J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

re: J's Back! - New Perpetual Jungle - Soil to Hydro Autos & Regs

Ya I have to find a way to slow the drying process down so I'll try paper bag here right away and see if that helps. I know that curing doesn't happen @50% so I'm aiming for 60 I think. They seem slightly dry to the touch at 60. Might do one jar @65%

The haze was no loss. I keep cutting pieces off because the bugs. ugggg I am so grossed out. They are so close to done though. They are getting washes, thoroughly, and then turned into oil and baked. No bugs. None ever again after this. Need every 3 weeks and some anti everything spray. Can't wait to bleach the ********** ***** ********* out of that room, put up some more panda film and plant some new seeds :)

PS. Macro photos, get in on it in the signature!
That last part is what I'm most excited about. At this point though that is about 3 weeks away. So I cope by not going in very often. Once a day to spray CS (Day 11 today, flowers soon :) ) Fem seeds right around the corner. Thanks goodness. If it wasn't for this batch of seeds I would have cut everything weeks ago.

Ok so first off - Ewww, ewww ewww eww! So never again letting bugs get that bad. I was going to take pics for all of you but I had a hard enough time willing myself to cut things. It was getting that bad. Anyways, everything is down. Just need to take out those stalks and roots from the tank. Getting some new genetics in here right way which will be fun! In the mean time I'm going to make a nice strong bleach solution and see about modifying my space a little :) Thinking about doing something with the upper most space, give myself some more head space to work with, maybe lift the pots up a little, give myself more service/storage area that may work better. Certainly putting up more poly though. The yellow orange of the walls are getting to me I think.......

Eventually it would be nice to upgrade entirely, but at the moment gotta work with what we got. No big loss though. Making some RSO and some coco-oil tomorrow, and maybe even try my hand at "hemp" paper. If I have time I'll whip off a couple batches of miracle cookies.

Just like making canna butter but with less loss and vegan friendly.

RSO worked beautifully! Didn't quite catch the trick for cooking with it right off the get go, but thats ok!

Cookies look ok.... now to put on my taste tester hat!

Almost forgot about the root ball!

It was basically one giant jumbled mess. Also, don't let old roots sit in the water for 2+ days.... It goes gross really really quickly!

Not really much to update. Figure out my carbon filter situation. We will see how it works when I need it.
Poly is for the most part up. I need like 3 inches... it's kind of funny but I might just paint it for the moment. The difference though between the old off tan colour and this white is spectacular.
New floor is mapped out, just got to cut it tomorrow. Even have the elevated support figured out. Considering making the closet a split for veg and flower next year.

I'm super excited about the new genetics but have decided to not use the revolver this round. Mostly because I am craving some blueberry and all I have is auto blueberry cross so it will have to do. Still doing Haze Extreme but I have surprises on their way and they will probably take the majority of the space. 1 tub for those specials, 1 tub for the haze (5 seeds) 1 tub for the BB autos.

I should have already started cracking my seeds but I am worried that they will be ahead of schedule and I will be behind :(

Yup, so good thing I havn't cracked anything. Got behind on a huge project so I've been playing catch up. Plus it looks like my present is a whiles away still so that's ok. I also have a funny feeling I won't be able to put those into buckets soo looks like i'll be doing a side by side, mix light, mixed medium, mixed photo/auto soil/hydro led/hps/(fluro?) hahaha just for fun right? It may not be very practical but it's almost winter. It's a time for survival and enjoyment where you can find it!

Floors all planned out. Almost fits nice. Retrying this coming week. I made the first one out of cardboard. This next one will be cardboard too. If it doesn't fit, it isn't getting cut out of wood. No more light leaks. A nice raised ish floor to work with. Rear vent holes. Considering making a top down (Attic drawing) vent for the light. Cold air down, hot air up. Looking at fans soon too. I want to find something medium sized but with a variable control. Little pricey but I think in the long run it will be worth it.

Alright so tonight I'm adding water to a bunch of BB autos and to the haze. I have a little seedling box for them so I have about a week of play before the room needs to be done. All I really need to do is cut the floor. Once that's done the rest is a cinch. At this rate my first harvest will be in the end of January.

Thanks for swinging by Joe! Glad to have ya.

Gonna be putting the BB autos in their respective pots tonight. Half half DWC / Soil me thinks. The haze are not wanting to crack underwater so I'll change the water again today and hope to see some tap root by tomorrow. I am also expecting those special gifts at some point.... Starting to get upset with the process though. Not to let on too much I have been waiting for clones from this person for almost a month and have already completed my end of the deal.... Not impressed.

Oh well Ordering some OG BlueBerry here right away cause hot damn those look good and I am so sick of these completely unstable autos. Ideally I would like to get some of these breed right so that they all look somewhat the same and finish within 80ish days.... ya right. I got such better results from photoperiod plants in the past. Autos only seemed interesting for their high turn over rates. I'll be throwing some in on every grow but no longer exclusively autos. What a waste of space. I did harvest about 1/2-3/4rs of a lb last year though with those autos, but nothing finished and the smoke was way below standards soooo ya.

Can't wait to get everything rockin again!

ok... so I'm a little miffed right now.... That gift/surprise I have been waiting for.... turn out I did it all for a partially grown Auto.... Really kinda chocked right now. I specifically said 2-3, regular, non auto. I also , and this is my bad, figured that since it was from another medical person that they would A) Know what they were talking about and B) have some good strong medical photoperiod cannabis.... NOPE!

I feel kind of cheated to tell the truth. Here I am thinking that I'm getting a couple of nice clones, that I'm moving on back to photoperiod plants and this... bah. Looks like I'll be getting those blueberry seeds sooner than I though.... Sending that off tomorrow...

Ok a little less steamed today. Got things figured out. Feel like they might be having more trouble than I so I'm going to help them out with some of my auto seeds. Got a butt load might as well do something with em. Gonna have more than my share by summer too!

Figured I would put some pics up for you allthis evening. Floor is down, just have to poly it. Everything is washed and sterilized. Seeds are mostly cracked, the haze is being slow so put them right into the rock wool. Just running some fluro and a 90w UFO ATM going to step it up to the hps a little later (couple weeks)

private_1_.JPG
private_2_.JPG
private_3_.JPG
private_4_.jpg
private_5_.JPG

This is some of the cali haze from last round. Could of gone for a while longer but with the bugs it was never going to be very good. I think the last of this will get turned into some coco oil.

Wow! Ok so this auto is kicking a lot of butt so far. In a week just look at that growth!
I'm having trouble sprouting my auto BB but all the Xtreme haze came up! Very happy there. Will have to put more ABB seeds into water. I usually get really good results with this method but maybe next time I'll just put em into soil. The true BB seeds should be showing up soon. Very excited. Trying to get my hands on some Dr. Grinspoon but still no luck. Oh well

Photos!

private-16.jpg
private-21.jpg
private-41.jpg
private-31.jpg

So I was right. I went a little overboard with watering a couple days ago when I was misting the seeds and a lot of the smaller ones rotted :(

On the upside all 5 of the X Haze are up! and I think I got 4 Auto BB. I've got another 9 seeds soaking and 4 more pots. Looks like I'll be doubling up! S'ok though the pheno I'm looking for is short quick, tasty and only produces about 7-14g in earth. I'm aiming for a 70 day pheno, we will see.

I certainly need a space for seed making though. I was going to bag the balls and dust by hand, but I almost think having an isolated chamber would be nice. Couple fluros in there. Keep it under 50cm cube. If I can I'll try to make that a project. But with holiday season almost here I fear I may not have time or money.

I'm going to soil these and I think I'm going to keep the hydro set up for when the BB get here. They will be able to catch up a little bit this way. 12/12 by this time Dec. Checking into getting another led light. Get a 200-300 panel cause these things rock! You can just see it in the leaves and the growth. The plants love it!

Alright, thats it for now. Back at it I guess.

Soil components
~1/3, 1/3, 1/3 loam peat hummus
small parts perlite, sand, kelp meal, bone meal, egg shells, coffee ground, rock dust, pinch of epson salts

:bravo:
Looks great!

Sorry to hear about the bad clones. I helped a buddy set up a rec grow a few months ago. We bought clones from the dispensary and they were almost dead. I couldn't believe they would actually even sell those things to people in the condition they were in. Thankfully we met up with a guy from Craigslist the next day who had excellent clones.

I'm sure this is something you've answered before but just curious why you prefer using auto seeds? When I first started growing I started with Autos. Ended up making a huge batch of my own seeds. I've grown a few of them out but they're always hit and miss. After my first grow I started using regulars and cloning my own. Haven't looked back since and considering the way the clone/seed market is going I think it's in all of our best interest to build up our own genetic stockpiles. Just wondering what your take is on auto/reg because its a question I get asked often.

For drying I also deal with extremely low humidity. Right now my average dry time is 3 days. I've tried a few things to slow it down. One is just pulling the fan leaves and not trimming the branches until after they're dried. It sucks trimming but def slows it down. The method I'm using now is a running a cool mist humidifier near the dry line to keep the humidity high enough. And the method I'd go back to if I had space is using a cardboard wardrobe box from the Uhaul store. Usually after 3 days on the line they get trimmed off the branch and put into turkey pans for 1 day. Then I jar them for a day. Then I take them back out and let them set in the pans for a few hours and back to the jars. I keep doing that until I get 62% humidity for my cure. Honestly I never get a chance to cure though. Once it hits 62% its out the door.

Would really love to see you run the isolated seed chamber. As you recall that's what I was contemplating with my Cindy 99 male but I chickened out lol.

Keep up the great work! :Namaste:

:bravo:
Looks great!

Sorry to hear about the bad clones. I helped a buddy set up a rec grow a few months ago. We bought clones from the dispensary and they were almost dead. I couldn't believe they would actually even sell those things to people in the condition they were in. Thankfully we met up with a guy from Craigslist the next day who had excellent clones.

I'm sure this is something you've answered before but just curious why you prefer using auto seeds? When I first started growing I started with Autos. Ended up making a huge batch of my own seeds. I've grown a few of them out but they're always hit and miss. After my first grow I started using regulars and cloning my own. Haven't looked back since and considering the way the clone/seed market is going I think it's in all of our best interest to build up our own genetic stockpiles. Just wondering what your take is on auto/reg because its a question I get asked often.

For drying I also deal with extremely low humidity. Right now my average dry time is 3 days. I've tried a few things to slow it down. One is just pulling the fan leaves and not trimming the branches until after they're dried. It sucks trimming but def slows it down. The method I'm using now is a running a cool mist humidifier near the dry line to keep the humidity high enough. And the method I'd go back to if I had space is using a cardboard wardrobe box from the Uhaul store. Usually after 3 days on the line they get trimmed off the branch and put into turkey pans for 1 day. Then I jar them for a day. Then I take them back out and let them set in the pans for a few hours and back to the jars. I keep doing that until I get 62% humidity for my cure. Honestly I never get a chance to cure though. Once it hits 62% its out the door.

Would really love to see you run the isolated seed chamber. As you recall that's what I was contemplating with my Cindy 99 male but I chickened out lol.

Keep up the great work! :Namaste:

Thanks man, much appreciated and welcome :)

Wasent so much they were bad clones. So heres is a more complete version of the story. A friend of a friend also has a med card. They always have a couple extra plants that they cull to keep themselves within their limit. I asked my friend to see if they could get me some plants. Now I figured if you ask someone for plants in this environment and just generally it would be a clone. I expected 2-3. What I got was an auto.... So ya not quite what I was going for but it forced me to remember one of the many golden rules. If you want it done right, do it yourself. So now I have awesome genetics, here and on the way. Little sad, but this auto does have some phenomenal reviews!

So the auto situation is as follows. I removed the links to my old grows but I didin't have much money or room last year. Got some "lowryder" from a CND seed bank. They were most certainly not original #1 or #2 Joint Doctors Lowryder! I also got some auto skunk, auto cheese, auto bb, auto NL to go with all that. Mostly free seeds. Got a couple males and did some crosses. I don't really believe in buying seeds except to expand genetics. Now I would have had all the seeds I would have ever needed by I am so un enthused and un impressed with autos that I need a change. So with colloidial silver hanging out, 1 strain of auto I am actually working wioth to make more awesome and 2 very strong photo genetics everything is looking good.

I keep meaning to do a paper bag dry but I think I've got it figured out for this round. I have so many rubbermaids/totes right now I could probably hook up a warehouse full of DWC. So I'm going to take one of them and use that to slow dry. Kind of like the paper bag method. I've only heard of one or two people using this method, but with the <30% humidity I will have come harvest I don't think I will have to worry. Open the lid every day, turn em all over, flip em about. Should be good right?

I just hope I dont run out of room.... 4 1/2" x 1 1/2' deep hahaha . 1 auto ostly grown(1 more month) 5 Haze X(so like 2-3 good fems) 10(hopeful number) Auto BB for breading, and then 5 more Pure BlueBerry...... Ummm ya.... Thankfully this is really just a seeed run and a light restock. All this will probably go to making oil or baked goods. But seeeeeds soooo many seeds! I wish there was somewhere we could legally trade them. I know on some other, less used forums, they offer tradesies but thats sketch!

Im subbed! everything sounds great im very excited to watch your grow. I 150% agree with you on the trading. I have a ton of seeds but alot are freebies and stuff and im sure there are people out there that would want them that have something I want or if im to broke to buy a strain that I want but have seeds to trade for it. someone really needs to make a legitt trading site I think itd be a huge success. Are your BB still going slow? I got a nl x bb auto going right now and it took forever to germ then I put it in the soil and within 24hours it broke through and was like 4-5inches tall it was crazy. but now its growing suuuuper slow and Im surprised because of how quick and tall it sprouted. Another question for ya. That auto cali haze you did was that the super auto from flash seeds? I love autos and have been xdying to try some of stitches super autos Iv heard great things but havnt found anyone around here that has directly grown a super auto. well anyways im pulling up a chair and here for the long haul. good day!.... oh and go check out my journal if you want to see the progress on my auto nl x bb. i know its not exactly the same as a just bb but im sure its similar so may be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom