Organic Blue Velvet & Trueberry Micro Grow - CFL - Scrog - LST

Awesome...but those prices suck. Its a good thing you grow :) Can you legally grow if you have a card in your state?

No. But they are trying to amend the mmj laws to be more like other states. Some of the changes include limited growing and also accepting out of state cards so if someone is visiting they can use our dispensary as long as they have a card and id from their state. That was one of the reasons I started growing. I use about an oz per month between what I smoke and my edibles. That's $560 per oz. My Dr. has given me a script for up to 2oz per month. I prefer knowing how it was grown and when it was harvested. I think that the Blue Berry I got was harvest a little early. It is a fairly heady high with only a minimal body. For an indica dominate plant I was expecting a more couch lock effect. I have a feeling it was still a lot of clear trichomes. It is still good, just not completely what I hoped for. :peace:

Getting a second longer bed dug! The girls are raking debris and brush onto the pile. I knew if I got my gf out there to help she would enjoy it. :) Call it intuition. That fence you can see in the picture...I'm planning on turning it into a butt load of chamomile, lavender, and maybe yarrow which we will use for teas/medicinal and drenches. I want her whole yard to be harvest-able.
WP_20150404_16_11_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20150404_16_14_28_Pro.jpg

And this is the current state of my soil. One of my cats is helping out.
WP_20150407_17_56_48_Pro.jpg

Getting a second longer bed dug! The girls are raking debris and brush onto the pile. I knew if I got my gf out there to help she would enjoy it. :) Call it intuition. That fence you can see in the picture...I'm planning on turning it into a butt load of chamomile, lavender, and maybe yarrow which we will use for teas/medicinal and drenches. I want her whole yard to be harvest-able.
WP_20150404_16_11_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20150404_16_14_28_Pro.jpg

And this is the current state of my soil. One of my cats is helping out.
WP_20150407_17_56_48_Pro.jpg

Very inspiring photos :thumb:

Are you planning on planting those trees on top of the Hugelkultur berms? Sepp Holzer does.

The pictured cat reminds me of our cat who ran out of lives this year. She was soft as a rabbit. No guard hairs :)

I want a yard full of perennial herbs and plants that are edible, smokable, or tincturable. There will also be flowers like tulips, just for the beauty :)

I'm actually not too sure if I will be planting any bushes to stabilize the beds though I know I probably should. I don't want to lose too much space because we have a limited number of beds. I was thinking I might plant borage instead...

Isn't borage one of those "disturbed soil" plants often mistaken for a weed? It doesn't need a prepared bed to flourish. Scratch a line in the grass and seed the line and I believe it should grow. (I don't know from experience, just reading.)

I planted last year's borage seed as living mulch inside about 3 weeks ago. I'm now ready to throw away the main plant and soil but am probably growing my only borage seed among the Bak Choi and other sprouts. I now want to save the mulch. A messed up situation of my own making.... so yes, I support your planning because I sure wouldn't recommend my non-planning :)

Isn't borage one of those "disturbed soil" plants often mistaken for a weed? It doesn't need a prepared bed to flourish. Scratch a line in the grass and seed the line and I believe it should grow. (I don't know from experience, just reading.)

I planted last year's borage seed as living mulch inside about 3 weeks ago. I'm now ready to throw away the main plant and soil but am probably growing my only borage seed among the Bak Choi and other sprouts. I now want to save the mulch. A messed up situation of my own making.... so yes, I support your planning because I sure wouldn't recommend my non-planning :)

Ya its a flowering weed pretty much...but there's the positive side that its great to use in drenches along side comfrey.

I'll have enough cover crop going on along side vegetables with substantial root systems that I don't think I need much to hold the beds together. Obviously I would prefer to, but I'm not sweating it. Erosion should only be a problem in the beginning.

edit: I was thinking that I would ideally grow borage, comfrey, and stinging nettle all in the same patch along the back fence line like the lavender, yarrow and chamomile on the other fence. I'm trying to be as efficient as possible and grow as much as I can with minimal work.

I'm trying to be as efficient as possible and grow as much as I can with minimal work.

Great quote! Gardening doesn't have to take over your life, it should just enhance it. While others are tilling a new plot next year, you can be chilling out and having fun. :)

I like your plans for the edge plants. I'd get that yarrow, or at least a couple of them, out next to your veggies. Their presence makes their neighbors healthier. The chamomile should be planted so that some of it gets walked on. They will be more vigorous and will keep themselves strongly seeded. Nothing more delicious than the scent of freshly trodden chamomile.

If you have a small edge somewhere in the shade, would you plant sweet woodruff for me? Any of you. It's the plant I miss the most. We grew it under the grape arbor that led to our front door, on both sides of the walk. Such a joyful, clean smell. I think it was one of my mother's most inspired garden planning moments.

CO, Keeping it simple is one of the basic tenants of permaculture that I really jive with. Its applicable throughout life.

Sue, I'll definitely try to remember to grow some sweet woodruff. It would make a great addition to one of the borders. With the borders I am trying to almost make them an extension of the lawn...mix some clover in there as well....so hopefully it gets used as part of the lawn and not just something pretty to look at :)

Man, less is more with soil, I'm learning that. They (plants) need water from me and that's about it.

Love your hugel beds. I finally got one set up of my own. I'm guessing the one will lead to many more.

Man, less is more with soil, I'm learning that. They (plants) need water from me and that's about it.

Love your hugel beds. I finally got one set up of my own. I'm guessing the one will lead to many more.

HA ya I am trying to convince my friend to let me build more...heheh. I guess I can't treat it like its my back yard....but its hard not to get carried away.

edit: I was thinking that I would ideally grow borage, comfrey, and stinging nettle all in the same patch along the back fence line like the lavender, yarrow and chamomile on the other fence. I'm trying to be as efficient as possible and grow as much as I can with minimal work.

So ya know about Stinging Nettle - it likes shade to part shade and will take over everything even in crappy soil. Which makes for good ground cover. Comfrey once established its there forever (deep roots), I don't know anything about borage yet.

We grow nettles close to the house below 1st floor windows to keep the peepers away (semi-urban living) and we actually harvest nettles in the woods where it grows naturally and gets VERY thick so it's waay easier to go to the woods and harvest than it is to grow. We dont have enough room in the garden for how much we pick dry and use. We drink nettle tea, make soups feed it to the dog... and top dress the ladies... VERY VERY good plant to have. If your S.O. gives you a hard time, break a branch off and tickle her arm or if she's been a real problem tickle the back of her knee! Find out why they call it "stinging" nettle. Some say that sting is a cure or treatment for arthritis among other good things.

Comfrey we grow between our sidewalk and the street - little strip of grass/flowers/herbs that way we dont have to worry it can spread and no need to cut it back other than for "medicinal" plant food.

Bob, I saved one of the worst parts of the lot for the nettle :) I figured if I couldn't do much there I could at least grow the most useful thing possible: Nettle.

I just hope I can get this stuff going and reasonably established in the next year or so. I'm going to be starting everything from seedling.

Bob, I saved one of the worst parts of the lot for the nettle :) I figured if I couldn't do much there I could at least grow the most useful thing possible: Nettle.

I just hope I can get this stuff going and reasonably established in the next year or so. I'm going to be starting everything from seedling.

Great job on the outdoor garden - you will have nettles this year I bet!! Ours haven't even started growing yet. They will start to show up here once we get a few more warm days... once they get going they really grow fast.

Did you know the stinging hairs of the nettle are called TRICHOMES!! Nettles have a huge following in the natural healing world as they have many uses from helping body builders to treating diabetes and treatments for all sorts of things. Tinctures, teas, soups & more can all be made with nettle, its been used by humans for a very long time pre-dating modern medicine - sounds familiar to cannabis and hemp doesn't it? I think we can go back to the dark ages and before and find historical medicinal uses for this plant. Cool thing its very easy to grow and it's a weed, it will take over. Keep it under control by harvesting.

Back
Top Bottom