NOCO - Coco Loco - Tahoe OG - ScrOG - 2014 Grow Journal

Some awesome looking budage my friend! Nice big stonking Colas! :)
Thanks for the PM and kind words about the backbuilding tech, just glad people are giving it a go and enjoying the results!
Again awesome buds, great grow buddy Bravo! :)
Thanks LA!

Looking awesome Noco! :thumb:

I like to dial my lights back too, just seems more natural that way.
Thanks Pantagruel!

Exactly, its bad enough i cant grow outside, so might as well try to keep some type of feel of nature!

As I was looking at the pics i posted last night, I noticed it was hard to see some of the ones that had fallen over. What I was trying to show was the way they just fell over and were just laying on top of my screen. When i say "they" I'm referring to the little side branches coming off of the larger branches that are coming off of the stock (Trunk). By the way I spread the branches into my SCROG, I was able to get a even canopy, producing denser larger, thicker buds from what would of been popcorn buds!!!!

"And those little branches have fallen over due to not being able to hold up their own weight, and are now laying on my screen."

:slide:

Looking great, close ups look delicious
:thanks:
wow! great looking colas, noco! i'm giving a try to coco right now, and will use your journal for troubleshoot purposes

by the way im subbed for the ride! :goodjob:

Welcome Professor X! It would be an honor if you use any of my ideas or experiences. I recommend that you read a variety of journals by beginners, intermediate and seasoned growers. Build off different techniques to build your own. this is the best advice I can give you.

Update:
We are getting close, checked trichomes yesterday and some are clear most are cloudy with a few amber. Lights have been reduced to being on for only 10 hrs and off for 14. I will then leave them in darkness for a few days, letting them dry out completely before cutting them down! Any opinions or Suggestions for the final days of my Tahoe OG?

The Girls are looking BOMB :party: Nice grow.

I turn my light back to simulate the fall light schedule myself and I believe it has more positives than negatives when you do the final tally. I have also read where folks will close off the girls the last 48 to 72 hours in complete darkness, which is reported to improve trich potency and weight gain.

I also will not water the last week once I commit to a chop down date. I am going to try a technique of not watering the last week and then on one or two of the girls I am going to try two different kinds of flavored water, like strawberry and peach to see if it will impart the flavors into the thirsty girl. It is reported that within 30- 40 mins the plant will intake most the liquid and it just slows down your dry time by a couple days.

Every time I open my stash jars I get a very subtle aroma of molasses, it isn't overpowering just enough to let you know that it's there. I find it to be a very pleasant addition to the aroma profile of my grows. Since I add molasses with every watering, I'm not surprised to notice it, but I'm not sure if a late addition of a flavoring is going to have that much impact, especially in terms of longevity. What I would recommend is that whatever flavoring you add should be all natural and not artificial or synthetic in any way.

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked. When you update your journal can you please also post what day of flower you are at?

I am going to try a technique of not watering the last week and then on one or two of the girls I am going to try two different kinds of flavored water, like strawberry and peach to see if it will impart the flavors into the thirsty girl. It is reported that within 30- 40 mins the plant will intake most the liquid and it just slows down your dry time by a couple days.

The plants will uptake the flavouring agent and flavour the buds. I have read people will add a flavouring syrup mixture to their plants in the last 6 hours before harvest to impart the flavouring to their buds.

The plants will uptake the flavouring agent and flavour the buds. I have read people will add a flavouring syrup mixture to their plants in the last 6 hours before harvest to impart the flavouring to their buds.

definiteley going to try this one out! have some well earned reps ++ friend john

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked. When you update your journal can you please also post what day of flower you are at?

This is good to know I have always wondered how total darkness could be good for any plant let alone Cannabis. :thumb: What about giving an extra hour of light during the last couple of weeks of flower I wonder :hmmmm:

Quick question Pantagruel, When you have dialed your lights in the past, have you noticed that it does anything for the plant? and if so, what exactly did you notice?

It should speed up the ripening process, though not by a whole lot. I start 2-3 weeks out and reduce by half an hour every 5 days or so. Right now I'm down to 10.5 hours on my Kali Mist and its 11 weeks on Saturday. I'll take it back to 10 hours for the last week. Bottom line, I'd rather my girls ripen a week early than wait an extra week for a little more weight.

I'd like to read the study too. I'm not sure how uniform cannabinoid level is between individuals. My guess would be that to be statistically valid such a study would have to be performed on quite a large sample size, probably dozens if not hundreds of plants.

I just started giving 36 hours dark this harvest. I read the reasoning about THC production climbing in the dark and then breaking down under UV the next day(since that is part of its job, to protect the plant) and it seemed sound. It's easy enough to do for me.

Every time I open my stash jars I get a very subtle aroma of molasses, it isn't overpowering just enough to let you know that it's there. I find it to be a very pleasant addition to the aroma profile of my grows. Since I add molasses with every watering, I'm not surprised to notice it, but I'm not sure if a late addition of a flavoring is going to have that much impact, especially in terms of longevity. What I would recommend is that whatever flavoring you add should be all natural and not artificial or synthetic in any way.

Do you think a extract would work CH ? for example Vanilla Extract?

King John do you think any syrup would work?

Back
Top Bottom