be successful.

Yep, both things are perfectly normal, yet strain dependent, as Antics mentioned. I only grow 2 strains, and one had up to 9 blades, and the other had a max of 5, under the same conditions.

As for the pistols, they are mainly an indicator of your plants sexual maturity. Since you bought clones, they are as old as the mother they came from, so they are mature. They usually pop up by your new growth, so you have nothing to worry about!

UpdatE just transplanted my platinum bubba to bigger pot with eb stone potting soil will transplant blue dream in few days. Just wanted to do them different days so I can better keep an eye on one and not make any mistakes twice my first grow so just trying to learn. Eb stone soil added perlite and brand new clean bucket 6.5 ph water going in and out. Here's a pic of her new home.... will grow after these in a pure cfl indoor soil setup any advice would be great or good Grow boxes i can buy for a simple two or three plant cfl setup in house no stealth needed here. ... thanks for reading
20150604_162434.jpg
20150604_191547.jpg

UPDATE ok so recently started flowering day three I start flowering day when i st AR t seeing it budding OK so i switched from fox farm grow big to tiger bloom. Just recently these yellowing leaves started f forming on my platinum bubba?? Ph is 6.5 when watering is it nitrogen? Any ideas?
20150629_190248.jpg
20150629_190305.jpg

Well I hate to see this go unanswered... I'm not completely sure from the pictures, but it looks like you may have some pests. I don't know if they're mites or thrips (or even something else), but I'd do a little research. All those little white spots on the fan leaves aren't good.

As for the yellowing: it's kind of in an odd pattern, which makes me think it is either due to the pests or a deficiency. Your pH sounds fine for soil. They still need some nitrogen for the first 2-3 weeks, so that may be your issue. Did you cut the grow big nutrient out completely, and are you following a feeding schedule of some sort?

Check out the feeding schedule on this sticky to give you something decent to reference:
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Pick them off by hand and drop them into a cup with a little iso at the bottom to kill them. Then spray with an organic pesticide like: Stir together 1 quart of water, 1 tsp of liquid dish soap and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Spray mixture onto plants. Go back in 24 hours and inspect the plant for bugs. If there are any on the plant, either repeat with the same mixture or try:

insecticidal soap,
crush garlic and mix with water and spray on the plant,
Mix 1 cup of vegetable or white mineral oil with 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of bleach-free dish soap and spray on the plant
Pyrthrin spray

inspect and spray every 24 hours until they you don't see one for two or three days. Keep inspecting everyday for a week. If you see any returning, use the spray again.

Aphid control is nothing to procrastinate. They seem to show up in heards overnight and can suck the life out of a plant in a matter of days if their colony gets large enough.

Back
Top Bottom