First Time Indoor SCROG - CFL Maybe

No suggestions from me Buddy, everything looks just fine. Fine photos too! Gonna have some good buds to collect!:bravo:

Thanks OMM, lets hope so, I have a ways to go, but moving right along. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Everything looks delicious!

Thanks 420fied, let's hope it stays that way. Friday will be the 8 week mark. And not looking very close to finishing so cross you fingers.

This is your first grow? That's unbelievable. Its look pro!

Hello, MSmith420, Not my first grow, but my first indoor which is like starting over. I have lots to learn but having fun doing it. Thanks for stopping in and your comments. + rep

What's SCROG? I know SOG is sea of green.. is it similar to that?

Smith Rubivroom explained it way better than I so I will let his answer stand.

It called Screen of Green. A method of using a screen placed over your plants and gently guiding your stems through the screen in order to keep your buds from falling over and to let the light hit them to maximize production. There is a few journals on here that show you how to make a screen and use different techniques. If your interested in knowing more send me a msg and I will find the links for you. :Namaste:

Very nice job at explaining the SCROG, thanks + rep

All I can say is WOW, healthy and beautiful!! :thumb:

Thanks Rubivroom, lets hope it stays that way until they finish. Thanks for stopping in and your comments. + rep

sonzor...new member on site...been looking at it for years and just decided to join..done alot of growing but never a sog or scrog..after looking at yours and following your journal..I am giving it alot of thought..I have 2 indoor growes going on now...1 in flower and about 40 plants veg...waiting on warm weather to go to the great outdoors..I also just orderded some seeds should be here in a week...I think they will go outdoors if for no other reason than sheer quantity..once again very nice job...looks top notch..

Thanks Horticultural, I also took some time on this site before I jumped in. I also grow outside and have had lots of issues with pest, so I thought I would give the scrog a try with a minimal investment. At this point it looks like indoor presents much less issues than outside. Not that I am going to stop growing outside. I will always have a few plants going. Thanks for stopping in and your comments. + rep and good luck with you plants.

damn, its been a while since I have checked this out, looks like things are going great!...SCROG is where its at!

Thanks 007 and better late than never. Thanks for stopping in and your comments. + rep if I can

Hello sonzor, you've put a good grow with heat being what it is..but that in-line fan you're thinking about will help solve that problem. How about a peek at the Carbon scrubber and the fan? Maybe I missed it.. I should look before posting but screw it...

Hello siscokid, I have been looking into both and will pull the trigger soon. Just have to work on the wife a little. I also was thinking since I am making the investment, might as well get another light and have two scroggs going with a total of 4 plants going indoors. We will see, its a tough sell to the wife. Thanks for stopping in and you comments.

Everything is looking good to me Sonzor!! Your ladies are very pretty!!

Great Job my friend!

:bravo:

Thanks Light-one-up, got a little ways to go so fingers are crosses that they stay that way. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Thanks holysmokey for stopping in and your comments. They are much appreciated.

What's up all, this is now week 8 almost to the day. As of yesterday I thought these girls where not going to finish for at least another couple weeks. Between yesterday and today these ladies aged a bit. Went from 90% clear to 10% amber, 60% cloudy, 30% clear. and lots more hairs have turned red. So at least they are showing signs of wanting to finish. Maybe sometime next week.

Lbh_indoor_4_08_01.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_08_02.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_08_04.jpg

Something I found interesting with this bud, pictured below. I cut off one big fan leaf from it a few weeks back to let some light down to a smaller bud below. After the leaf was cut this buds stopped filling out. It just stopped growing. This bud was way ahead in size from all the rest, until I took off that fan leaf. Thought that was interesting. Don't think I will be cutting any fan leaves off in the future.
Lbh_indoor_4_08_03.jpg

Here is one of my outside girls. They all have been through some pretty rough times, cold, rain, hail, snales and neglect from their dad. Just took a close look at them and I think I will get a few buds that are worth keeping but they may just be destine for butter. They are pretty close to being finished maybe a week or so.

Lbh_outdoor_4_08_01.jpg

Lbh_outdoor_4_08_02.jpg

Lbh_outdoor_4_08_03.jpg

Lbh_outdoor_4_08_04.jpg

In advance, thanks for stopping in and all you sugestions and comments are much appreciated

Looking good sonzor. :)

The SCROG is looking good. Weird that taking one fan leaf off stopped the bud in it's tracks. Mine just keep going when I do that. Must have something to do with the SCROG.

IDK about the outside girls, they look worth keeping to me. Mine look that way allot.:smokin:

How's the oder control doing?

DAMN...Man looking great...I have heard cutting off anything during flower is catostrofic to the plant..it wii focus all its energy on repairing itself rather than flowering..just what I heard...and you kinda confirmed it...any estimate on yield?...those girls have alot of bud sites...nice work man...I hope all the labor rewards you with many meds..:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Looking good sonzor. :)

The SCROG is looking good. Weird that taking one fan leaf off stopped the bud in it's tracks. Mine just keep going when I do that. Must have something to do with the SCROG.

IDK about the outside girls, they look worth keeping to me. Mine look that way allot.:smokin:

How's the oder control doing?

Hello OMM, I am not sure about the taking of the fan leafs and I know people do it all the time, but I did cut one leaf of two different buds and the both are the skinniest of the bunch. Maybe I just took them late.

The outside girls look a little worse for wear. The one in the picture is the best of the four and I took a little better care of her than I did the others because she is in a container and close. The others take a little bit of work to get to. So we will see. I am not set on anything yet.

As for the ODER PROBLEM, I did some work on it and got a stronger fan to see if that would help and maid a new filter. I works a lot better but still is an issue. I have some ladies all ready to go into the room once these ones are done. I think I will hold off putting them in and work on the box to get it a little more smell proof.

Thanks for stopping in and you comments are always appreciated.

DAMN...Man looking great...I have heard cutting off anything during flower is catostrofic to the plant..it wii focus all its energy on repairing itself rather than flowering..just what I heard...and you kinda confirmed it...any estimate on yield?...those girls have alot of bud sites...nice work man...I hope all the labor rewards you with many meds..:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Hello Horticultural, I have heard all sorts of things about cutting fan leaves and people do it all the time. It just did not work out for me in this case. First SCROG so I really have no idea what the yield is going to be, could not even guess. But not to long know. I will be interested to see that myself. Looks like the outside ladies are going to finish around the same time, so lots of chopping to do in the not to distant future. Thanks for stopping in and all you comments.

Some sweet colors :yummy: looks pretty.

Two scrogs :thumb: Mmmmick pulled it off pretty good, speaking of which...have to see what's up with him.

Good luck with all buddie :peacetwo:

Whats up siscokid, two very small, I don't thing it will be that big of a deal. But what do I know. They do seem to pretty much grow on their own one you get them going through the screen. As for Mmmmick, he was on last week but other than that he is MIA. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Your scrog looks good to me bro so does your outside lady! I'll have to do some research for the butter thing, sounds good on garlic toast to me and a big plate of Spag & Meatballs. Never mind me I'm hungry even though I grilled out today, chicken, Ribs and Mac-n-chesse. I must have the munchies:popcorn::yummy::thumb:

:goodjob:

hey Sonzor, sorry about my absence. I guess I let my issues get to me and I abandoned everything for a while.

Back now though and I've gotta say you are doing a great job on your first scrog. Damn near filled that screen too.:thumb: Loads of crystal and the tops are looking good. I compared pics from your last update and the tops look like they've filled in a bit. Maybe the heat is slowing them down as you suggested, but they seem to be still developing.
90 degrees sounds great, cold and wet here today and I was just getting fired up for a nice spring season, lol.

Hope you get a satisfactory solution to your odor problem.
I'll be around more often now that I've had a chance to simmer for a while.

Can't rep at the moment but the like button works. Great job my friend.:thumb::goodjob:

Your scrog looks good to me bro so does your outside lady! I'll have to do some research for the butter thing, sounds good on garlic toast to me and a big plate of Spag & Meatballs. Never mind me I'm hungry even though I grilled out today, chicken, Ribs and Mac-n-chesse. I must have the munchies:popcorn::yummy::thumb:

Thanks Light-one-up, they are doing pretty well, I think I will let them go another week or so. Yes, butter is pretty amazing, adds a little fun to any dish.

:goodjob:

hey Sonzor, sorry about my absence. I guess I let my issues get to me and I abandoned everything for a while.

Back now though and I've gotta say you are doing a great job on your first scrog. Damn near filled that screen too.:thumb: Loads of crystal and the tops are looking good. I compared pics from your last update and the tops look like they've filled in a bit. Maybe the heat is slowing them down as you suggested, but they seem to be still developing.
90 degrees sounds great, cold and wet here today and I was just getting fired up for a nice spring season, lol.

Hope you get a satisfactory solution to your odor problem.
I'll be around more often now that I've had a chance to simmer for a while.

Can't rep at the moment but the like button works. Great job my friend.:thumb::goodjob:

Thanks Mmmmick, not problem we all have a life outside 420. They have filled out a bit and are slowly finishing up. My hope is another week. I took a look at the trichs this morning a pretty much all clear so a week might be a little wishful thinking. We are getting some wonderful weather, today around 75 and nights in the 50. Its amazing how the plants respond to the nice weather. Pulled one of the outside plants today. It was one that was pretty neglected. Think I will get a couple buds, the plant was loaded with trichs but the buds left little to be desired. I will put the details in my update. Hopefully today if I can get some time. Thanks for stopping in and your comments..

As for the ODER PROBLEM, I did some work on it and got a stronger fan to see if that would help and maid a new filter. I works a lot better but still is an issue. I have some ladies all ready to go into the room once these ones are done. I think I will hold off putting them in and work on the box to get it a little more smell proof.

Great looking grow.... :popcorn:

Odor problems...I've had them too with a wife who'd rather I not grow although is loving and tolerant.

I have 3 homemade carbon filters going across the inside top of my box with high cfm, combat style, computer fans sucking a good amount of air through them and they work for the most part, never smells except for certain times of the day when the ambient temps get a little high..like about 80.

I'm near the end of my grow for my "season", I'll have one grow per year going forward, and over the summer, I'm going to install the good stuff and rig it as it should be....phresh carbon filter going through the light with a 4" 200 cfm fan pulling through..hopefully that will work with other modifications.

Get the good stuff. Homemade works but only kinda..lol

I'm subbed....looking forward to good stuff!!

:Namaste:

Great looking grow.... :popcorn:

Odor problems...I've had them too with a wife who'd rather I not grow although is loving and tolerant.

I have 3 homemade carbon filters going across the inside top of my box with high cfm, combat style, computer fans sucking a good amount of air through them and they work for the most part, never smells except for certain times of the day when the ambient temps get a little high..like about 80.

I'm near the end of my grow for my "season", I'll have one grow per year going forward, and over the summer, I'm going to install the good stuff and rig it as it should be....phresh carbon filter going through the light with a 4" 200 cfm fan pulling through..hopefully that will work with other modifications.

Get the good stuff. Homemade works but only kinda..lol

I'm subbed....looking forward to good stuff!!

I hear you giantsfan24, My wife hates it. She just can't understand spending any money on something to grow. So, I also have been going the homemade rout, I think in the long run it ends up costing more, but baby steps. Although last night we came back from dinner and you could smell it when we drove up on the driveway. Not a good thing at all. She said go out and get what you need. So the thumbs are up. I just hope it's not too late and the neighbors are non the wiser. I do have a few neighbors that are pretty cool but a couple of the will call the man without even blinking an eye.

I hear you giantsfan24, My wife hates it. She just can't understand spending any money on something to grow. So, I also have been going the homemade rout, I think in the long run it ends up costing more, but baby steps. Although last night we came back from dinner and you could smell it when we drove up on the driveway. Not a good thing at all. She said go out and get what you need. So the thumbs are up. I just hope it's not too late and the neighbors are non the wiser. I do have a few neighbors that are pretty cool but a couple of the will call the man without even blinking an eye.

wow...if my wife smelled it up the driveway, I would be done..LOL. It's barely noticeable in the garage now thanks to a reworking of the ventilation and some ona..

I agree, the homemade route costs more in the long run. No doubt.

Everything looks great sonzor. Don't be so quick to dismiss the benefits of defoliation. Good growing my friend.

I won't, people with a lot more knowledge than I do it with great success. When I did it, it did seem to hinder growth on those buds but allowed for other buds to grow. Not sure if it is always going to be a trade-off.

wow...if my wife smelled it up the driveway, I would be done..LOL. It's barely noticeable in the garage now thanks to a reworking of the ventilation and some ona..

I agree, the homemade route costs more in the long run. No doubt.

Yes it was not a good thing at all. Still doing a little research to find the correct set-up for my grow. Thanks for stopping in..

Hello all, hope everyone had a blessed weekend. Friday was the start of week 9 and the indoor plants are showing some signs of wanting to finish. They have a couple of amber trichs showing up and the hairs are mostly turning also. I am hoping for mid, to late week for harvest but we will have to see.

Chopped one of the neglected outdoor plants. Very frosty but not an impressive amount of bud by any means. The tops look like they will be keepers but anything a couple inches below that will be made into hash or butter, probably both. The buds are drying and I will do a final trim on Monday and post some picks.

As for the other outside plants, they will come down Monday or Tuesday. They are having an issue with bugs and being as late as it is, I don't want to spray them with even a organic solution. So down they will come.

These are the indoor ladies, I was a little lazy and did to shoot any of the outdoor so maybe I will shoot some before chop.

Lbh_indoor_4_17_01.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_02.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_03.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_04.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_06.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_05.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_07.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_09.jpg

Lbh_indoor_4_17_08.jpg

In advance, thank you all for stopping in and taking the time to write you comment.

That looks DELICIOUS my friend! Very nice photos! I need to get a new camera.

:hookah:

Thanks 420fied, I need a new one also, I have been in the market for a while, just can not pull the trigger. Uncertain times and I just can not justify the expense. I have that belt pretty tight at the moment. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Back
Top Bottom