Schnookie's First Grow In 30 Years: Mixed Strains, Mixed Schedule, Mixed Nutrients

Fascinating. I must read tangwena’s malawi cobbing and get a handle on this. You find the high noticeably different, I gather? You must do for it to be totally worth it for the little bit of faffing involved.
I was put off by the opening description of tying up an ounce in corn husks and burying it. I probably misunderstood after all I am a donkey and I can’t fight my nature. I did bookmark the thread for future reference. You just might’ve bumped it back up my reading list.
How long between preparation and medication, Schnooks?

Well, cobs are supposed to cure for a few months after getting it dried to a "preferred" level. My oldest cob is in a jar with some bud and was only harvested on the 16th...the cob is less than 2 weeks old and not much different currently than regular bud. Will have to wait and see what results I get.

Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger should like this bud - harvested at 9 1/2 weeks in flower. First WW snatched from the lady...still almost all clear trichs with 10% having amber tips. 32g post wet trim. Will be made into a cob. Will grab another bud shortly to have them go together.

Wish the color stayed longer before leaves drying up.
20200102_132924.jpg

Trimmed
20200102_133248.jpg
20200102_133241.jpg

Nice! Glad to see you left the sugars like that. It's not going to market and to me that's some good shite right there!

I'm only clipping off whatever doesn't have trichs on it! And I probably took off plenty with trichs on unfortunately...

Took another skunk bud today... only 21g trimmed so I think the other 4 or 5 colas left should be about that size too, plus another 70-80g I would guess of remaining flower. I'm guessing this plant will provide about 3oz dried cured medicine after all is said and done. More than 2/3 will be in cob which I count weight differently.
20200103_144626.jpg
20200103_144924.jpg

Your cannabis looks lovely :bravo:
I’m intrigued..

... can you expand on that?
I'm both lazy and deliberate on my harvest - I've been taking some for the past two and half weeks so I can eventually test different levels of harvest maturity and see what I like best. By the time it's all cut down, I'm guessing I will have taken 5-6 weeks to harvest 3 plants (flower time from 7-13 weeks) whose expected harvest dates encompass that range (7-10 skunk, 8-10 gsc, 9-12 WW - depending on where you look...)

Your cannabis looks lovely :bravo:
I’m intrigued..

... can you expand on that?
Cobs when fully cured are denser than bud and thus had appeared to me to have lost less moisture than a traditional cure, making the final harvest weight heavier, but I may be wrong. I probably should ask that question in the cob thread, lol!

Cobs when fully cured are denser than bud and thus had appeared to me to have lost less moisture than a traditional cure, making the final harvest weight heavier, but I may be wrong. I probably should ask that question in the cob thread, lol!
Ok, so tangwena corrected me and perhaps the cobs are not that much heavier from an original to final weight...but obviously denser.

Took another skunk cola today...getting smaller...only 15g after trim. Mostly cloudy trichs now with 40-50% amber tips. I washed this one since it was one of the mite infested ones and near the bottom where I sprayed most...
20200105_144849.jpg

I also cobbed up another set of skunk buds. The 3 colas that I harvested on monday and tuesday have dried down to 19g with some heavy stem removed. Original weight of the 3 was 70g so this should be about perfect dry and not lose much more in the cob, if any. I picked off the pistils that were on the leaf and stem elbows and smoked them and they have a nice cerebral high...good for thoughts and creativity it feels like.

20200105_132416.jpg

20200105_132816.jpg

I'm having some difficulty getting in close enough to the WW colas to check trichs without getting covered in sitckiness so I may just snatch one of them in the next 2-3 days since I'm getting impatient. I have the first one drying from 4 days ago which is already down to 14g (from 32) so it has just another day or two before jarring. I should've grabbed another at the time so I could've cobbed these together, but I may still do this one alone tomorrow.

I also took down 3 cola tops from GSC which will become a monster cob this weekend.

17g wet, post trim
20200106_124403.jpg

25g wet, post trim
20200106_123824.jpg

33g wet, post trim
20200106_124819.jpg
20200106_125102.jpg
20200106_125108.jpg

should be looking at a full oz going into cob at preferred moisture.

And took one more big 35g cola from GSC so I can either make 2 cobs or keep a bud for smokin'. :bongrip:

20200106_160059.jpg

On a sad note...my aunt, my godmother died today from cancer. I haven't seen her in person in years but we've kept in touch. Gonna have to delay tolerance break for another day. :(:rip:

Ok, today was a big day I guess! One more bud from Skunk which is quite dense! 33g after wet trim.

20200106_181624.jpg
20200106_181654.jpg

I guess once everything is cut and dried I'll have to go back through here and jot down all the individual cuts to get my total...

Today is the next WW cola harvest. I have no patience and just want to get these plants done! This nice bud came in at 38g wet trimmed tight. Looks really nice and yummy...can't wait for a taste test. I think this will remain as bud and not get cob'ed. Trichs are still almost all clear with a few cloudy and a few amber tips...still early.

20200108_105925.jpg
20200108_110231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom