Perpetual, Sustainable And Affordable Way To Self Supply Your Herb

Chrondocious

I've decided to start a new journal, to hopefully explain how I do my thing, and provide enough smoke for my own, and my wife's personal use. I know for some, all the info out there, can be overwhelming, and a bit shady. I've developed this style, mainly because I have a family, and I cannot devote a ton of time, or money to my garden. I need to be stealthy to keep private from my kids for one, so thats the time issue. Plus, life is busy for all of us. Any way, I have aquired nice equipment over the years, but no where near the amount some people have spent. Id say in the last ten years, Ive spent less than 3 grand. Thats with genetics, lights, soil, amendments, and even back in my soiless days with bottled nutes. That didnt last long. Lol, any way, I mixed up some soil tonight. Roughly 30% top soil from the forest. (Only take soil that is your property.) 30% peat based soil mix from an old house plant. And the rest peat moss. A bale goes a very long way. Ill get pics later, but I think theyre like 15 bucks max. Also, you can use store bought top soil, or mushroom compost. Homemade compost is best, and its even cheaper. Those other bags are fairly cheap. Below 5 bucks a bag. I also amended the soil, again, i'll get photos tomorrow. I think 8 lbs was 12 bucks. Still have a ton left. Now, I have zero clue how much I put in. A few cups. Lol. You could use the recomended amount, but thats how I roll. Keep it simple. The top soil is very sandy, so idk how this will go, but I bet I can get some quality buds outta this mix. Stay tuned for pics, and how I run my operation. Any and all questions welcome. Photo for fun Topanga cookies from a while back.
20220506_043237_HDR.jpg

Here's a shot of the soil, the fertilizer Ive been working with, and a shot of my veg and flower setups. In veg is my sour patch kids mothers....2 phenos still deciding which one I like better, and a handfull of northern lights seedlings. I put 5 clones from the SPK into the soil that I just made. They'll probably burn, but we'll see. Not much else, just watered with some water. Well water. Idk...tastes good. Lol. All this with taking pics was done in about a half hour this morning before work. Plucked a few leaves and trimmed some of that cover crop back. In flower I have a NL that is hopefully a female, 2 SFV x Carmel Apple crumble, and the carmel Apple Crumble mom to those two plants. They're probably week 1 flower. My first real somewhat intentional cross. Lol happy growing.
20230711_062316.jpg
20230711_063527.jpg
20230711_062322.jpg
20230711_062920_HDR.jpg
20230711_063515_HDR.jpg
20230711_063451.jpg

Clones seemed to have made it through the day. Even turned towards the light some. I still think I may have mixed the soil pretty hot. Time will tell. Other than that, pretty boring. I water pretty much every day, so I did that. I did put some of the soil I mixed, on top of the pot with the two svf x cac. And I think I have another NL male. 😔 like 10 for 10 now.
20230712_063642_HDR.jpg
20230712_063457_HDR.jpg
20230712_063508_HDR.jpg
20230712_063513.jpg

Clones are still looking good, one is a bit yellow though. NL male is confirmed. The SFV x CAC is ultra lanky! Lol pretty identical as far as structure, but the leaf shape is a bit different. I plucked a few, but totally spaced taking a pic. Im always in a rush it seems. Only on the weekends do I really get to spend any quality time in the garden. And 100% another NL male. This would be fun if I was looking for another male. I still have a sour patch kids male on standby outside. Happy growing.
20230713_063050.jpg
20230713_063341.jpg
20230713_063428.jpg

Clones are showing signs of positive growth. Even the yellowish one is looking better. My sfv x cac cross is one of the lankiest plants! Both phenos. One shot up a good inch over night. Definitely candidates for training. Theyre untopped, all i dod was bend them slightly to the bamboo stick at one point. And just a shot of the sour patch kid male.
20230714_062723.jpg
20230714_063642_HDR.jpg
20230714_065814.jpg

Took a look at the homemade soil mix and I was quite surprised. Have some nice mycelium growth. I was a bit worried, as I said before, the soil in my area is mostly sand. Lol. Wasnt sure how much micro organisms and biodiversity it would have. If say I have about $3.50 into about a 4 bags of soil's woth. Granted, it's not the best mix, or even ratioed right. Lol. I did it all by "feel". Lol. Happy growing.
20230714_174039.jpg

Great pictures & healthy looking plants. I also do some DIY Soil because that stuff at the local retailers looks so anemic as well as expensive. Have a very nice & productive harvest. I’m planning to follow your grow. Thanks for sharing your experiences. DOUG….

Great pictures & healthy looking plants. I also do some DIY Soil because that stuff at the local retailers looks so anemic as well as expensive. Have a very nice & productive harvest. I’m planning to follow your grow. Thanks for sharing your experiences. DOUG….
Thanks for the input! Man I was just about to ditch this joirnal thing. It seems there's only aboit 8 different people on this sight. Impossible to get any traffic. Not much has changed in the garden, but Ill try to post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the input! Man I was just about to ditch this joirnal thing. It seems there's only aboit 8 different people on this sight. Impossible to get any traffic.
Doing a journal is a lot of work involving a lot of time and energy.

Maybe introduce just one or two, maybe 3 new photos every couple of days in one message. That msg will bump your journal to the top of the "New Posts" list for awhile and keep it in the first 4 pages of msgs for a day or so. Then when anyone posts a comment/reply that will re-bump the thread to the top.

Oh, the Mycelium photo is good. It might help new growers realize that just because they see it on top of their soil it does not mean that the soil is going bad.

Doing a journal is a lot of work involving a lot of time and energy.

Maybe introduce just one or two, maybe 3 new photos every couple of days in one message. That msg will bump your journal to the top of the "New Posts" list for awhile and keep it in the first 4 pages of msgs for a day or so. Then when anyone posts a comment/reply that will re-bump the thread to the top.

Oh, the Mycelium photo is good. It might help new growers realize that just because they see it on top of their soil it does not mean that the soil is going bad.
For sure on the work. Lol, I don't do much but water, so not much content to post. I have a sick chicken Im attending to now, so she's taking up my journal time in the A.m. lol. Thanks for the tips.

For sure on the work. Lol, I don't do much but water, so not much content to post. I have a sick chicken Im attending to now, so she's taking up my journal time in the A.m. lol. Thanks for the tips.
You'll also find the more you respond to other journals, more people will see you and take a peek at your grow - which is looking mighty fine
Those clones are absolutely perfect man, beautiful

Really? Don't remember not doing that if you know what I mean
Thanks for letting me know, I'll sort it out
:Namaste:
That was actually for @Chrondocious and I included your quote as a way to tell him that a link to his journal is usually considered part of visiting and commenting on other journals--sort of a two way street.:) It did not work out the way I had hoped. Oh well.;)

That was actually for @Chrondocious and I included your quote as a way to tell him that a link to his journal is usually considered part of visiting and commenting on other journals--sort of a two way street.:) It did not work out the way I had hoped. Oh well.;)
I have to look into that. Not the most tech savy. Thanks!.

I have to look into that. Not the most tech savy. Thanks!.
click on your username, top right and then select signature
Copy the url of your journal from the address bar, then use insert link [the chain icon] to paste the link, then enter the text that will be shown eg 'My Weed Grow'
Save, job done

Back
Top Bottom