J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

Everythings coming up Millhouse. Got the bucket up and running today. Got the ball rolling on the new LED, had 4 extra BB seeds, all popped. 10/10 of the ABB's popped. Some are above soil. Grinspoon is slow to start. Going to let it veg a little longer.

BB in bucket - 5.8ph~ a couple drops of cal mag. Filled the res to the top. Check it tomorrow to top it off.

The hazes are branching out good now.

Looked like a slight mag deficiency on the auto. I added a little epsom salt. Shes already getting frosty. Smells great too.

Many of the ABB have these warped leaves. Not anything wrong with em just slightly twisted and can't remember what thats due to. Think it might be genetic.

Private_Dec_9-5.jpg
Private_Dec_9-1.jpg
Private_Dec_9-3.jpg
Private_Dec_9-2.jpg

Well all 10 of those ABB are up. They are quite fast! I also sexed three of the older ABB today, 1Female and 2 males. I checked the two males for smell. One was much stronger and they both had very similar phenos so I ripped the one that was underwhelming for smell. So far it looks like I will have some very viable and quick ABB seeds in a little over a month! Now I just hope at least some of them develop some colour. Worst case I'll have to run a backcross with the BB and try to isolate the colour. Boy that sounds like a lot of work!

So the only update for tonight is that the BB in the Bucket were yellowing so I added 1/4 dose of nutes. Water levels are still good, roots growing at a regular rate. Watered everything else with plain, added some kelp meal to the auto. Gave a small dose of fish poop to the haze a couple of days ago.

:) Dont forget about the grinspoon grow in the signature!

Hanging out in the closet today could barely recognize the first BB. It's at the point where I may just top her!

The colour was coming back in the BB in the bucket. For the hell of it I checked PH and it was nearly back to 8! I think that when I added the H2O2 and the nutes that it sent the bucket in the wrong direction. I am also worried my PHdown is on its way out. Took like 25 drops to get from 7.8~ back down to 6.

Everyone is getting so big, I need to flip soon or the haze will overtake the whole closet. The auto is SO FROSTY! I've never ever seen crystal like this in that closet. Not much for buds but I'll likely get a half oz from it. And she is really stanky. I might just pollinate her with some BB male for kicks.

Question for people. Should I hold off adding myco to the soil of should I go ahead and add some to the next watering? On the same topic should I add some to my hydro res? It says it can go in hydro but I'm not sure if they mean in a organic hydro system or a chem system.. Advice?

Well the haze are getting too big, thankfully at least one should be male. They also have they very interesting smell.
The auto is looking frostier and frostier.
Still only the 2 sexed for the ABB I may just pull the last two because they are taking longer than I would like to show sex. I want to make like a 100day ABB wonder but that isn't going to happen this time around.
The BB are getting bigger and bigger. Again, some will be male so not too worried yet. Keeping a close eye on the bucket. Something doesn't want to stay balanced. Last hydro was so easy and this is already getting to be a PITA
private_dec15_14-6.jpg
private_dec15_14-5.jpg
private_dec15_14-4.jpg
private_dec15_14-2.jpg
private_dec15_14-7.jpg
private_dec15_14-1.jpg

Ph was stable today. Game the tallest haze a quick pinch. Slowly dropping an hour a day until I get to 11.5/12.5 I hear this might help the sativas get into flowering mode. So by the weekend we should be fully flipped.

Thankfully Ph has stabilized at around 6. I really hurt those BB's with the neem though. I know that they are sensitive but, 2 weeks old and can't handle some neem and 1/4 solution? Thankfully the soil BB's are just fine. Have two genetic flukes though.... Do I live on an abandoned alien nuclear silo? I may just email the seed producer and see how often he gets these tri-foliar and genetic flukes. Other wise everything seems stable.

Confirmed all three of the older ABB are fem, yay!

Day 3 of 11.5/12.5 lighting. so far so good.

The auto is looking so nice. Shes supposed to come down on the first week of the new year so I'm going to start flushing right away.

Pictures and updates again tomorrow or wednesday.

So I am having a problem all. I need some help or answers or....

I started this thread 400w HPS not lighting and I'll give you the run down.

My 400w HPS sometimes wont start proper. It has elec running through it(seen in the bulb) but not lighting. I turn it off for a min or two and start it back up and it is fine.... Any ideas?

Hardest part of being mid grow is not feeling like you can change course. The ships got a direction and destinations, so trying to consider new paths is difficult. Definitely doing considering getting a brix kit in the next couple months. Running LED's and a high brix environment really seems like it would be ideal for my small space.

I only got one of the 3 things I wanted to get to upgrade the room. I got the LED because by my account the HPS needs some new parts so I think I may swing by ye old grow shop and pick up some new pieces. Buying the internals is pretty cheap so I figure buy a couple meters of cord, a striker, the coilly bit and that other thing plus a new ceramic plug. Take some time bolt it all in, twist the wires up. Have a whole new 400w system by the end of it for 40-50$. Sad I couldn't afford the carbon filter.... yet. Way high in the to do list. 1) Don't burn the house down, (Check) 2) don't stink up the neighborhood....... 3..???????????? 4 PROFIT ... um save money. Those two are synonymous right?

On to the updates! Where to start.... My male ABB is growing soo slow. Hes cold, gets little light and was rudely transplanted... I would put him back into the room but I so skeeved out by the idea of having bugs again that I am just going to wait. My 3 ABB females look nice. The early one put out a bunch of pistils this week. The other two are the bushier branching but same height and take 2-3 extra weeks.

The soil BB's are interesting. The two healthy ones are healthy! The two genetic oddities (BB-GO) are interesting. I love genetic flukes. And I get more than anyone I have ever read about. My first plants ever were a muties. No joke. MR Nice Seed of Life something or rather (10 years ago + now....) came up all sorts of weird! Looked like a reveg all the way through. But one is tri-foliar and the other is.... Umm... A lot like the 1-2-3-3-4-5 leafed lady from before actually. Seems to be just pushing out leaves in all direction without direction!

The auto is getting fatter and fatter and still putting out white hairs. Now this strain doesn't look like it is going to develop any red hairs. Most of the pistils sink back in and leave beautiful green snow covered buds. I need to get some ABB pollen on her ASAP! I don't care if I keep a random twig of her around just for the seeds. I need some more of this strain.|

I cleaned up the damaged BB hydro girls :( I hate doing it but in the long run I know it will help. Cut the damaged leaves off. Been checking PH every day and it seems steady at 6. I'm going to add another 1/4 dose of nutes tomorrow. The nutes I use have a buffer so I think the thing was that as soon as I added more nutes the water became properly buffered and stopped moving so much. I think some of the damage on the hydro ladies was also a result of high PPM's at young age. Apparenly tap water around here is 2-300. Now I always rest my water but I do only use tap water so this is why I never use 100% nutes is my water is hard. Oh well. They seem to be good. They have that light green in the middle of growth and stretch.

I would really like some answers to the questions in the last bunch of posts. If any one has some ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Now... PICS!
private_dec_23-4.jpg
private_dec_23-3.jpg
private_dec_23-2.jpg
private_dec_23-1-2.jpg
private_dec_23-1.jpg

So those hazes are just getting massive! So glad the auto will be done soon! Give them some space to breath. The older ABB are getting hairy which is great. The male is finally starting to grow again and getting fat sacks.
Turns out both the BB-GO are trifoliar just took a while for it to show. The other soil ones are still looking good. The ones in the bucket don't have the nicest leaves.... Not quite sure whats going on there. Going to check the nutrient problem guide. Didn't find anything that matched. Other than that it seems to be growing fine.
Not much really going on. Did pick up a bunch of stuff this week including some proper organic bloom ferts, some lime, fulvic etc. First time with all these but I've heard good things! Let's see how much I notice.
private_dec_29-6.jpg
private_dec_29-5.jpg
private_dec_29-3.jpg
private_dec_29-2.jpg
private_dec_29-1.jpg

Awesome, things are looking great! I wandered over from the Grinspoon grow and just caught up/subbed. I'm in flower on some DJ Short Blueberry right now, and it's starting to get frosty. I don't know if I have True Blueberry or the old school strain, but I have one pheno that's been pretty easy and two smaller ones that have been finicky hermaphroditic pains in the arse. I think it's just that kind of strain, from what I've read.

Out of curiosity, why the neoprene inserts in the DWC in conjunction with the rockwool? Why not seed into rockwool, then seedling/rockwool into a hydroton-filled netpot?

And on the subject of coco oil and uses for our favorite plant, I've recently been making coconut oil with trimmed fan leaves from defoliation and my ABV. It's not super potent in terms of psychoactivity (but definitely has some!) but is great to put in the morning cup of joe. I've done it in veg and flower. I view this plant in a similar fashion as the Native Americans viewed the buffalo. I don't waste any of it. I feel bad when some of it ends up in the compost.

My BB grow is in my sig if you're curious. Keep up the good work!

:goodjob:

Hey Iluvsnow! Thanks for swinging in. Everything's really gearing up it's great !

Those inserts are 2inch net pots with about 1/2 handful of hydroton and lava rock in em. I've been too cheap to get a new drill piece and go up a size. Plus I've never grown out anything huge in these. They do pretty good for 3-4 month grows but a lot of the time I have to struggle to get roots out if I want to re use it. Probably ditching the bucket after this though I am really enjoying the organic process. If I do do hydro again I'll use coco quoir and organic nutes through out. Give a gift of buckets and nutes to someone who can use it. OR Put some peppers and tomatoes in it!

BB from what I can tell is a pretty genetically diverse "strain" which is too bad. But I got mine from a very trusted and very highly reviews independent seed breeder. It's supposed to be fairly stable compared to the other BB's out there. I have a hard time with lineage but it's from good stock I remember that much.

Apparently you can just giver with coco oil and butter, up to 1:1g/g I usually aim for about 1oz of cannabis per cup of butter or 230g of oil.

Heading over to check your thread now!

Back
Top Bottom