Ontario Med Grow. Therapeutic Value. Self Reliant Med Supply How To?

LST Colas and Tric Production

I always thought of a cola as the main flower cluster at the top of any stem. Often plants will have just one.

LST or Topping will cause the side branches to make an attempt to become THE ONE. I usually top my plants ONCE. I like to have 4-6 side branches which I usually tie in a manner that stretches them out from the center. The result will be to open up the center of the plant to get light deeper into the canopy. I'll have a pretty good pic of this when I update my journal this week. I strive to keep the top of the canopy even.

Tric production in my rather limited experience is primarily dependent on strain, after that, the plant health, light, heat and humidity levels all seem to play a role. I've seen Sativa's that didn't start production till 5 or 6 weeks into flower.

Good Luck Ontario...

Re: LST Colas and Tric Production

I'll have a pretty good pic of this when I update my journal this week. I strive to keep the top of the canopy even.

Tric production in my rather limited experience is primarily dependent on strain, after that, the plant health, light, heat and humidity levels all seem to play a role. I've seen Sativa's that didn't start production till 5 or 6 weeks into flower.

Good Luck Ontario...

I look forward to those pics amigo..

I'm very interested in the differences in the strains as they grow, taking lots of notes on my two at the moment.

I am considering more strains next time but a lot of that will depend if there are MAJOR differences in requirements such as watering and feeding schedules etc

Right now I have been treating the sativa and indica dominant strains exactly the same way but haven't noticed any real differences at the moment tho am only 3 weeks into flower so from here on in could see the biggest differences I guess?

:thumb:

I pulled my mother plant, I had to of stressed it out and it seeded itself, either that or I brought pollen into the room on my hands from rolling one out of a hermie bagweed batch, is this possible?? She was just going into her sixth week, I have been drying her out, I wish I wouldn't have pulled it, I would of rather had seedy strong weed than week thc weed. oh well live and learn right? Thanks for all the help, I will post some pics of the clones in that are now in there 2nd week of flower, they look good and I haven't seen any signs of seed pods or male organs on these girls. Is it totally possible that I caused that hermie to happen? I think temp changes and light leaks were the cause, but we'll see how the others fair. ttyl

here are some new pics of the clones that have been in flower now for 2wks

I'm going to let these girls finish even if they start seeding up, the mother to these ones was taken down at wk 5 of flowering because she had seeds starting and I didn't want it to happen to the rest, so we'll see how it goes. The smoke from the mom wasn't too bad considering it's early. I have trained these plants so that they don't get too tall, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I use shultz bloom fertilizer, it's a powder that you add to waterings, I usee that 8wks is a good flowering period, anyone else have any different opinions? The girls are under a 1000watt hps set about 20in. above the canopy, should I use a screen above the plants to focus on the canopy? Temps with light on are about 78 deg. without at night it sometimes can fall to 63-68, is that ok?? I mean everything is still growing nicely, k peace ppl

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom